Tyus Battle returning | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle returning

th

I know smh. I try not to think about it, but if Marek can make the sophomore jump I think he is capable of given what we saw at the end of last year, it may not matter all that much.

I think this means that Hughes will get a lot of time at forward. He is supposed to be too good not to play, and we've got 5 other guards now. This will help with the lack front court depth, though.

We did show that we could play defense last year. The same guys will be back.

I hope the expected added offense enables Tyus to play a couple of less minutes a game.

LGO!

Here's my completely uninformed theory that could drive everybody insane - Gary Battle has more or less functioned as an agent, but not formally signed as such. The Battle family has been extremely careful to do everything by the book so as not to jeopardize any options for Tyus. Tyus announced his return, and one of the NBA teams reaches out to Gary and says "Hey, so... you're going to have a problem. Remember when..." and the Battle family has a collective "OH " moment as they've now announced Battle's return but may have penned him into a situation where he wouldn't be cleanly eligible.

I think it's simpler than that. I think that after the Bazely nonsense, JB wasn't having it until Battle sent the paperwork to the NBA to withdraw. Who needs another circus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom