Tyus Battle returning | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle returning

It's a Bizzaro World.
hqdefault.jpg

2822ss9.jpg

How many Sweet 16 teams return their top 7 players?

If the centers stay healthy, this could be a heck of a team.

C: Chewy and Sidibe
FW: Brissett, Dolezaj, Hughes, Braswell
G: Frank, Tyus, Carey, Boeheim, Washington

The centers have to stay healthy, and if Hughes can board at the bottom of the zone and make threes like they say, this could be a crazy good team. I will say that Hughes looks jacked, and if he can handle, well, we will be able to put some lineups on the floor that might break 60 points next year! LOL

Edit:
Five on five practices without walk-ons again!

Chewy v. Sidibe
Brissett v. Hughes (tough v. tough)
Marek v. Braswell (skinny v. skinny)
Frank v. Boeheim / Washington (once he gets healthy) for different looks for Frank
Tyus v. Jalen Carey, so you have your most athletic guards against each other.

Last edited:
How many Sweet 16 teams return their top 7 players?
Can not answer that but do recall there were 4 teams from ACC in Sweet Sixteen. Of course Duke lost most if not all of their starting players but supposedly reloaded! Regardless, we will surprise several folks when they get to see the 2018/2019 team play.

Guys our starting backcourt for the next 2 years will be

2018 - Frank Howard (SR), Tyus Battle (JR)
2019 - Jalen Carey (SO), Brycen Goodine (FR) elijah hughes jr
fify

Can not answer that but do recall there were 4 teams from ACC in Sweet Sixteen. Of course Duke lost most if not all of their starting players but supposedly reloaded! Regardless, we will surprise several folks when they get to see the 2018/2019 team play.
Tyus and his family should be applauded for taking full advantage of the system. Tyus will obtain his degree, improve his overall game, get great exposure by leading SU to a very good year and end up being drafted much higher as a result of the above and a weaker draft. As a fan this is such good news. If Sid is well watch out. We will be in every game and have a true chance at a special season. Fantastic news!

We finally reeled one back in...

1527738303403.png

For years I've said that the last SU player who seriously considered jumping to the NBA who came back was Derrick Coleman. Now I'll be able to say that nobody did that since Tyus Battle.

We now have the entire starting line-up of a Sweet 16 team that was almost an Elite 8 team coming back. the ACC will still be tough and the NCAA will still be a crap shoot, (remember Virginia). But this team should be good enough that we will be curious, not nervous on selection Sunday. They could accomplish much more than that, (note the success of veteran teams in the NCAAs in recent years, especially those with veteran back courts), but for now that modest goal will be enough to get me though the summer and fall with a smile on my face when the subject of SU basketball comes up.

Clemson brings back a good amount and they were one of the four.

LOL just like everything else today, this has my hopes up for 90% of it right up to the last paragraph where he says Tyus will be starting alongside Bazley next year. Of course, he very well might be starting next to Bazley... in a Mad Ants uniform.
Norlander is the worst. He doesnt know his stuff at all—or just focuses on certain teams. He doesn’t mention Carey or Hughes and what a big impact both of them will have. No mention of Sid or Marek either. He says we wouldn’t have been a top 25 team without Tyus, which I greatly disagree with. I think with Tyus now we’re championship level good, as long as Sid stays relatively healthy. We’re still gonna surprise people next season because once again we’ll be underestimated.

We finally reeled one back in...

View attachment 129347

For years I've said that the last SU player who seriously considered jumping to the NBA who came back was Derrick Coleman. Now I'll be able to say that nobody did that since Tyus Battle.

We now have the entire starting line-up of a Sweet 16 team that was almost an Elite 8 team coming back. the ACC will still be tough and the NCAA will still be a crap shoot, (remember Virginia). But this team should be good enough that we will be curious, not nervous on selection Sunday. They could accomplish much more than that, (note the success of veteran teams in the NCAAs in recent years, especially those with veteran back courts), but for now that modest goal will be enough to get me though the summer and fall with a smile on my face when the subject of SU basketball comes up.
Wallace. CJ Fair. Warrick.

I’m pretty damn excited about this, but something changed late in the game.

I have no insight whatsoever but isn't it possible that an NBA team caught wind that he was planning on returning to Cuse and made a last minute inquiry to the Battle camp to see if he would keep his name in the draft (ultimately, I suspect, without a guarantee)? What NBA team likes less draft options? Answer = none.

Wow. Not an easy decision for him, I'm sure.

He's in line for a really successful season as a Junior. Here's hoping he can push himself into the 1st round next season.

On the downside, thus concludes our streak of players selected in the 1st round.
the thing is, he may well end up being the third best player on the team next year - and that is not a knock on tyus. i expect oshae to have a big sophomore leap, and, if healthy, i think bourama has the most potential of anyone on the squad

Norlander is the worst. He doesnt know his stuff at all—or just focuses on certain teams. He doesn’t mention Carey or Hughes and what a big impact both of them will have. No mention of Sid or Marek either. He says we wouldn’t have been a top 25 team without Tyus, which I greatly disagree with. I think with Tyus now we’re championship level good, as long as Sid stays relatively healthy. We’re still gonna surprise people next season because once again we’ll be underestimated.

Before you get too carried away, we are going to be good defensively again, but we're not going to be too beefy inside. We are susceptible to getting "big boyed" inside against certain teams next year. That's why I'd love to get a player like Isaiah Stewart. He could make such a difference. Imagine if DeJuan Coleman had been able to stay healthy. We miss a guy like that, or Arinze, or Big Rick, or Fab Melo (sophomore year). Stewart could get that element back for us. I hope Duke gets people higher on their board ahead of him.

the thing is, he may well end up being the third best player on the team next year - and that is not a knock on tyus. i expect oshae to have a big sophomore leap, and, if healthy, i think bourama has the most potential of anyone on the squad

I don’t think so, even not being a first round pick, he’s an excellent college player who is a great scorer.

Brissett while having the tools has a lot of work to do with not only his shot but also finishing at the rim. Sidibe we need to see him with a healthy knee.

Zero doubt in my mind Tyus is the guy next year, he’s going to have the ball a lot in his hands, let’s see if he adds some more to his game and shows he can pass the ball well on his drives.

Copied from a facebook post cause I am too tired to write this again....
OMG. Craziest day. Left AZ at 7am. Drove to LA. Car full of things for my son's new house. They move in this weekend. Went to house to unload car. Checked that gas company turned on gas. They did. Thankfully checked the hot water. There was none . For some reason they did not start the hot water heater. Called. Was told an issue with it. Tried to fire it up. Water pouring out of the bottom. It was fine 2 days ago when they were last in the house. Tracked down home warranty company. Wow the plumber will be there at 5. Wait for the plumber who pulls up at exactly 5pm on the dot. Needs new water heater. Will be installed tomorrow afternoon. Then drove 40 min. to son's apartment. Unloaded packing cartons. Stayed for dinner. First message comes that he said Tyus is coming back, but he took the tweet down... What???!! Ordered pizza. Ate dinner. Checked into the hotel. Got all set up. Sat down at the computer, and YES!!Seriously for days I checked every 5 minutes. Totally was too busy today to check. Surprise, surprise, surprise. Yes I want to leave 85 degrees of Phoenix next April to head to Slightly colder Minneapolis. 1 ticket please...

Copied from a facebook post cause I am too tired to write this again...
OMG. Craziest day. Left AZ at 7am. Drove to LA. Car full of things for my son's new house. They move in this weekend. Went to house to unload car. Checked that gas company turned on gas. They did. Thankfully checked the hot water. There was none . For some reason they did not start the hot water heater. Called. Was told an issue with it. Tried to fire it up. Water pouring out of the bottom. It was fine 2 days ago when they were last in the house. Tracked down home warranty company. Wow the plumber will be there at 5. Wait for the plumber who pulls up at exactly 5pm on the dot. Needs new water heater. Will be installed tomorrow afternoon. Then drove 40 min. to son's apartment. Unloaded packing cartons. Stayed for dinner. First message comes that he said Tyus is coming back, but he took the tweet down... What???!! Ordered pizza. Ate dinner. Checked into the hotel. Got all set up. Sat down at the computer, and YES!!Seriously for days I checked every 5 minutes. Totally was too busy today to check. Surprise, surprise, surprise. Yes I want to leave 85 degrees of Phoenix next April to head to Slightly colder Minneapolis. 1 ticket please...
As crazy as all that is, you should’ve seen the board. Madhouse!!!!

Well, that was interesting. Good news to wake up to. What's next to disturb the Force in the Otto-man Empire? Good decision, BTW, Mr. Battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom