Tyus Battle returning | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle returning

Battle made a good decision. Enjoy another year of college, work on his weaknesses and grow his game while playing and enter the pros more prepared unlike dumb sss Richardson. Hold the laughs because not comparing games but his body movement on the court is somewhat reminiscent of MJ . My prediction is he becomes a decent pro partly because he had the smarts to stay another year

Battle made a good decision. Enjoy another year of college, work on his weaknesses and grow his game while playing and enter the pros more prepared unlike dumb sss Richardson. Hold the laughs because not comparing games but his body movement on the court is somewhat reminiscent of MJ . My prediction is he becomes a decent pro partly because he had the smarts to stay another year
dumb sss Richardson? How much money you have in the bank?

Richardson was a first round pick, has made $3 million, and has played in 48 NBA games and even started 4 of them. Dumb?

If Battle was likely going to be a first round pick, he probably would’ve left too. Both guys made the decisions they felt were in their best interest.

Mali and Lydon are awfully disrespected around here for 2 players who were the main reasons we made it to the 2016 FF. You would think they accomplished nothing at Syracuse the way some of our fans talk about them.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mali and Lydon are awfully disrespected around here for 2 players who were the main reasons we made it to the 2016 FF. You would think they accomplished nothing at Syracuse the way some of our fans talk about them.
Some of our fans think the players owe them something other than their best efforts on the court while they are here.

Richardson was a first round pick, has made $3 million, and has played in 48 NBA games and even started 4 of them. Dumb?

If Battle was likely going to be a first round pick, he probably would’ve left too. Both guys made the decisions they felt were in their best interest.
You do realize how rookie scale works right? Going 12th instead of 22nd doubles your pay ie $6mil per vs $3 , and $12 mil vs $6 over two. He was raw and has not developed much, think he has spent just as much time in the G league as the pros. Fringe players also dont have teams pick up options for years 3-4.

You do realize how rookie scale works right? Going 12th instead of 22nd doubles your pay ie $6mil per vs $3 , and $12 mil vs $6 over two. He was raw and has not developed much, think he has spent just as much time in the G league as the pros. Fringe players also dont have teams pick up options for years 3-4.

How many soph/junior 2 guards have gone 12th this decade?

The thing with Bazely / O'Shea is this. Those personality conflicts are often waaaay overblown. Winning fixes a lot of that friction.

Melo thought GMAC was shooting too much (hint of his issues latter in his career?) and I think there were rumors of a mass exodus when this past year's team was struggling.

It's only an issue if the team is losing. I'd prefer not to put that theory to the test, but at the end of the day's those issues disappear if the team is winning. If they're losing, usually there are bigger issues than personalities.

Plenty. 31 guards sophisticated or older to be exact, 20 sgs and 11 pgs. Most were a lot higher than 12, most were in top ten and some near top

Plenty. 31 guards sophisticated or older to be exact, 20 sgs and 11 pgs. Most were a lot higher than 12, most were in top ten and some near top

Huh? You either didn’t understand the question,
Or you completely made that up as far as “most were in top 10”. 11 shooting guards that were sophs or older in the entire decade. Most of them were from 2011-13.

2010: None
2011:Klay Thompson (Jr)
Alec Burks (So)

2012: Dion Waiters (So)
Terrance Ross (So)
Jeremy Lamb (So)

2013: Victor Oladipo (Jr)
Kentavious Caldwell Pope (So)
CJ McCollum (Sr)

2014: Nik Stauskus (So)
2015 : None
2016: Buddy Hield(Sr)
2017: Luke Kennard(So)

I wouldn’t say that’s a ton, and just 3 of them in the last 4 years.

Last edited:
Huh? You either didn’t understand the question,
Or you completely made that up as far as “most were in top 10”. 11 shooting guards that were sophs or older in the entire decade. Most of them were from 2011-13.

2011:Klay Thompson (Jr)
Alec Burks (So)

2012: Dion Waiters (So)
Terrance Ross (So)
Jeremy Lamb (So)

2013: Victor Oladipo (Jr)
Kentavious Caldwell Pope (So)
CJ McCollum (Sr)

2014: Nik Stauskus (So)
2015 : None
2016: Buddy Hield(Sr)
2017: Luke Kennard(So)

I wouldn’t say that’s a ton, and just 3 of them in the last 4 years.
PLENTY n plenty of top ten .Decade 2007-17. Evan Turner, Wesley Johnson, Kemba Walker, Jimmer, Alec burks, Dion Waiters , Damian Lilliard , Terence ross, Jeremy lamb, Victor Oladipo, Pope, Trey Burke, Michael Carter Williams, Dante Exum, Marcus Smart, Nik Staukas, Efrid Payton, Kris Dun, Buddy Hield, Luke Kennard, Donovan Mitchell, Co\reey Brewer, Acie Law, Russell Westbrook, DJ Augustin, Brandon Rush, James Harden, Jonny Flynn, Steph Curry, Terence Williams, Gerald Henderson..... Malachi should have raised his stock and made doubled his coin

PLENTY n plenty of top ten .Decade 2007-17. Evan Turner, Wesley Johnson, Kemba Walker, Jimmer, Alec burks, Dion Waiters , Damian Lilliard , Terence ross, Jeremy lamb, Victor Oladipo, Pope, Trey Burke, Michael Carter Williams, Dante Exum, Marcus Smart, Nik Staukas, Efrid Payton, Kris Dun, Buddy Hield, Luke Kennard, Donovan Mitchell, Co\reey Brewer, Acie Law, Russell Westbrook, DJ Augustin, Brandon Rush, James Harden, Jonny Flynn, Steph Curry, Terence Williams, Gerald Henderson... Malachi should have raised his stock and made doubled his coin

Yeah, I guess there’s plenty if you also name PG’s, SF’s, guys who weren’t actually picked in the top 12, and go back to freakin 2007. Lol.

Yeah, I guess there’s plenty if you also name PG’s, SF’s, guys who weren’t actually picked in the top 12, and go back to freakin 2007. Lol.
Well, technically that is the last decade.

Right. I should’ve worded it differently, because I meant this decade, as in 2010-present.

But really I was just throwing that time period out there. Pretty clear what the trend is. Only 3 SG’s that were sophs or older picked that high in the last 4 years.

Pretty tough for a non ball handling guard to go that high these days.

He asks for names from last ten years then dislikes getting plenty of names .Think I gave him two #13 picks but perhaps should have extended to #14 since that is lthe "lottery". Malachi can handle ball well enough and also defend . For those who dont know, there is a trend towards small ball and 'wings' are in.. Could have expanded list to include some small forwards just based on that

Let me use Mikail Bridges to drive home the point. U

Malachi is 6'6" and has put on weight, Sacramento was looking at him as small forward after acquiring him given their team and trend towards teams going small. You take a player like Mikail Bridges who is 6' 7" and frailer. He was not close to ready even after helping Villy to 16" chip, he stayed and continued to work and develop on his game and now is not expected to drop pass Knicks at 9. He'll not only get a much better deal in top ten then in twenties but he'll stick in NBA whereas Malachi is questionable. If you come out as a frosh, you better have the talent to be at least in the lottery if not in top ten otherwise best to stay until you are prepared as time goes by quickly. H We can ponder all we want but he would have improved his game and his draft standing instead he decide to grab the quick cash imo and that did not benefit him beyond the shortest timeframe imaginable

Everyone is mad at the "dumb sss richardson" comment and I'm giggling at the MJ-body-movement comparison. Whatever the hell that means
Should be rather simple to understand what it that means, Battle reminds me somewhat of MJ in the way he moves .

Should be rather simple to understand what it that means, Battle reminds me somewhat of MJ in the way he moves .

Haha it's just funny to me because there are thousands of basketball players and you compared his moves to the greatest player of all time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom