UCONN…. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UCONN….

And we are never going to catch them. They'll always have more than us (5 I believe if they win it next weekend) . It's truly irritating.
Is UConn having 6 titles (or however many they might have when we win our next one) going to take away the joy we experience when we get number 2? I personally don’t care who has more. Did the Red Sox fans not celebrate their World Series recently because the Yankees have 20 more than them? Enjoy success when it comes to you. You can appreciate history but live in the moment and enjoy our time on top whenever we get there again.

If we never went on that first probation then UConn would have zero national titles. ;)

Listen, lol, when I’m angry enough about UConn, I do convince myself this might be true. Haha.

Call it indirectly then. We're basically playing around w semantics at this point. Yes, under Boeheim this program lost its way recruiting the northeast. If you don’t think Hopkins brings Andre Jackson and challenges and wins other recruits that UConn snagged, then you don't know how this works. Hop was a master recruiter, Boeheim used to be, somewhat, but as we saw these last few years he definitely lost it.
He magically lost it when we left the BE?

I could not find a dark chocolate Easter bunny. Milk chocolate is a non starter.
Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

I’m just certain that moving back to the Big East from the AAC conference in his 3rd year at UConn where his best record was coming in 5th in the AAC, had nothing to do with UConn’s recruiting improvement. A team from Connecticut recruiting kids to play in Texas, Florida, Kansas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Louisiana etc must have been very attractive. :rolleyes:

I think there were some guys that we should have recruited, one is Adama Sanogo, we never offered. They beat us for Samson Johnson, which raised eyebrows but then Andre Jackson set off alarm bells.

Its not soo much that if Hop took over Uconn never gets back to this level. I think its more that JB just quietly quit years ago and never gave the program honest evaluations of the talent level being good enough, scheme being good enough, staff being good enough nor put in enough time himself in recruiting.

I think there were some guys that we should have recruited, one is Adama Sanogo, we never offered. They beat us for Samson Johnson, which raised eyebrows but then Andre Jackson set off alarm bells.

Its not soo much that if Hop took over Uconn never gets back to this level. I think its more that JB just quietly quit years ago and never gave the program honest evaluations of the talent level being good enough, scheme being good enough, staff being good enough nor put in enough time himself in recruiting.
JB mailed it in regarding recruiting his last 5 years or so. Red and Gmac were on an island That said we were never getting Clingan. The kid grew up in UConns backyard.

Jackson was a big loss. He would have helped some of our teams who lacked athleticism the last few years and could have been the point forward setting up Buddy and Joe.

Our fans love to give material to the boneyard. They get off to this stuff. I don’t get why you guys give them the satisfaction. And I’m referring to multiple posts/threads not just this one.
God forbid someone acknowledges on a message board how a program that was once inferior to us, has passed us by standing still. Its okay to acknowledge the truth.

Over the Past 24 years (no championship for COVID), they are going to their 6th final four and possibly 6th championship. Would be an average of a championship every 4 years.

Plus, pretty sure UCONN has some other things they are busy celebrating and worrying about, then a simple message board post from a team they rarely play anymore. Im sure this board would do the exact same thing if the roles were reversed. And in the end, this post wont make UCONN any better or any worse.

JB mailed it in regarding recruiting his last 5 years or so. Red and Gmac were on an island That said we were never getting Clingan. The kid grew up in UConns backyard.

Jackson was a big loss. He would have helped some of our teams who lacked athleticism the last few years and could have been the point forward setting up Buddy and Joe.
Totally forgot to list Clingan. Missed on him and Filipowski and settled for Petey Carey, quite a dropoff.

It's amazing what they are doing. Very few MCD AAs, yet so dominant. I watched their backups come in garbage time, and thought they looked as good as some of our starters, scary.

I think next year we should all stop blaming Boeheim and direct our praise and critiques to Coach Autry. Year 1 we can give a pass but year 2 in this environment is 100% his team. Whatever happens next year is 100% on Autry and not due to poor recruiting by the former coach. Boeheim’s last recruiting class will be juniors next year.

I think next year we should all stop blaming Boeheim and direct our praise and critiques to Coach Autry. Year 1 we can give a pass but year 2 in this environment is 100% his team. Whatever happens next year is 100% on Autry and not due to poor recruiting by the former coach. Boeheim’s last recruiting class will be juniors next year.
I agree, but I think Red will get us back in the tournament next year to some people’s chagrin.

I blame Dave Gavitt.

Should have invited Quinnipiac instead of UConn in 1979.
finally some sound logic in this thread!

storz st managed to do what indiana, gtown, and even Nova never managed to do to my Jack soaked brain, they elevated themselves out of the our peer catagory.

theyre just about to sit with dook, unc, uk and ku, if they win its done. if not theyll remain purgatory for another year or so, till they inevitably win again and cement that spot.

its a shame and it royally sucks, like markle bad.

UConn is more than just Clingan, their guards are really good too.

I don't get these recent posts about Storrs, fans are being really insecure about them

I will tell you this much: if Deshaun Williams wasn’t spending his time getting busy in the bathroom and beating up Otto, we would have 17 titles now! 17!!

What’s weird about your whole original hypothesis was it was based on the JB/Hop decisions (if JB retired and Hop took over then ….)

But the problem with your hypothesis is Hop went on to be a head coach and just got fired because he wasn’t successful. You’re inferring Hop would have been successful here, and the lynchpin between it all was Andre Jackson. Those are some pretty extreme leaps.

Regardless, nothing JB did was directly related to UConn. There may be some tiny indirect things because Hurley won a few players both teams were recruiting. But it’s not like we recruited all of the players that Hurley landed.
Wrong on everything you said as to the intent and meaning of my post. Jackson and Clingan are examples of what was a larger issue. Hopkins surely would have challenged and won on some of the recruits Hurley was able to get. Hopkins was set up here w his main recruiting channels existing on the east coast and in NYC, Philly, PA etc.. He was not set up in the same way out in Washington state, hence why he did not succeed there. He stuck around for several years only to be told nah, I'm not leaving my post Hop, Buddy's good enough for D1 and I'm staying to coach my son. You're kidding yourself if you don't think Hop as HC Cuse gets some of the recruits Hurley got.

I could not find a dark chocolate Easter bunny. Milk chocolate is a non starter.
Was at Wegmans this morning. Last night they had a huge tub of the delicious Reese's peanut butter eggs. Tons of the bags of them. In a span of 12 hours, all gone. I snoozed and lost.

Is UConn having 6 titles (or however many they might have when we win our next one) going to take away the joy we experience when we get number 2? I personally don’t care who has more. Did the Red Sox fans not celebrate their World Series recently because the Yankees have 20 more than them? Enjoy success when it comes to you. You can appreciate history but live in the moment and enjoy our time on top whenever we get there again.
You're over-thinking my post. UConn having a boat load of titles irritates many Cuse fans. That has zero to do w enjoying a Cuse NCAAT run and title.

Well,

They have more championships, more Final Fours, more Big East tournament titles, more big east regular season titles.

Since 99, their resume is unmatched. They were in no man’s land in the AAC, and now are on one of the greatest NCAA tournament runs ever. Closest game in the past 10 NCAA tournament games, their closest win is 13 points I believe?

As much as I hate them, they are unbelievable. They are the standard right now. Meanwhile, we haven’t been relevant in a very long time. Tough to stomach for me.

Exactly. It's pretty simple to connect the dots in regards to your point, no matter how difficult it is for some to swallow.

UConn has gone from your undesirable ex (Dom Perno years, etc.) to your 'undercover angel midnight fantasy' while SU has aged very ungracefully, especially over the last 10 years or so, and now she's the one laughing at you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom