Out if we need it with zero penalty
Close game for Fans
Close for recruits
Close for parents
Very modest payment
Cost effective trip for Cuse
NYC coverage
Did i mention 4 wins.

The way you wrote this post kind of looks like a rap song.

No we didn't.
Its 4 wins

<chorus>
Close game for Fans
Close for recruits
Close for parents
<chorus>

Very modest payment
NYC coverage
Did i mention 4 wins (moves crowd side to side)

<chorus>
Close game for Fans
Close for recruits
Close for parents
<chorus>

So if I understand this correctly, this entire thread is about one game, at UConn, in 2027, that will likely be backed out of free of charge, because it seems impossible that the ACC will be able to maintain an 8 game conference schedule that long.

I need more free time. Or I don't.
I think the college football playoffs expanding to 8 teams is even more likely by then.

I would be really surprised if neither happens.

1. we have been late to the party OOC for over 10 years

2. Dome might alter where or when you play but you still have to schedule someone. Zero excuse to not have a plan.

Well it's the same scheduler that opined to the press that he wasn't sure if a game vs. FCS Wagner counted towards bowl eligibility, so not really shocked by this.

I think the college football playoffs expanding to 8 teams is even more likely by then.

I would be really surprised if neither happens.

9 game schedule comes down to the SEC. How long will they hold out. Other 3 already do it. If the SEC does it, there's no way the ACC stands alone at 8.

I assume for the SEC, it's all about leveraging the additional content for a more lucrative TV deal. Once that's in place, all the dominoes fall, and there's uniform scheduling across P5.

9 game schedule comes down to the SEC. How long will they hold out. Other 3 already do it. If the SEC does it, there's no way the ACC stands alone at 8.

I assume for the SEC, it's all about leveraging the additional content for a more lucrative TV deal. Once that's in place, all the dominoes fall, and there's uniform scheduling across P5.
Nick Saban was the only SEC HC coach to be in favor of 9 game SEC schedule.
They don’t want 9 games because it replaces a tomato can on their schedules and gives the half of the other SEC teams another L.

9 conference games with 14 team conferences would cycle every team home/home over 6 years rather than 12 years.

I really doubt the SEC will go to 9 games.
Especially if the CFB expands to 8 why give their top teams more potential losses.

I don’t see the playoff expanding or conference schedules expanding to 9. If the ACC expands to 9 then Clemson and Florida State will be pissed they will lose 7 home games the year they play ND on the road.

The way you wrote this post kind of looks like a rap song.

No we didn't.
Its 4 wins

<chorus>
Close game for Fans
Close for recruits
Close for parents
<chorus>

Very modest payment
NYC coverage
Did i mention 4 wins (moves crowd side to side)

<chorus>
Close game for Fans
Close for recruits
Close for parents
<chorus>

Get Scheduled (Or Die Tryin’)

Nick Saban was the only SEC HC coach to be in favor of 9 game SEC schedule.
They don’t want 9 games because it replaces a tomato can on their schedules and gives the half of the other SEC teams another L.

9 conference games with 14 team conferences would cycle every team home/home over 6 years rather than 12 years.

I really doubt the SEC will go to 9 games.
Especially if the CFB expands to 8 why give their top teams more potential losses.

I don’t see the playoff expanding or conference schedules expanding to 9. If the ACC expands to 9 then Clemson and Florida State will be pissed they will lose 7 home games the year they play ND on the road.

I don't think the SEC is afraid of anything. And if more content substantially increases the TV $, then of course they'll do it.

I would guess the big hold up is the inter-state games between the two conferences. I think Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, Florida State, Louisville and Kentucky all view it as their 9th conference game, and it limits scheduling flexibility.

Might as well just do an entire ACC-SEC challenge at the end. The rest can rotate. I'll make my Knoxville travel plans now. Never missing that trip.

I don't think the SEC is afraid of anything. And if more content substantially increases the TV $, then of course they'll do it.

I would guess the big hold up is the inter-state games between the two conferences. I think Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, Florida State, Louisville and Kentucky all view it as their 9th conference game, and it limits scheduling flexibility.

Might as well just do an entire ACC-SEC challenge at the end. The rest can rotate. I'll make my Knoxville travel plans now. Never missing that trip.
They don’t have 9 games because they want to help their teams get to bowl eligibility.

Fans and TV want 9 conference games but the coaches want to keep their jobs and getting to bowls is how they do.

Unless the CFB committee mandates 9 conference games I don’t think it will happen. ESPN or whoever pay the new SEC contract are the only hope. If they don’t contractually require it then it won’t happen.

This is a warning, stay on topic. Was this a bad deal?

No.

Again, they didn't let the perfect get in the way of the good.

If the deal meets a parties goals without creating undue downside risk, it's a good deal. Squeezing maximal value and sticking it to the other party shouldn't be the measure of a good deal. Just because they didn't force UConn into a humiliating deal doesn't mean it's a bad deal.

Criticizing a deal from far on up in the stands based upon assumed parameters and desired outcomes without knowing what the parties actual priorities, flexibility, and constraints are is highly presumptive and arrogant.

I'd be all in that...we play GTech twice every 12 years. Not bad to play in ATL more. Kennesaw St IIRC will be upgrading soon. Offer them a 2 for 1 if GA St won't play ball.
KSU’s stadium is fine for lax. In its current state it’s too small for P-5 or FBS in general.

Need to renegotiate and make this four games at SU and zero games at that hunk of concrete in Hartford.

KSU’s stadium is fine for lax. In its current state it’s too small for P-5 or FBS in general.
Kennesaw is FCS right now. Until they upgrade to FBS it is a moot point. Their stadium is a tad under 10K and would need to expand too. I thought they were further along.

GA St is the only option. They play in the old Atlanta Braves Baseball Stadium next to Downtown. It has been remodeled to offer better football sightlines. They might be agreeable to a 2 for 1

You are one my of favorite posters (even when I don‘t agree) but a 9 game SEC/ACC schedule and an 8 team playoff is a money generator and to bet against choices resulting in more money is to bet against the human (American) condition

GA St is the only option. They play in the old Atlanta Braves Baseball Stadium next to Downtown. It has been remodeled to offer better football sightlines. They might be agreeable to a 2 for 1
Which is what I referred to in a previous post. Getting GSU in a 2-for-1 would be perrrrfect.