UCONN fans are realizing... | Syracusefan.com

UCONN fans are realizing...

Jake

Mod
that stripping Deleone of his play calling title, doesn't necessarily strip him of his play calling duties in Pasqualoni's world.

Its amazing to watch this all play out like it did in Syracuse a decade ago. I mean its utterly the same.

that stripping Deleone of his play calling title, doesn't necessarily strip him of his play calling duties in Pasqualoni's world.

Its amazing to watch this all play out like it did in Syracuse a decade ago. I mean its utterly the same.

Its like re-living the early 2000's all over again.

My UConn friends are just disgusted with how their program has disintegrated since Edsall left. I don't even have the heart to tell them "I told you so" for the 1,000th time since P was hired.

P should have stayed in the pro's where he belongs as a position coach, a great guy but his friendship with George will get him fired again.

But I was assured that firing P was a mistake and our problem was our facilities.

Firing P wasn't a mistake but the way in which it was done was completely classless for a guy who won over a 100 games here.

And it the program because it was done so late in the year we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for candidates.

Last edited:
My UConn friends are just disgusted with how their program has disintegrated since Edsall left. I don't even have the heart to tell them "I told you so" for the 1,000th time since P was hired.
I don't have any UCONN friends. Do they occupy that special place in the friend kingdom of "friend you have on hand so there's always someone much less fortunate than you around to make fun of?" Because maybe I can see that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Firing P wasn't a mistake was but the way in which it was done was completely classless for a guy who won over a 100 games here.

And it the program because it was done so late in the year and we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for candidates.

That may be true...but the first mistake was Jake C. not doing it several years sooner. Gross was in a tough situation...hang onto him for another year(he'd already been hanging around for years too long, with things steadily falling apart) and continue another year of likely treading water at best or going backwards at worst, or fire him but not have the best candidates available to hire.

UConn has to expound on their mistake and when they replace Coach P after the year hire an awful NFL defensive coordinator and go through another 4 years of awful football.

That may be true...but the first mistake was Jake C. not doing it several years sooner. Gross was in a tough situation...hang onto him for another year(he'd already been hanging around for years too long, with things steadily falling apart) and continue another year of likely treading water at best or going backwards at worst, or fire him but not have the best candidates available to hire.
The mistake was Jake not retiring after the ACC fiasco, when he decided along with BC to stay in the Big East, and had BC turn around behind his back and get into the ACC, that should have been us.

UConn just doesn't have the talent they had a few years ago.

The worst is yet to come for UConn. Just wait until their hoops program starts to disintegrate in the AAC. They are about 3 years away from becoming the equivalent to St. Louis.

Things should only get more interesting next week when the Wolverines come in for a prime time tilt.

UConn fans knew this was going to happen, but their arrogance prevented them from saying so

When he gets a year as defensive coordinator, then it's formal déjà vu.

I'm way over that phase of my life though. I do wish the best for Coach P and Deleone. But selfishly, I also wish for the complete disappearance of the UConn football program, so I'll admit they are competing interests right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

A certain defensive coordinator at a Big12 powerhouse may be interested...

UConn just doesn't have the talent they had a few years ago.

True. All the more reason why they needed to replace Edsall with a young, innovative, dynamic coach. A coordinator on the come or a MAC-type head coach looking for a step up.

Instead, they hired the exact opposite.

I don't have any UCONN friends. Do they occupy that special place in the friend kingdom of "friend you have on hand so there's always someone much less fortunate than you around to make fun of?" Because maybe I can see that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I live in CT.

True. All the more reason why they needed to replace Edsall with a young, innovative, dynamic coach. A coordinator on the come or a MAC-type head coach looking for a step up.

Instead, they hired the exact opposite.
I like P but was shocked at his selection - for the reason you indicated. Was hoping P would close out his career in the NFL. He seemed to have a very nice thing going there.

The worst is yet to come for UConn. Just wait until their hoops program starts to disintegrate in the AAC. They are about 3 years away from becoming the equivalent to St. Louis.

You give them far too much credit.

Umass is a better comparison for their bleak future.

I like P but was shocked at his selection - for the reason you indicated. Was hoping P would close out his career in the NFL. He seemed to have a very nice thing going there.

At the time hiring P seemed like the kind of suggestion a sports talk radio caller makes, because the caller doesn't know any other names and P has ties to the state. The equivalent of someone saying we should bring Mac back in 2005.

Of course those kind of suggestions never actually happen, except in this case it did! It made no sense and has been the disaster many of us predicted.

Things should only get more interesting next week when the Wolverines come in for a prime time tilt.

Ouch! Almost makes me feel sorry for the poor bastids. Key word: almost...:rolleyes:

As poorly as the Robinson hire was and how much it hurt SU, UConn has had the perfect storm of bad with Calhoun, Edsal and AD leaving and the Big East falling apart. Talk about horrible timing.