UConn Gameday Thread... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Gameday Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO play calling is holding us back.

After scoring easily through the air we come out with a run-run-pass-punt drive.

Still up 14-0 with a 3rd and short we run the ball with a tiny RB. Then with a 4th and short we punt it.

Up 14-7 instead of hurrying to the line to convert a 2nd and 1 we try to pass it deep and get sacked for an 11 yard loss. Then run a screen instead of throwing it down field.

Instead of going for a 4th and long we try a 49 yard FG

Instead of taking a TO with 20 secs left we run a short pass play which takes 14 seconds off the clock.
Bizarre insistence on force feeding an 11 year old fullback

Off topic but of interest: Iowa is still blanking Rutgers 7-0 in the 4th. I have never pulled for Iowa (Don't recall pulling against them either) but today, I am an Iowa fan.
Must be the pink visitor's locker room!

The problem we are having on offense is the running game. Either get the thing fixed or abandon it completely. If we cant establish a running game against UConn then the running game might be a lost cause.

So better to keep giving up 3rd down conversions I am confused by your statement?
What I mean by that is our O needs to convert on f#$%ing 3rd downs. Don't give a sht what kind of offense is being run, if you can't convert on third, it dont mean a thing.

Dline has played better this game.

LBs are not and Williams has been slow to react at Safety.

Other than that, D has looked solid.
Our Linebackers have been bad for 2 years, teams last year ran for 4.8 yards per carry on our team last year. What's even worse the 1st 3 games, Rhode Island , Wake, CMU, 92 attempts for 140 yards, the rest of the year 367 for 2042, an average of 5.6. Until we get better Linebacker play we will continue to be bad. Zaire has been the captain calling the signals last year, and this, he needs to be better.

Just an fyi. Kicks towards scoreboard at halftime warmups are weak and not making it to goal post. Doesn't feel like much breeze but they are dying in the air ... Especially from 40+

What I mean by that is our O needs to convert on f#$%ing 3rd downs. Don't give a sht what kind of offense is being run, if you can't convert on third, it dont mean a thing.

Right and I made a statement that our defense needs to get off the field on 3rd down also. 3rd and 7 slant to Thomas for a first. 3rd and 7 slant to Thomas for a first. Happening over and over again. Need to make a stop as much as our offense needs to pick up 3rd downs our defense needs to get off the field on 3rd and long also.

Dalvin Cook has 220 yards with 5 left in the 3rd.

I guess I jinxed the guy. He's on the sidelines holding his shoulder. On an unrelated note, boy that Shirreffs/Newsome duo looked good in the first half!

Reminding myself that this o line and these rbs wouldve made for a horrific offense any other year here

Lol at people complaining about time management earlier. We went 55 yards in about 30 seconds. Doesnt get much better than that.

The problem we are having on offense is the running game. Either get the thing fixed or abandon it completely. If we cant establish a running game against UConn then the running game might be a lost cause.
Our passing game is out yarding (yardaging?) the running game like 12 to 1 today.

Take out that Dungey sack and SU has rushed 9 times for 27 yards.

I don't get this debth excuse. You're telling me Connecticut is got more depth

Right and I made a statement that our defense needs to get off the field on 3rd down also. 3rd and 7 slant to Thomas for a first. 3rd and 7 slant to Thomas for a first. Happening over and over again. Need to make a stop as much as our offense needs to pick up 3rd downs our defense needs to get off the field on 3rd and long also.
If we're gonna go with this offense, each possession is important. Gotta score because, as a natural consequence of this offense, the D is going to be on the field more.

So, yeah, squarely on the O to pull its head out of its ass.

The worst feeling is watching something that hurts and there is nothing you can do.

that's our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors