UCONN/MSU | Syracusefan.com

UCONN/MSU

Seeing UConn highlights from Friday night with "New York Groove" played over them was like a punch in the gut.

Not going to get annoyed by it. We had a cakewalk in front of us to the Elite 8 and fell on our face but man, what a gift of a path UCONN was given.

Nova-Joke of a 2 seed
Iowa St- In MSG, missing their best player.
MSU-In MSG

Luck is certainly on their side

3 things you need in the tourney. 1)you need to be good. 2) you ned to be healthy. 3) you need to be lucky

Amazing that Sparty could be leading despite the "bickering!"

Not going to get annoyed by it. We had a cakewalk in front of us to the Elite 8 and fell on our face but man, what a gift of a path UCONN was given.

Nova-Joke of a 2 seed
Iowa St- In MSG, missing their best player.
MSU-In MSG

Luck is certainly on their side

Eh a bit of an overstatement. Nova is still a tough second round opponent and msu is very talented. Theyll have earned it if they win today.

Eh a bit of an overstatement. Nova is still a tough second round opponent and msu is very talented. Theyll have earned it if they win today.
I think we would've beat Nova had we played them instead of Dayton.

They were not good. Beat Kansas early in the year then played no one aside from getting smashed by Syracuse and Creighton.

And you need to have good guard play.

I agree with this. Have always agreed with this. Stated that with Scoop as the point guard that Syracuse wouldn't ever go very far and they didn't. Having Ennis this year was nice, but the 2 spot was not held by anyone who could drive to the bucket and score the ball like Napier. I have said in other threads that recruiting long athletes who do not have the knack to score will not succeed in the NCAA tournament and as we have seen they haven't.

The last time Syracuse won they had quite possibly the best scorer in the NBA on their team. Watching videos of Joseph and Patterson this year they both look like they can slash to the hoop. Hopefully, next years team will have players who can put the ball on the floor and bring it to the hoop.

I think we would've beat Nova had we played them instead of Dayton.

They were not good. Beat Kansas early in the year then played no one aside from getting smashed by Syracuse and Creighton.

Not sure about dayton over nova. Anyways, we cant make this argument. We gave up the east this year. Our draw in the tournament was cake. We had a ton of talent and got very little out of it.

I agree with this. Have always agreed with this. Stated that with Scoop as the point guard that Syracuse wouldn't ever go very far and they didn't. Having Ennis this year was nice, but the 2 spot was not held by anyone who could drive to the bucket and score the ball like Napier. I have said in other threads that recruiting long athletes who do not have the knack to score will not succeed in the NCAA tournament and as we have seen they haven't.

The last time Syracuse won they had quite possibly the best scorer in the NBA on their team. Watching videos of Joseph and Patterson this year they both look like they can slash to the hoop. Hopefully, next years team will have players who can put the ball on the floor and bring it to the hoop.
Shabazz does what Tyler didn't...makes most of his drivign shots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom