UConn Postgame Discussion Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Postgame Discussion Thread

EE3D5290-2690-4EEA-99ED-2241B4E3DE93.jpeg

6-6 in the red zone.

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

We are going to need every man, woman and child to show up and be loud.

Purdue is better than anyone we’ve faced so far this season. A lot better.
Csn someone, pretty please, bring a decibel meter? (The app ones arent very accurate over 100db) I can't make it. With 40k, and a good game, we're in the 120's.

Last edited:
Csn someone, pretty please, bring a decibel meter? (The app ones arent very accurate over 100db) I can't make it. With 40k, and a good game, we're in the 120's.

SU may not want a decibel meter to record the noise levels. After all, it is the "Loud House". Proof of the source of the nickname could establish liability.

Good point.

In the future, if we play UConn, it’s at the Dome. Not a 2-1. Not a 3-1. Not a 10-1.

100% of the time at the Dome. They are Colgate/Wagner.
Don’t understand this at all. It’s a nice stadium that has hosted USMNT soccer games and mens lax final 4s. Plenty of grassy space to tailgate, easy to get in and out of and a nice drive. No different than UNC going to an app state or NCST going to ECU.

Don’t understand this at all. It’s a nice stadium that has hosted USMNT soccer games and mens lax final 4s. Plenty of grassy space to tailgate, easy to get in and out of and a nice drive. No different than UNC going to an app state or NCST going to ECU.
They are a horrible program that competes at a far different level than us.

Anyone that attended the game want to share what percentage of fans were Orange?
Didn’t have a great vantage point to judge but I think close to 50:50. UConn students showed out and probably put them ahead, but they all left early second half. Other than the 2 TDs and a few first half 3rd downs, UConn fans didn’t have much to get loud for

They are a horrible program that competes at a far different level than us.
Horrible program? No. Historically they’ve had success in the big east. They’re a bad team right now due to conference realignment but they have a good coach at the helm and have some talent on the roster including Nate Carter and the 4 star from PSU. It’s was a smart buy game series for SUAD to schedule as it was FBS and winnable, plus proximity allowed for Cuse fans to negate the home field advantage. BC is going there later this year as well… gotta give UConn AD an incentive to accept the series

Rising from my slumber, I am surprised by two things:

First, that my lover did not make use of the Uber coupon I had placed on her nightstand in the wee hours of this morning after our intense and sometimes dangerous post game coitus, but chose instead to remain by my side for perhaps even more celebrating once I have prepared my body with essential oils.

Second, after two games, the play of one Garrett Shrader. He directs the offense with the skill and grace of a champion Flamenco Dancer trying to avenge his past while educating us on the finer points of Moorish musical traditions.

Bravo, Maestro!

LGO

So glad our coach was smart and courageous enough to bring in Shrader and make a starting QB change last year. Major turning point for the program IMO.

We need a gritty QB who can run, and will do anything to win at this school IMO.

Honestly he should have done it sooner. Dino had this weird loyalty to a QB that had zero field awareness and played like crap. Oline was obviously not good but ad a QB that means you also need to get the ball out faster which he did not.

Agreed. But objectively and from the perspective of what we’re likely dealing with: I think the Nooner makes it tough. Seems like we can get a lively 35,000+ for games like this though? Would LOVE to be underselling it, just not sure though.

If we win, I think - legit 46,000 is possible for Virginia though.

When was the last legit sellout? I was at 2019 Clemson. That was insanely loud at times.

Anyone that attended the game want to share what percentage of fans were Orange?

100%. The rest were people using the RV park and walking from the RV park the to bathroom/shower facilities.

That was about the best possible outcome last night. We destroyed an inferior opponent. Our starters emerged healthy with the opportunity to rest for essentially the entire fourth quarter. On top of that, CDRW got some run and, from my untrained eye, passed the “look” test (if your backup was pressed into service could you continue to be productive/score points). And my impression is that we really didn’t open up the playbook last night- kept it vanilla since everything was working.

As others have said, Purdue is a huge swing game for the season- win, and 5-0 is within our grasp with a marquee match up against NC State at home.

Hard to not get excited. LGO!

Is it just me or did the woman calling this game sound completely bland and flat?

I’m all for giving women more opportunities in the booth but seesh she sounded passionless. It’s a football game, god forbid you get excited.

Purdue? More like Purdon’t am I right folks?

Help me out here. Last year we had a QB named Shrader who couldn't hit a wide open receiver if his life depended on it. Now we have a QB named Shrader who looks like an All-American both running and passing. Where did this new guy come from?

Well, as a few of said………

Shrader played a majaority of last season injured.

He suffered from hard dead arm because he hadn’t thrown as much as qb normally throws for over a year and half when he was forced transitioned to WR

A couple of us had been saying that we were seeing and hearing things from camp that he was a full package.

He hasn’t disappointed those of us that were saying that.

Cant wait to see where Shrader takes us this season!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom