Uconn to the B12 looking likely | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn to the B12 looking likely

One of those things is not like the other.

Of those three, UConn has the least FB value. So you are correct.

If BBall was worth it, Kansas would be in the B16, SEC, or P10 by now.

For one big reason. ESPN has shown that they will not add any significant revenue into the ACC during " look ins". Basically, the ACC is stuck where they're at while the Big 12 has a more open contract. Also PITT probably doesn't have a lot of faith in the old guard to treat them fairly from now until the conference dissolves.

If you think Pitt would jump to the current version of the B12 over the ACC you don’t understand how any of this works. Nothing about that conference is more valuable than the ACC. From football brands to east coast markets to academic pedigree and basketball, the ACC is superior in absolutely every way that matters to Presidents and ADs.

What am I missing? The ACC makes more revenue than the B12, so why would a team jump the ACC to join the big 12?

When looking at the per school revenue, the Big 12 actually makes slightly more than the ACC. Per the article: “The Big 12, however, was third in revenue distributed per member institution at an estimated $42-49.9 million, followed by the ACC at $37.9-41.3 million.”

But that won’t be the case with the new Big12 contract and no Texas and Oklahoma. The projected per school revenue in the coming years is expected to put the ACC ahead of the Big 12. The ACC will be at $50-60 million per school by 2028.

If you think Pitt would jump to the current version of the B12 over the ACC you don’t understand how any of this works. Nothing about that conference is more valuable than the ACC. From football brands to east coast markets to academic pedigree and basketball, the ACC is superior in absolutely every way that matters to Presidents and ADs.
I agree with a lot of what your saying. The thing is from here on out teams in the ACC are going to be trying to position themselves for the eventuality of the league breaking up. And, the teams that control the levers of power are going to help their friends even more than they have in the past.

I did too!
The SEC and Big 10 might want to pay attention to the pending golf league merger.
Congress is already hinting at eliminating tax exemption, and wanting regulators to examine whether a monopoly is created.
That could be in their future also, the majority of the state's wouldn't have teams in a super conference.

This should be a lesson for the ACC. You have to be proactive in expansion. We have to remain in the third position ahead of the Big 12 and PAC 12.
100%. Unfortunately outside of trying to pry WVU and Cincy from the Big 12 I don't know what the play is now. Unless it's some sorta Bi Coastal thing with the scraps of the Pac 12.

I've been saying this for months. It seems no one in either conference cares.

Wouldnt be that untenable. 2 divisions. East and west. Each team plays two interdivisional games a year. That's ONE trip.

Assuming Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Colorado are gone from the PAC, as well as the "Mag 7". If Oregon stays, even better.

Now. Does this bunch lack a legit sure thing top 10 caliber team each year? I guess. But Utah, Cinci and Pitt have all had top 10 or close seasons of late, and there are a handful of additional programs that have been top 15 caliber if you go back a little farther. It's clearly a couple steps behind the big 2 conferences, but its still clearly a power conference with lots if big traditional schools and given the expanded playoff, I imagine will still have access.

East
Syracuse
Duke
BC
Georgia Tech
Cincinnati
Wake
Louisville
Pitt

West
Arizona
Arizona State
Washington
Oregon State
Stanford
Cal
Utah
Wash State

Play your division every year and 2 crossovers, 1 long flight per team per year. Still room for 3 non cons.

Alas, no one cares.
I wish we could add one more school (or take one away) in each division so you play an even number of home and away games.

Except Big 12 is a much better football conference.

Now I'm hearing Colorado who prime has been talking to the big12 for months so them & Arizona.
So that looks Like a nationwide conference so you might as well. Put divisions and put uconn in there With Syracuse University going in after I mean right after because you can't have a Northeast Conference without Syracuse and Syracuse is a huge rival with uconn and West Virginia and God knows who else is gonna go in there.

Lol. After Texas and Oklahoma leave, who are the powers or brand names in the Big 12?
Those are. There is no doubt about that but they still have some pretty good programs. Oklahoma state Texas Tech I mean these are huge schools with tons of money.. TCU. I mean so many texts in school. Kinda like Acc with the whole North Carolina thing.

Lol. After Texas and Oklahoma leave, who are the powers or brand names in the Big 12?

Just BYU. They are the only FB asset in the B12. No one else will even sniff a B16 or SEC invite because of FB. Kansas has an outside shot because of BBall and KC. All the other schools would only be considered as a filler/+1s.

The P10 really made a mistake not going hard after the B12 schools. They should have offered Texas Tech, Okie State, Kansas to go along with Houston.

They have none after those 2 leave. Even if they add some of the PAC12 remnants, outside of adding Oregon which they won’t, they still won’t have any.

Just BYU. They are the only FB asset in the B12. No one else will even sniff a B16 or SEC invite because of FB. Kansas has an outside shot because of BBall and KC. All the other schools would only be considered as a filler/+1s.

The P10 really made a mistake not going hard after the B12 schools. They should have offered Texas Tech, Okie State, Kansas to go along with Houston.
The idiotic thing for the PAC12 is that the PAC12 legitimately wanted a foothold into the Midwest. Colorado was their borderline start of it. They had a golden opportunity to do that but were too short sighted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom