Uconn vs Harvard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn vs Harvard

me too. They have at least 2 future NBA players on that squad

Watched the game ... lots of very crisp passing from Harvard... actually too much passing. They could not penetrate. Everytime they did it seemed they were shut down. UConn looks good under the basket ... they collapsed on harvard very well.

Question ... Question> I know that in the past the Ivy League schools did not provide or offer schollies for athletics. Is it still true today? Actually I thought it was mentioned last night. If that is the case than Amaker's recruiting and team is absolutely amazing. If no schollie I am sure they get financial aid ... but not the same thing.

Uconn appears to be in the process of seeing how all the pieces best fit together. There can be no mistake about the fact that they are going to be serious contenders. The addition of Boatwright is going to make a huge difference. With the talent they have and Calhouns coaching this team is going to be scary come March. Harvard is no SU but I can see Uconn giving Cuse all they can handle and then some.
i agree with this. the only thing that makes me unsure about them is that some of their best players seem to be redundant. like drummond and oriakhi are both block shot-rebound-dunker types and both need to play center from what i can tell. napier and boatright are both ball-dominant smallish type guards. i think they have players with better upside, but i think we have more good players, if that makes sense.

Question ... Question> I know that in the past the Ivy League schools did not provide or offer schollies for athletics. Is it still true today? Actually I thought it was mentioned last night. If that is the case than Amaker's recruiting and team is absolutely amazing. If no schollie I am sure they get financial aid ... but not the same thing.

Correct that they can't get athletic scholarships, but Amaker ruffled some feathers among the Ivies with some alleged relaxation of academic standards and funny business with financial aid for players.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/02/sports/ncaabasketball/02harvard.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/28/sports/ncaabasketball/28harvard.html

Every student at Harvard gets the aid they need, so I'm not sure how athletes would be an exception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom