"Ughhh Rutgers" | Syracusefan.com

"Ughhh Rutgers"

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
I was just in a meeting with the Director of Sponsored Programs here at the University about my upcoming conference next week. This is a woman who could do big things for me in my career, and for some reason she has really taken a liking to me.

After the meeting we were making small talk, and she mentioned that her daughter went to school on the East Coast. I made the mistake of asking where... Rutgers.

I go, Ughhhh Rutgers? and put my head in my hands. I came up with a smile, and this woman looked extremely shocked. I said "I'm just kidding, Rutgers is a fine school" and she smiled, and we went right back into small talk... I was half a second from pulling out the "Can she even read?" card...

Along the same lines, I found myself at the table of the girls Saturday night after the Duke game. All med students. 2 were trying everything they could to set me up with their friend, and it was going great... until she told me she went to Nova... She definitely got the "Can you even read" comment. They left soon after.

I'm pretty much an idiot.

Anyone else make a mistake like this? Just have something slip right out?

I knowwwwww, she told me... I actually felt bad, but I was hammered. I did apologize, I think... And offered to buy a round, but they were dead set on heading home
jackson.jpg

Folks from Nova have money too homey! That could've been your meal ticket back to the East Coast!!

CuseTroop said:
I knowwwwww, she told me... I actually felt bad, but I was hammered. I did apologize, I think... And offered to buy a round, but they were dead set on heading home
aren't u married bro? Not that be a deal breaker

Just walked out my office and the guy vacuuming the hall was rocking a Rutgers hoodie. 100% not making that up
I would have grabbed and poured a coffee on the carpet right in front of him.

Then again, thinking about it... Rutgers gear and doing the vacuuming.. he's already feeling the pain.

Being a little lubed usually doesn't hurt, but hammered can be a disaster.

Hammered one night and my girlfriend of 7 years (she was great, a 9.5-10 on the sexist male scale) shows up at a bar where I was hanging with some buds. I know I wasn't in a good mood that night...apparently she caught the brunt of my surliness. I honestly don't remember what I said, but it must have been very bad.

Never saw her again after that. There's drunk and there's stupid drunk.

Being a little lubed usually doesn't hurt, but hammered can be a disaster.

Hammered one night and my girlfriend of 7 years (she was great, a 9.5-10 on the s e xist male scale) shows up at a bar where I was hanging with some buds. I know I wasn't in a good mood that night...apparently she caught the brunt of my surliness. I honestly don't remember what I said, but it must have been very bad.

Never saw her again after that. There's drunk and there's stupid drunk.

This had to have been about 11pm saturday night. I got to Chucks at noon... I tried to stay sober... kinda.. well.. not at all

This had to have been about 11pm saturday night. I got to Chucks at noon... I tried to stay sober... kinda.. well.. not at all

An early start can be lethal. I started unusually early on that particular night. Unfortunate. This was a couple/few decades ago when I was at SU.

I'd usually hit the bars around 9-9:30..that night I got there around 7. I didn't expect her to show up. She had a teaching job a few hours away. It was an unexpected surprise.

By the time she showed up I was well on my way. Sometimes it isn't as treacherous if both parties are somewhat equally bombed.

I never thought I was a particularly obnoxious drunk, but when you get to the point where the next day you really can't remember what happened the night before...who knows?

[QUOTE"Orangepace, post: 1312778, member: 322"]I would have grabbed and poured a coffee on the carpet right in front of him.

Then again, thinking about it... Rutgers gear and doing the vacuuming.. he's already feeling the pain.[/QUOTE]

Nah, It wasn't a Georgetown hoodie or anything repulsive like that.

I was just in a meeting with the Director of Sponsored Programs here at the University about my upcoming conference next week. This is a woman who could do big things for me in my career, and for some reason she has really taken a liking to me.

After the meeting we were making small talk, and she mentioned that her daughter went to school on the East Coast. I made the mistake of asking where... Rutgers.

I go, Ughhhh Rutgers? and put my head in my hands. I came up with a smile, and this woman looked extremely shocked. I said "I'm just kidding, Rutgers is a fine school" and she smiled, and we went right back into small talk... I was half a second from pulling out the "Can she even read?" card...

Along the same lines, I found myself at the table of the girls Saturday night after the Duke game. All med students. 2 were trying everything they could to set me up with their friend, and it was going great... until she told me she went to Nova... She definitely got the "Can you even read" comment. They left soon after.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-immolation couchburn

Actually, you are totally an idiot.;)

The correct answer when someone says they went to Villanova si to respond, "damn, I was hoping you'd be fun." Then get up and walk out.

Every time I meet a Penn State alum, there's always that awkward moment. They know it too. And at this point, they've come to expect it.

I don't blame them for promoting THON like they do. It's a good thing. And it's probably hard to always get a lump in your throat when telling people what school you went to when you had no idea what was going on at the school you went to.

I have done the same thing probably 20 times throughout my life...and i will never stop doing it.

I date a Nova grad. It's a damn good school.
Is anyone debating that? I always talk crap about rival schools even when i know it's not warranted. I even make up fake stats to back up my allegiance for Syracuse haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom