UNC/Duke game might not be happening tonight | Syracusefan.com

UNC/Duke game might not be happening tonight

itsbotime

2nd String
Duke ain't in Chapel Hill yet, and the RDU area right now is looking like Atlanta did the other week.

And yes, I'm aware this is a Syracuse board. Just thought I'd let you all know in case anyone had planned on watching the game after the Syracuse game tonight.

Duke really should have left earlier. This thing has been forecasted for a week.

Reactions: cto
BgS4QKUCQAABVxu.jpg:large

1. Andrew Carter @_andrewcarter
  2. ... as in Duke, the officials and game operations staff."
  3. Retweeted by Jim Young
  1. 34m
    Andrew Carter @_andrewcarter
    Statement from #UNC spokesman Steve Kirschner: "We are monitoring conditions and the capability of people getting to the Smith Center ...
    Retweeted by Jim Young

Ha ha--this is hilarious!
It's no joke here in Charlotte- these folks are dangerously clueless. It's sleeting right now, slippery as hell, & some of them are driving like its 85 & sunny.
Entire highways are clogged because folks don't know how to navigate safely in snow & ice.
We're sitting at home laughing at all the rubes losing it because some genius went too fast on a hway, spun out, & ended up stranding hundreds.
Unreal.:rolling:

It's no joke here in Charlotte- these folks are dangerously clueless. It's sleeting right now, slippery as hell, & some of them are driving like its 85 & sunny.
Entire highways are clogged because folks don't know how to navigate safely in snow & ice.
We're sitting at home laughing at all the rubes losing it because some genius went too fast on a hway, spun out, & ended up stranding hundreds.

Yeah, to be clear--I wasn't suggesting that the weather conditions aren't serious down there [and I empathize], just that is strike me as funny as hell that one team wouldn't be able to travel to the game when the campuses are only 8 miles apart.

Last edited:

To be fair, a lot of people are trapped because the roads are terrible, not because they are driving like idiots. Was driving home from work this morning in it and the roads were treacherous...everywhere there was a hill people were getting stuck because they had no traction to get up. If I didn't have 4WD I wouldn't have made it back. These roads are terrible down here. Started as snow and has progressed to ice.

Yeah, to be clear--I wasn't suggesting that the weather conditions aren't serious down there [and I empathize], just that they wouldn't be able to travel to the game, when the campuses are only 8 miles apart.
Maybe the referees cant make it in.

Latest info is that everyone is at the Dean Dome but Duke. At last check Duke was still planning on leaving at 6pm.

To be fair, a lot of people are trapped because the roads are terrible, not because they are driving like idiots. Was driving home from work this morning in it and the roads were treacherous...everywhere there was a hill people were getting stuck because they had no traction to get up. If I didn't have 4WD I wouldn't have made it back. These roads are terrible down here. Started as snow and has progressed to ice.
Yup. Now that the ice is here, and with hilly terrain in Charlotte, it's only getting worse.

Duke really should have left earlier. This thing has been forecasted for a week.

HOW does this happen? I understand that the south may not have the resources to clear the roads like a Syracuse, but how is it the afternoon of the game and Duke didn't leave early or the conference and school officials not already move this game?

HOW does this happen? I understand that the south may not have the resources to clear the roads like a Syracuse, but how is it the afternoon of the game and Duke didn't leave early or the conference and school officials not already move this game?
UNC waiting to call it until Duke gets on the bus. #Rivalry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom