UNC/Duke game might not be happening tonight | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UNC/Duke game might not be happening tonight

ESPN should move SU/Pitt to 8 then, make it primetime.

I always thought of them as soft pasties, but this is another level

8 miles...

images

I thought Duke was supposed to be filled with brilliant people. Nobody figured out that they should have left this morning or afternoon. :crazy:

Notice the present tense in this statement from 5:51 PM. Brilliant...
"Duke's bus is not able to get to their campus to pick up the team in time to be able to make the trip to Chapel Hill so we can't play this evening," UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham said in a statement.

In North Carolina, we call it...

the-day-after-tomorrow.jpg

I think I may pitch a "30 for 30" to ESPN about this debacle, and the failed leadership that allowed a team 8 miles away to miss one of the biggest games of the year. They knew it was coming, and did nothing..."The Day Before Yesterday", a tale of corruption, arrogance, and the mismanagement of a simple bus trip that could jeopardize college basketball as we know it.

UNC traveled to Atlanta during their epic storm and played against Georgia Tech. Duke couldn't travel 8 miles to Chapel Hill to play against their biggest rival. Does...not...compute...

God has spoken: Syracuse is the new headliner in the ACC

schedule makers, take note so the region does not have to be so inconvenienced again.

God has spoken: Syracuse is the new headliner in the ACC

schedule makers, take note so the region does not have to be so inconvenienced again.
Amen!

BgS4QKUCQAABVxu.jpg:large

1. Andrew Carter @_andrewcarter
  2. ... as in Duke, the officials and game operations staff."
  3. Retweeted by Jim Young
  1. 34m
    Andrew Carter @_andrewcarter
    Statement from #UNC spokesman Steve Kirschner: "We are monitoring conditions and the capability of people getting to the Smith Center ...
    Retweeted by Jim Young
i wouldn't even pull out the snow brush for that dusting. glove it and go!

If you are an administrator at any of those schools in that area, you start strategizing alternate transportation scenarios two weeks ago when you see the chaos that ensued in Atlanta. Not just so the "big game" can go on, but because you value the safety of your students.

I think I may pitch a "30 for 30" to ESPN about this debacle, and the failed leadership that allowed a team 8 miles away to miss one of the biggest games of the year. They knew it was coming, and did nothing..."The Day Before Yesterday", a tale of corruption, arrogance, and the mismanagement of a simple bus trip that could jeopardize college basketball as we know it.
I thought the NCAA required the team to be there the day before. Duke should have stayed in Chapel Hill last night. I think it should have been a forfeit. Especially if the refs made it.:cool:

i wouldn't even pull out the snow brush for that dusting. glove it and go!
The front and rear defrosters should clear enough of an opening after a few minutes of driving. No need to scrape.

I thought the NCAA required the team to be there the day before. Duke should have stayed in Chapel Hill last night. I think it should have been a forfeit. Especially if the refs made it.:cool:

Something so sweet exists in only dreams and fairy tales my friend.

Someone should send a memo to Corey Alexander that the Triangle Region just became a recruiting haven for that University he referred to residing in the "Frozen Tundra." :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom