UNC has some regrouping to do | Syracusefan.com

UNC has some regrouping to do

pearl31

in cahoots
Lose by double digits to a b1g team ranked in the teens that lost to Fort Wayne last week.
unc couldn't even reach 70 against a team that can barely play defense.
must be something seriously wrong with them

doesn't matter I'm talking about tonight. inexcusable

I drool watching them rebound and play offense. Blackmon Jr, Bryant, Newkirk, Anunoby are better than anyone on Syracuse. They nearly beat UNC in the Tourney last year. Revenge.

I drool watching them rebound and play offense. Blackmon Jr, Bryant, Newkirk, Anunoby are better than anyone on Syracuse.
yeah ok... if you think that about Newkirk (and really, Blackmon for that matter) then I guess that explains alot

yeah ok... if you think that about Newkirk (and really, Blackmon for that matter) then I guess that explains alot

You think we have guards better than those guys?! Who on earth would believe that? Syracuse fans?

Newkirk? are you sh__ing me?

No. Gillon and Howard are not better. They would be shitting their pants vs UNC. Newkirk is running the team. Maybe by the end of the season they will be. Newkirk gave Berry tons of problems today.

Indiana is a team I'd love to see in our bracket come March.

No. Gillon and Howard are not better. They would be shitting their pants vs UNC. Newkirk is running the team. Maybe by the end of the season they will be. Newkirk gave Berry tons of problems today.
You're wrong. And I'd def take Frankie over Blackmon as well.

Faith without evidence?
eh a little, I've never been very high on Blackmon - really good shooter but a bit of a chucker and seems to be very me-first... Newkirk just isn't very good

I drool watching them rebound and play offense. Blackmon Jr, Bryant, Newkirk, Anunoby are better than anyone on Syracuse. They nearly beat UNC in the Tourney last year. Revenge.
So you're super salty about how Syracuse has been playing, and want to ride with IU... who lost to Ft. Wayne last week? Did you even know Ft. Wayne had a college basketball team? If Syracuse had a loss like that, what would you say?

Blackmon's good. I'd take him.

Newkirk is not an improvement over any of our starting guards. He's shooting well behind the arc early in the season, but isn't a knockdown shooter. Short. Poor assist/turnover ratio. Terrible FT shooter. Just a lot of meh.

So you're super salty about how Syracuse has been playing, and want to ride with IU... who lost to Ft. Wayne last week? Did you even know Ft. Wayne had a college basketball team? If Syracuse had a loss like that, what would you say?

Well aware. They are part of the same league as IUPUI (where George Hill played), Oral Roberts, Denver, etc. Part of IU-PU system. So IU slipped up once. So what? They rebounded with a big win. I'm just jealous a bit of their offense. You realize they gave UNC everything they could handle last year in the tourney?

Last edited:
Well aware. They are part of the same league as IUPUI (where George Hill played), Denver, etc. Part of IU-PU system and not 'Fort Wayne College.' So IU slipped up once. So what? They rebounded with a big win. I'm just jealous a bit of their offense. You realize they gave UNC everything they could handle last year in the tourney?
So? We beat Virginia in the tourney.

Blackmon's good. I'd take him.

Newkirk is not an improvement over any of our starting guards. He's shooting well behind the arc early in the season, but isn't a knockdown shooter. Short. Poor assist/turnover ratio. Terrible FT shooter. Just a lot of meh.

Look. I'm not saying Newkirk is special or anything. He is running the team effectively and our PGs aren't. That is the difference. This isn't rocket science. He doesn't look shell-shocked. Last time I checked Gillon is short too. I'm not 'ripping' our players but it's just fact right now that Newkirk is a better player. Doesn't mean he has more upside.

Lose by double digits to a b1g team ranked in the teens that lost to Fort Wayne last week.
And your point is what? Wake me when we punk a ranked team, otherwise this analogy is stupid.

Look. I'm not saying Newkirk is special or anything. He is running the team effectively and our PGs aren't. That is the difference. This isn't rocket science. He doesn't look shell-shocked. Last time I checked Gillon is short too. I'm not 'ripping' our players but it's just fact right now that Newkirk is a better player. Doesn't mean he has more upside.

It doesn't look like he's doing much running of the team, though. If you're a good floor general, it shows up in the stats somewhere, but there's nothing in the numbers that indicates he's average or better at PG. Maybe he's racking up a bunch of hockey assists, idk. He's as turnover prone as Gillon and Howard, doesn't pass any better than either, and is a poor finisher inside the arc/at the rim. Indiana has beaten two very good teams, but it doesn't look like Newkirk has anything to do with that; it's his teammates carrying the load. At best, he's benefiting from having talent around him, which still isn't showing up in his stats.

I didn't watch the game. Did Roy get outcoached and fail to make any second half adjustments? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom