UNC, Notre Dame, Mich St, NC State, ECU Online | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC, Notre Dame, Mich St, NC State, ECU Online

I have a tough time believing that:
  1. Shutting down temporarily doesn't mean permanently. How will the situation improve?
  2. That schools will try this again in the spring.
With that said, I still cannot believe that schools are bringing so many students back in the midst of a pandemic.

Spring football isn't happening for several reasons that have nothing to do with covid. That was just a BS attempt by B1G to take the heat off of their decision to terminate football in the Fall.

Bringing students back, and expecting anything different is beyond naive. Its reckless.

Money over safety. Every school is admitting that.

Money over safety. Every school is admitting that.
Indeed.

We have a percentage of the population that refuses to abide by protocol. How on earth does one think that 18 year olds will magically abide, because they had meetings and a press release? Makes zero sense, other than $$.

I DO think a football team has a chance. Thats impossible with students on campus.

Look at the new COVID numbers in your area. My money is on 70% of the discovered cases in being in people under 40, most for folks in their 20s

Three of our opponents. I suspect Pitt never brings in students... Currently waiting til the 14th, Clemson until the 21st. Our 1st game will have 5 season opponents yet to allow students for safety reasons.

I'll guess GT (based population percentage) is the next big cluster. (but they don't shut down)

NCAA statement. May
“All of the Division I commissioners and every president that I’ve talked to is in clear agreement: If you don’t have students on campus, you don’t have student-athletes on campus,” Emmert said. “That doesn’t mean it has to be up and running in the full normal model, but you’ve got to treat the health and well-being of the athletes at least as much as the regular students. So if a school doesn’t reopen, then they’re not going to be playing sports. It’s really that simple.”

Last edited:
Lots of bait-and-switch going on. Just get the kids (and their cash) to campus, then figure out the rest of the semester.

It just happened to my nephew. He was told his college would be using a hybrid model. Lasted less than a week. I asked him if he would have chosen his school if he knew it was going to be all virtual. He said no.
There oughtta be a law. . .

Lots of bait-and-switch going on. Just get the kids (and their cash) to campus, then figure out the rest of the semester.

It just happened to my nephew. He was told his college would be using a hybrid model. Lasted less than a week. I asked him if he would have chosen his school if he knew it was going to be all virtual. He said no.
There oughtta be a law. . .
This is probably going to happen almost everywhere. After this, maybe there will be a law...

I'll guess GT (based population percentage) is the next big cluster. (but they don't shut down)

Opened Monday. This is Saturday. I'll guess 150-200 by next weekend. (in addition to the 251 reported on arrival)

Last edited:
remove the athletics from the equation.. many schools are trying to stay open and have no sports going on at all.. What do you want them to do? if the kids are not on campus they go out of business.. just like so many other business's during these times. the new saliva testing will help schools in areas that can keep the levels low enough that better testing matters.

if you do the saliva daily for athletics the chances of someone getting someone else sick is pretty low since you test positive usually well before you start spreading.. Thats if the tests are accurate and several of these saliva tests right now look pretty good in that regard.

Opened Monday. This is Saturday. I'll guess 150-200 by next weekend. (in addition to the 251 reported on arrival)

100 cases at GT for the weekend. Response will be interesting.

Screenshot_20200824-100138_Twitter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom