UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

The offense starts off slow on the road 4 out of 6 years.

I love our new defense coach, but a little over 2 years ago the secondary couldn't get between the receiver and the ball. They put up 24 points today before we even tried to. Our Defense was 5 years behind the first down marker on about 5 first and longs in the first half. UNC converted on everyone. Might have been the difference of 13-17, versus 27 at halftime.

Shrader out there throwing ducks all day and unable to run loose when spied. Pretty awful performance from him and the receivers, just compounding bad with more bad.

I don’t know why we would ever have any problem filling in gaps in the schedule.

Who the hell wouldn't want to put this team on their schedule?

We are the belle of the ball.

I thought this might be a 9 win time with losses to Clemson, UNC and FSU, but now I doubt this. I don’t think there is a “gimme” game left.. GT, BC maybe? Doubt it..

We have so many more resources than when we hired Dino. We’re spending money on a staff finally, upgrades all around campus from an athletic standpoint, NIL upgrades. Am I crazy for thinking we can undoubtedly get a better head coach than Dino Babers? We know what Dino Babers is and it’s a below average head coach at this level. He’s had all the time in the world with 1 really good season to show for it. I’m ready to move off him 100%.

3-2 the last 5 games is the best I see them doing

Who are the two losses to? Just curious

- this game was cursed from the beginning. I ask for a game with less than 10 wt f moments and already we get one with the game not even being televised anywhere the first 8 minutes.

- the call was a first down, how tfffff, he even fumbled it backwards. Can you get a more Syracuse football play then blocking a punt and having it turn out to be a first down for the opposing team. Still think they aren’t biased against Syracuse?

- The call was bad, it made zero difference in the game. Don’t give me it would change the game stuff. No chance cuse was being competitive today.

- Coaching has got worse progressively throughout the season from all sides of the ball. Losing to UNC isn’t a problem, they are actually a good team (btw Clemson still is not) with a great qb, but cuse should not have been blown out.

- Way too many people assuming once we play easier teams they are going to be fine. This is starting to scream 6-6 in a very down acc conference.

- Clear interception for cuse… nope nvm deflected and taken like 10000 yards to the house... another Syracuse football play.

- Penalties and I don’t need the coach to freakout but at least some sort of talk or something with the player. Every time coach has no reaction.

- They gave up. That’s unacceptable and not the first time we have seen that from this coach.

- Some of the worst DBs in the Babers era which is saying something.

- Gadsden is the difference between good year and average year.

- Greenwood & Darton, two players who try very hard, not remotely ACC talent.

Last edited:
Beck and Long were bad today. Shraders limitations might hurt Beck but Beck is not showing much right now. No ingenuity, very bland. Almost as if all the early series are scripted. Nothing to help Allen get going. No swing passes, no boots, no moving the pocket. His new play today was throwing sideways to his TE.

Shrader and Alford again a no show. Alford dropping his first pass today just brutal. Another easy drop. Hatcher, showed up, Brown and Gill maybe leaped frogged Alford as they should.

You benched Wilson for one bad game, at what point do you bench Greenwood and Alford?

Last edited:
Hard to see us beating va tech on the road, they have slowly improved each game. Definitely a tougher team than us.

- this game was cursed from the beginning. I ask for a game with less than 10 wt f moments and already we get one with the game not even being televised anywhere the first 8 minutes.

- the call was a first down, how tfffff, he even fumbled it backwards. Can you get a more Syracuse football play then blocking a punt and having it turn out to be a first down for the opposing team. Still think they aren’t biased against Syracuse?

- The call was bad, it made zero difference in the game. Don’t give me it would change the game stuff. No chance cuse was being competitive today.

- Coaching has got worse progressively throughout the season from all sides of the ball. Losing to UNC isn’t a problem, they are actually a good team with a great qb, but cuse should not have been blown out.

- Way too many people assuming once we play easier teams (People on here still think Clemson are world beaters?) they are going to be fine. This is starting to scream 6-6 in a very down acc conference.

- Clear interception for cuse… nope nvm deflected and taken like 10000 yards to the house... another Syracuse football play.

- Penalties and I don’t need the coach to freakout but at least some sort of talk or something with the player. Every time coach has no reaction.

- They gave up. That’s unacceptable and not the first time we have seen that from this coach.
You’re gonna say Pitt, BC and VT are comparable to Clemson with a straight face? Could Syracuse lose? Of course, but those guys are bad.

I have dreaded the formation of the 2or 3 Super conferences. (with us left out). But every year it becomes more apparent that we can’t compete. Today against a good but probably not great UNC team we proved it. ( UNC will roll along like always until they play a top 10 type team and then they will get pummeled like every other year.) I will now be embrace becoming a 2nd division program , because quite frankly , what have you seen in 10 years that would show otherwise. We’re not good enough , We made UNC look like Georgia on steroids. So fing embarrassing. Plus , that i outrageously obvious cheat by the ACC on the fake punt also made it clear that we would always be cheated by the ACC. Never have I seen such obvious reversal not t made !!!!!

You’re gonna say Pitt, BC and VT are comparable to Clemson with a straight face? Could Syracuse lose? Of course, but those guys are bad.
Not what I said, edited to be clear.

clemson is average but I’ve already talked about this.

Officiating aside, this is the 2nd consecutive game where as a team we look unprepared. Dino noted after Clemson that our best players didn’t play well. The whole team stunk up the joint today. That’s a reflection of the coach; it’s his job to get them prepared. Losing on the road at UNC…okay. Getting completely a$$ whupped…not okay. Seen this story before…beat up on the easy teams and lose to your conference mates…year after year. Change is needed.
Maybe it’s time for one of those famous Ohana kumbaya meetings.

Not what I said, edited to be clear.

clemson is average but I’ve already talked about this.
And FSU won by 3 against BC, we going to claim that Syracuse should boat race them? Good teams win, simple as that.

We have so many more resources than when we hired Dino. We’re spending money on a staff finally, upgrades all around campus from an athletic standpoint, NIL upgrades. Am I crazy for thinking we can undoubtedly get a better head coach than Dino Babers? We know what Dino Babers is and it’s a below average head coach at this level. He’s had all the time in the world with 1 really good season to show for it. I’m ready to move off him 100%.
every other P5 program is doing the same
The way VT and WF looked today, gonna be a struggle to get to 6 wins for SU.
That’s funny. They should win 7.not 9. 7

- Coaching has got worse progressively throughout the season from all sides of the ball. Losing to UNC isn’t a problem, they are actually a good team (btw Clemson still is not) with a great qb, but cuse should not have been blown out.

- Way too many people assuming once we play easier teams they are going to be fine. This is starting to scream 6-6 in a very down acc conference.

Over the long haul the punt call doesn’t change us losing the game but it may have changed the early meltdown and maybe prevented the wheels from falling off. We’re getting the ball on our side of the field. Maybe it ends up 3-3 or 7-3 or 0-3 but instead we’re down 10-0 and our D just spent a lot of time on the field. Our guys seemed to mail it in after that. It was the only time UNC punted today to.

Can someone please explain to me how you punt 4th and 6 from the other team’s side of the field down 23 with 20 minutes left to play?

I am not surprised but this type of stuff CANNOT happen at this level. Would not have mattered, but we went from having 5% chance to 2% chance with that decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom