UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

Unless we get someone who can recruit 5 star players and transfers, we'll end up right back where we started from.

Would you let Beck have a shot, or is he disqualified now?
This really isn't much different than the end years of P. I was in the p must go camp, the p lovers used to fire back at me with the 'who the heck you think wants to come here and coach?' We are here again. I love dino, and his record and embarrassments are what they say they are. But you are exactly right. Then who, rinse, wash, repeat. Smh

The team I saw today could lose all f them, they probably won’t, but they could , I’m telling you UNC isn’t that good. We were that bad !!!
I believe they are ranked #14. Someone must think they’re pretty good. They are head and shoulders better than anyone else we played this year.

This really isn't much different than the end years of P. I was in the p must go camp, the p lovers used to fire back at me with the 'who the heck you think wants to come here and coach?' We are here again. I love dino, and his record and embarrassments are what they say they are. But you are exactly right. Then who, rinse, wash, repeat. Smh
P had 14 years with 4 conference championships, 3 Major Bowl games and almost 14 years without a losing season. Horrible comparison.

This is up there with VT 1999, GT 2013, and Pitt 2022 as one of the hardest games to ever watch.
I was at 2 of those 3 games, 99 blowkies and gt in 13. The 99 vt was worst su game Id ever been to. From my tv today, I said to my kids this reminded me of that one. Oh my head

Dino is a below average coach and can’t recruit well enough to ever compete with the top dogs in the ACC. Heck, they can barely compete with most teams in conference (18-41) This program will never be in the mix for an ACC title with him running the show.

They need to hire a big time coach who can recruit. I mean there has to be somebody out there that can bring more talent and at least have a shot at ACC title every few years? No?

Yeah the comments of “I love Dino” but why does anyone love him? Bc he seems to be a nice guy? I would rather have a Lane Kiffin type of guy that knows how to WIN. Give me anyone else. It’s amazing how many chances this guy has gotten. He’s not the answer to anything

P had 14 years with 4 conference championships, 3 Major Bowl games and almost 14 years without a losing season. Horrible comparison.
No argument about the success p had in his earlier years at all. None. I was referring to his final seasons when change was likely coming but people were like 'then who' so therefore we cant dare to make a possible change

Dino is a below average coach and can’t recruit well enough to ever compete with the top dogs in the ACC. Heck, they can barely compete with most teams in conference (18-41) This program will never be in the mix for an ACC title with him running the show.

They need to hire a big time coach who can recruit. I mean there has to be somebody out there that can bring more talent and at least have a shot at ACC title every few years? No?

And not necessarily a big time coach, look at dook.

I don’t remember what poster said it, but I was told because we handled lower level teams better than we had in years past (Colgate/WMU) that this team was different. This should be a lesson that you can’t judge teams off of glorified scrimmages. It’s like playing Madden on rookie mode, every play we called in those games had a 99% success rate. You learn about your squad against teams you can’t do whatever you want against.

Last edited:

I do not care vwho they hire, but Babers has had enough time and has repeatedly been inept. Time to see if someone else can do better.

Last edited:

Syracuse will Never do what needs to be done. I highly doubt they move away from Dino and they will not spend the money that needs to be spent to turn it around. Syracuse has always been a check cashing school and that will never change. They will enjoy a few more years of acc money and then accept relegation. They needed to spend money the last few years when Mcnabb was here never did and that set the tone.

Just a brutal game to watch. Our national reputation as a program that can beat a few tomato cans and then fold against anybody remotely decent is intact. I didn't expect to win these three tough games but i was hoping for us to look respectable. I was hoping for our coach to have a set of gonads instead of the punt that he called.

I'm not sure where we rank vs other ACC teams in terms of conference record during the Dino years, but it has to be near the bottom. If you told me it WAS the bottom, I wouldn't be surprised.

To date, here is our ACC record by year under Dino:

2016: 2-6
2017: 2-6
2018: 6-2
2019: 2-6
2020: 1-9
2021: 2-6
2022: 4-4
2023 (to date): 0-2

This is how we stack up vs our conference brethren, i.e. theoretically our peers. Our ACC record will improve for 2023 as we go along, but I think the overall body of work speaks for itself.

I do not care vwho they hire, but Babers has had enough time and his repeatedlyy been inept. Time to see if someone else can do better.
Couldn’t agree more. I know Dino defenders are going to say we lost to Clemson and UNC, 2 of the best in the conference, but in year 8 of Dino Babers you’d think we’d be able to look competitive against them at the very least. We looked lost, incompetent, and totally unprepared and that’s been the story more often than not. This season should be it even if we hit 7 wins. We’ve hit our ceiling under Dino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom