UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

Over the long haul the punt call doesn’t change us losing the game but it may have changed the early meltdown and maybe prevented the wheels from falling off. We’re getting the ball on our side of the field. Maybe it ends up 3-3 or 7-3 or 0-3 but instead we’re down 10-0 and our D just spent a lot of time on the field. Our guys seemed to mail it in after that. It was the only time UNC punted today to.
True, it did seem to knock them down that I won’t disagree with but that also can’t happen.

I don’t mind a loss, I do mind an all out embarassment.

when it comes to Syracuse football, always Going to be 1-2 like this most years, I’ve just grown to accept it

The team I saw today could lose all f them, they probably won’t, but they could , I’m telling you UNC isn’t that good. We were that bad !!!
UNC an offense is really good, their QB a is great. We should have scored more, their D is average at best. Sure they will lose a couple games but that still makes them a 10-2 11-1 team

Orange have been outscored 31 to 7 in the 1st qtr. of the last 3 games.
2 of those at home... after a "good week of practice"...
Imagine if we had a bad week...

Watched FSU vs VATECH game off and on...FSU jumps out to 22=0 lead.
Hokies fight back to make it 22-17 on the road.

Dino...you got some 'splaining to do.

I’m embarrassed and depressed from watching this game today. It was PATHETIC.

Why do we get a murder’s row of opponents in consecutive weeks every year? Does this happen to other teams?

Last edited:
I’m embarrassed and depressed from watching this game today and I didn’t even make it through the 3rdQuarter.
I always figured we’d lose these 3 but man this was PATHETIC.

Why do we get a murder’s row of opponents in consecutive weeks every year? Does this happen to other teams?
When you’re worse than 1/3rd to 1/2 of your opponents then you’re going to get a murders row every year, that’s just how the math works out

Idk about that but if people on here are happy being 5-7 or 7-6 every year then we have a bigger problem than I thought.
People? I think the administration would be happy.

Lee Pace is some kind of UNC beat writer of some sort . Not neutral by any sense of the imagination ( obviously)

I hope everyone realizes that we will lose next week. Might be bad. Probably will be. Success of the season starts with vpi.

Unfortunately I think 1/3-1/2 is being generous
Yeah but “murders row” has to be much better, like 90-10 games, and Syracuse, BC, Wake always have to deal with that unfortunately

Someone said it in game chat - Syracuse wants to be just good enough to keep cashing ACC checks. This program will never compete for championships in Football. Private Northeast school, subpar facilities, weak NIL and lack of total commitment from the BOT.

Basketball is your only hope. If the had the balls, I say drop football and flow money to hoops to create the ultimate facilities on earth. Hookers...blow...you name it...go all in

Someone said it in game chat - Syracuse wants to be just good enough to keep cashing ACC checks. This program will never compete for championships in Football. Private Northeast school, subpar facilities, weak NIL and lack of total commitment from the BOT.

Basketball is your only hope. If the had the balls, I say drop football and flow money to hoops to create the ultimate facilities on earth. Hookers...blow...you name it...go all in
I love college football, I couldn’t feel more crappy then I do now, but never give up football … ever !

Can someone please explain to me how you punt 4th and 6 from the other team’s side of the field down 23 with 20 minutes left to play?

I am not surprised but this type of stuff CANNOT happen at this level. Would not have mattered, but we went from having 5% chance to 2% chance with that decision.

We can’t get a coach that would make a better decision in that situation…….. so we’ve been told

I hope everyone realizes that we will lose next week. Might be bad. Probably will be. Success of the season starts with vpi.
I’m one of the optimists. Yes we are going to lose next week . Everyone knows that. I will watch until we get about 35 pts behind .

of course they do, I love how people talk about “all the boosters“ should get after wildhack. It’s actually humorous because I think people would be surprised how few football “big boosters” there really are left

Yeah but “murders row” has to be much better, like 90-10 games, and Syracuse, BC, Wake always have to deal with that unfortunately
But we seem to always have Clemson, FSU and the next best team on our schedule in back to back to back weeks.

It’s demoralizing and usually decimates our health. Spacing these 3 games out would make it much easier but the ACC seems to intentionally give us a murders row portion of our season.

Maybe I’m wrong. I admit I hate everyone right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom