UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

You do realize our last 5 games are against non-legit teams?
Here's how I see last 5; V and G Tech are on the road against teams that are in the building phase, they are getting better every week. Can't see it. PITT owns Dino. Wake is a very well coached an solid team but maybe. BC is a toss up, may not matter by then.

Goes to show you also how good some of these other coaches are. Like Jeff Brohm. Back at Louisville. 5-0. Beating ND. I just want some consistency somehow someway. I also may need a shrink bc of this team lol

They might lose the game still but they are punching ND in the mouth and completely bullying them right now. That’s what you want from a team win or lose. We’re just complete no-shows and look soft physically and mentally.

What surprised me was how bad we got beat at the LOS, that and the difference between WRs. UNC was wide open, ours were barely open or on one play had 3 guys covering alford. Just no chance, prayer completion to Hatcher on 3rd down for the 1st score drive in 3rd qrter.

Also, it was noticable the difference in velocity between Shrader and Maye

Why does this question keep getting deleted?! I’m asking a very valid question and it isn’t derogatory or disrespectful or rude.

Do we have any big boosters that are getting fed up with this type of showing against good foes and doesn’t want Dino here anymore? You hear of boosters running off coaches at other schools despite having winning records (just not good enough of a winning record). How are we ok with consistent mediocrity, an occasionally good year and some real stinkers?

At some point the big boosters have to go put some pressure on Wildhack and I’m really curious how he’s going to respond. He has to be getting sick of this too as a fan of the team.

I agree, but name one coach in the five major conferences that would come to SU?

It’s not exactly common for a successful P5 coach to leave for another P5 program, especially one that’s struggling.

But if you’re asking that question I think Leipold would be candidate. And Washington and Oregon State coaches might consider since they have no conference. Who knows.

You’re likely looking at P5 coordinators or successful lower level guys who want a jump up.

IMO if you don’t hire someone from fertile recruiting grounds within the southern footprint or with major recruiting chops in that same area you’re already behind the 8 ball.

That may be the greatest summary of being a Syracuse football fan I have ever heard
ding ding ding yessir. Nail meet head of hammer. You two just summed up the frustration of the su fb fan meter as honest and true as it gets

Goes to show you also how good some of these other coaches are. Like Jeff Brohm. Back at Louisville. 5-0. Beating ND. I just want some consistency somehow someway. I also may need a shrink bc of this team
Jeff Brohm in his first year at Louisville is 4-0 and giving Notre Dame, ranked 10, a run for their money. I am willingh
Why does this question keep getting deleted?! I’m asking a very valid question and it isn’t derogatory or disrespectful or rude.

Do we have any big boosters that are getting fed up with this type of showing against good foes and doesn’t want Dino here anymore? You hear of boosters running off coaches at other schools despite having winning records (just not good enough of a winning record). How are we ok with consistent mediocrity, an occasionally good year and some real stinkers?

At some point the big boosters have to go put some pressure on Wildhack and I’m really curious how he’s going to respond. He has to be getting sick of this too as a fan of the team.
you expect Syracuse to hire away a Big 10 coach? That’s funny.

and who are these big football boosters that you speak of? Sure the department has some bigger boosters but not many just football boosters

I thought Dino looked good today in his Hawaiian blue shirt and LA sunglasses. Very dapper

Representing the university well and that is all we can ask out of a coach here

My confidence in Dino has worn thin. Wonderful guy but I feel as though this team is much better than what we saw on the field, and that comes down to coaching.

It’s difficult to say that though because the program is trajectory upwards and I feel that we will still finish with 7-8 wins. But I feel that we could be even better.
I’m starting to question 7 wins or higher lol, not lol

I don’t have the heart to read through this thread but all I will say is.. this is YEAR 8 of Dino and it looks REAL BAD. We should be competitive in year EIGHT.
Be competitive, that would be wonderful. When’s this consistently good slogan going to take affect? I’m trying to make my kids fans, they aren’t making it easy

you expect Syracuse to hire away a Big 10 coach? That’s funny.

and who are these big football boosters that you speak of? Sure the department has some bigger boosters but not many just football boosters
I never once said that. Did you read my post? I said it goes to show you how good some of these other coaches are. And comparing them to how bad Dino is

I’m embarrassed and depressed from watching this game today. It was PATHETIC.

Why do we get a murder’s row of opponents in consecutive weeks every year? Does this happen to other teams?
You might want to take a look at the schedules of some of the SEC teams.

Be competitive, that would be wonderful. When’s this consistently good slogan going to take affect? I’m trying to make my kids fans, they aren’t making it easy

We still are putting in the "orange is the new fast" strategy. But once implemented, the consistently good program will be put in place.

I am getting the sense that some posters are upset.

Can u confirm?

I think people saw new threads every 3 days reiterating how good we were in our OOC games and didn't realize some of the potential issues that showed up in the Army game. So today was a bit of a surprise.

We blew out louisville last year and this year they would blow us out, how does that happen so quickly???

Because they have the coach of another team we beat last year.

Hire Chesney from Holy Cross before BC smartens up and grabs him.

Guy is going to be a superstar and winning at a FCS contention level at Holy Cross is damn similar to what someone is tasked with doing at Syracuse. Hope Hafley survives the year and do it the second the season ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom