UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

This
I mean when your boss lays out the expectations which are “bowl games” and most likely that’s where you wind up, you aren’t getting fired. People can get all worked up about it but it’s pretty cut and dry.

not sure why people are so outraged about 7 win seasons as being a solid goal we’ve only had 5 in the last 20 years. They don’t grow on trees in the salt city, hell 5 total 6 win seasons.

it’s not 1993

Dino is a below average coach and can’t recruit well enough to ever compete with the top dogs in the ACC. Heck, they can barely compete with most teams in conference (18-41) This program will never be in the mix for an ACC title with him running the show.

They need to hire a big time coach who can recruit. I mean there has to be somebody out there that can bring more talent and at least have a shot at ACC title every few years? No?
I agree, but name one coach in the five major conferences that would come to SU?

Ask yourself, if Dino is let go where would he be hired as a head coach? - he is what he is, it’s as simple as that. Hoping he will get better is the definition of insanity. Now that may be good enough for some - I don’t know.

Last edited:
Ask yourself, if Dino is let go where would he be hired as a head coach? - he is what he is, it’s as simple as that. Hoping he will get better is the definition of insanity.
He’d go straight back to the MAC.

of course they do, I love how people talk about “all the boosters“ should get after wildhack. It’s actually humorous because I think people would be surprised how few football “big boosters” there really are left
The admin has no one to blame but themselves/their predecessors.

There are so many OC’s that could be better coaches than Dino. I would take Tommy Rees in a second. Ryan Grubb from Washington. Lebby from Oklahoma, Denbrock from LSU. All of these guys would take a job like Cuse as head coach if possible

I mean when your boss lays out the expectations which are “bowl games” and most likely that’s where you wind up, you aren’t getting fired. People can get all worked up about it but it’s pretty cut and dry.

not sure why people are so outraged about 7 win seasons as being a solid goal we’ve only had 5 in the last 20 years. They don’t grow on trees in the salt city, hell 5 total 6 win seasons.

it’s not 1993
This team hasn't beat a legit team yet this season. If they win 1 more game it would be an accomplishment.

it’s not 1993
Yeah I personally am ok with 7 win seasons and consistent bowl games but games like today are tough to stomach. At least compete. But yes, if we go to bowls and have winning records consistently I will take it

This team hasn't beat a legit team yet this season. If they win 1 more game it would be an accomplishment.
You do realize our last 5 games are against non-legit teams?

barney-nph.gif

That's true and fair but there were some talking about the whole group.

I think Hatcher has been outstanding. Brown right there too. If they were your 3rd and 4th receivers with Gadsden and Jones it would be a very solid group.

Last edited:
Goes to show you also how good some of these other coaches are. Like Jeff Brohm. Back at Louisville. 5-0. Beating ND. I just want some consistency somehow someway. I also may need a shrink bc of this team lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom