UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

Just a brutal game to watch. Our national reputation as a program that can beat a few tomato cans and then fold against anybody remotely decent is intact. I didn't expect to win these three tough games but i was hoping for us to look respectable. I was hoping for our coach to have a set of gonads instead of the punt that he called.

I'm not sure where we rank vs other ACC teams in terms of conference record during the Dino years, but it has to be near the bottom. If you told me it WAS the bottom, I wouldn't be surprised.

To date, here is our ACC record by year under Dino:

2016: 2-6
2017: 2-6
2018: 6-2
2019: 2-6
2020: 1-9
2021: 2-6
2022: 4-4
2023 (to date): 0-2

This is how we stack up vs our conference brethren, i.e. theoretically our peers. Our ACC record will improve for 2023 as we go along, but I think the overall body of work speaks for itself.
the punt pushed off the edge. I’m no longer on the Dino team. I won’t rip him to shreds like others will, but I’ve lost faith .

Just a brutal game to watch. Our national reputation as a program that can beat a few tomato cans and then fold against anybody remotely decent is intact. I didn't expect to win these three tough games but i was hoping for us to look respectable. I was hoping for our coach to have a set of gonads instead of the punt that he called.

I'm not sure where we rank vs other ACC teams in terms of conference record during the Dino years, but it has to be near the bottom. If you told me it WAS the bottom, I wouldn't be surprised.

This is how we stack up vs our conference brethren, i.e. theoretically our peers. Our ACC record will improve for 2023 as we go along, but I think the overall body of work speaks for itself.
Yep, the record shows that Dino is a lousy coach. He just is. 6-7 win ceiling overall, bottom third of the ACC kind of guy.

I suspect he’ll be here until he retires.

Good thing we’re lowering Dome capacity.

19-41? Good god

Shell shocked from the first possession. That is preparation, that is coaching. Time and time again with Dino. The saying goes, "nothing changes if nothing changes."
Held them to a field goal, but not a great start.

- this game was cursed from the beginning. I ask for a game with less than 10 wt f moments and already we get one with the game not even being televised anywhere the first 8 minutes.

- the call was a first down, how tfffff, he even fumbled it backwards. Can you get a more Syracuse football play then blocking a punt and having it turn out to be a first down for the opposing team. Still think they aren’t biased against Syracuse?

- The call was bad, it made zero difference in the game. Don’t give me it would change the game stuff. No chance cuse was being competitive today.

- Coaching has got worse progressively throughout the season from all sides of the ball. Losing to UNC isn’t a problem, they are actually a good team (btw Clemson still is not) with a great qb, but cuse should not have been blown out.

- Way too many people assuming once we play easier teams they are going to be fine. This is starting to scream 6-6 in a very down acc conference.

- Clear interception for cuse… nope nvm deflected and taken like 10000 yards to the house... another Syracuse football play.

- Penalties and I don’t need the coach to freakout but at least some sort of talk or something with the player. Every time coach has no reaction.

- They gave up. That’s unacceptable and not the first time we have seen that from this coach.

- Some of the worst DBs in the Babers era which is saying something.

- Gadsden is the difference between good year and average year.

- Greenwood & Darton, two players who try very hard, not remotely ACC talent.
Darton is.

Yeah the comments of “I love Dino” but why does anyone love him? Bc he seems to be a nice guy? I would rather have a Lane Kiffin type of guy that knows how to WIN. Give me anyone else. It’s amazing how many chances this guy has gotten. He’s not the answer to anything
I do love dino, would love to have dinner with him. But I am on your side about reality. I dont think he should be coaching sufb after this year. While I dont want a dirt ball like kiffin, I get and agree the win at all costs within reason angle 100%

Hard to see us beating va tech on the road, they have slowly improved each game. Definitely a tougher team than us.
Agreed. I was at the FSU game. After a terrible start they showed some compete.

Key word “end years”? Frankly I’d rather see a triple option team than this product. I mean they weren’t even competitive, not even a smidge. I did like seeing the UNC TE show our offense what a TE can do. Greenwood getting courtesy reps against these guys? Really? I think Dino bets on games, or his buddies do. I like Dino as a person but there’s GOTTA be a better coach that would coach here, no?
Ummm, actually we agree completely! He is not the answer. Hes a great dude, but I and most here care much more about wins. There is a better option, yes sir

I do not care vwho they hire, but Babers has had enough time and his repeatedly been inept. Time to see if someone else can do better.
I agree. I have to be honest 6-6, 7-5 doesn’t move needle for me anymore, especially when they get smoked 1-3 times a year. I would have rather seen them pick up Lance Leipold after the 1-10 year. I’m not sure how good he can recruit, but he is a really good coach.

This isn’t being dramatic either. I don’t know any other occupation where you can be so bad, yet continue to have that job. I even came back after 1-10, however this is my last year for season tickets until there is major improvement in recruiting (top 30 would do) or new coach.

It hardly matters. At least a new guy might sell a few tix for the new seating configuration next season.

The Dome’s gonna be a ghost town next year.

Good. The Great Seat Disruption won't hurt me at all.

To be fair, Dino’s team quite impressively gave up 76 points to Pitt in 2016. 76 freaking points. Makes UNC’s 40 points seem rather pedestrian - barely half of Pitt’s total. I can’t recall ever seeing such a feat in my decades of SU fandom. I think we know what we are going to get with Dino as coach year in and year out.

I agree. I have to be honest 6-6, 7-5 doesn’t move needle for me anymore, especially when they get smoked 1-3 times a year. I would have rather seen them pick up Lance Leipold after the 1-10 year. I’m not sure how good he can recruit, but he is a really good coach.

This isn’t being dramatic either. I don’t know any other occupation where you can be so bad, yet continue to have that job. I even came back after 1-10, however this is my last year for season tickets until there is major improvement in recruiting (top 30 would do) or new coach.
I believe politician and weatherman have the same job security

My confidence in Dino has worn thin. Wonderful guy but I feel as though this team is much better than what we saw on the field, and that comes down to coaching.

It’s difficult to say that though because the program is trajectory upwards and I feel that we will still finish with 7-8 wins. But I feel that we could be even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom