UNC receives a new notice of allegations | Syracusefan.com

UNC receives a new notice of allegations

DeGrozz

All American
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article73736122.html

I wonder if Roy will once again become the greatest coach not to have won a national championship...

Edit: I should add that there is nothing out there right now about what is in the new (amended) notice. For all we know they added or removed several allegations. Either way, Southern Louisiana State Tech should be quaking in their cleats.

Did SU redact its Notice of Allegations?

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article73736122.html

I wonder if Roy will once again become the greatest coach not to have won a national championship...

Edit: I should add that there is nothing out there right now about what is in the new (amended) notice. For all we know they added or removed several allegations. Either way, Southern Louisiana State Tech should be quaking in their cleats.

Read between the lines of this:

"UNC on Monday confirmed receipt of the amended Notice of Allegations (NOA), which again details the results of the NCAA’s investigation into a scheme of suspect African Studies classes that benefited athletes in disproportionate numbers. The new NOA, like the first, wasn’t immediately released."

So here's how they are going to slime their way out. Because everyone taking the fake classes, athletes and non-athletes, receives an A, it's not a violation. Which I think is pure BS and here's why. Regardless if it's a institutional problem, it helps the GPAs of athletes for academic compliance. Therefore, it's implications are beyond the institution because academic compliance applies to ALL institutions, and therefore, a true violation. But I bet they slime their way out though.

"UNC on Monday confirmed receipt of the amended Notice of Allegations (NOA), which again details the results of the NCAA’s investigation into a scheme of suspect African Studies classes that benefited athletes in disproportionate numbers. The new NOA, like the first, wasn’t immediately released."

So here's how they are going to slime their way out. Because everyone taking the fake classes, athletes and non-athletes, receives an A, it's not a violation. Which I think is pure BS and here's why. Regardless if it's a institutional problem, it helps the GPAs of athletes for academic compliance. Therefore, it's implications are beyond the institution because academic compliance applies to ALL institutions, and therefore, a true violation. But I bet they slime their way out though.

But that is just one of the allegations, isn't it?

I thought there were other impermissible benefits in their first NOA on top of the bogus major.

Either way, UNC is playing this smart. Keep kicking it down the road until you have a down year, take a post-season ban, and deal with the other punishments that the NCAA doles out.

I thought there were other impermissible benefits in their first NOA on top of the bogus major.

Either way, UNC is playing this smart. Keep kicking it down the road until you have a down year, take a post-season ban, and deal with the other punishments that the NCAA doles out.

Or wait until their Hall of Fame coach retires. Gee, why didn't we think of that!

That sort of sounds familiar.

The issue of 'open to everyone' is moot. The credits do not count. The athletes that took most of these classes were ineligible players. The college accrediting agency supervising North Carolina and all the SE schools, officially decertified the classes.g

The issue is no longer 'impermissable benefits'. The issue is 'ineligible players'.

Roy
x240-5Bh.jpg

Gottlieb is a moron. Look at the first paragraph of what OX posted:

The purpose of this letter and its enclosure is to provide the University of North

Carolina, Chapel Hill, with an amended notice of allegations. Please note that the

policies and procedures outlined in the May 20, 2015, notice of allegations and

corresponding cover letter still apply.

The men's basketball allegations were outlined in the 2015 report. This new report is an ADDITIONAL allegation based on what UNC self-reported last year. Remember that? From what I've read from others, this allegation is tantamount to academic fraud.

The issue of 'open to everyone' is moot. The credits do not count. The athletes that took most of these classes were ineligible players. The college accrediting agency supervising North Carolina and all the SE schools, officially decertified the classes.g

The issue is no longer 'impermissable benefits'. The issue is 'ineligible players'.

Agreed.

The men's basketball allegations were outlined in the 2015 report. This new report is an ADDITIONAL allegation based on what UNC self-reported last year. Remember that? From what I've read from others, this allegation is tantamount to academic fraud.

Seems to me that this is not the case. The first paragraph that you mention says the the "Procedures and policies outlined in the (previous NOA)...still apply". Not the allegations within it. Looks to me like UNC basketball and football has been cleared.

All the writers on twitter seem to agree with Gottlieb's POV.

This was interesting:

This is just a great example of having the right people on your side. Something SU didn't have.

Interesting Roy knew this 2 weeks before the NOA was released.

I shouldn't get mad over sports, but this makes me angry. JB should have his wins back. It isn't right. If there's any school I hate that we play against its UNC. I hope we destroy them going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom