UNC receives a new notice of allegations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC receives a new notice of allegations

This is so funny. I was telling someone the other day this would happen. I believe the question I was asked was, when UNC gets off with no real punishment will you have even less respect for the NCAA? My response was something to the tune of, for one I can't have any less respect for the NCAA than I already do. Also of course they are going to get off. I mean I will be shocked if it doesn't happen. The people who didn't see this coming are the same people who are mad about when Duke boosters hiring Chris Duhon and Carlos Boozers parents for jobs making more money, for Lance Thomas buying 100k worth of jewelry and being cleared and Maggette admitting under oath that he was paid while at Duke with nothing happening.

It's not politically correct to demean fraudulent African American Studies courses. The NCAA wants no part of that politically correct mess. So to young African American students at UNC; how much is your (fraudulent) degree worth. Will it get you a job at????? McDonalds? There you have it SU smeared but UNC gets off scott free. This country is toast.

It's not politically correct to demean fraudulent African American Studies courses. The NCAA wants no part of that politically correct mess. So to young African American students at UNC; how much is your (fraudulent) degree worth. Will it get you a job at????? McDonalds? There you have it SU smeared but UNC gets off scott free. This country is toast.
that's a whole lot of angry nonsense.

Jake said:
So the crux of the report is that a UNC degree is equivalent to that of a community college.
the crazy part is that the ncaa had men's bball and fball players basically copping to the fact that uncs whole system was a fraud. V

The whole thing just seems bizarre. How the allegations can disappear for mens basketball and football, but the women's basketball program still gets whacked. Did someone wave a magic wand that got the men different majors ex post facto?

And that Mark Emmert has TWO degrees from Syracuse, but gave such a harsh penalty to the school for relatively minor transgressions, especially the academic allegation re Fab Melo, who was suspended TWICE in the season for his academics. WE PUNISHED HIM ALREADY! AND THE TEAM! I realize this is not a court of law where the double jeopardy rule technically applies, but in fact that is what happened to SU re Fab Melo. Did JB sleep with Emmert's girlfriend or wife when he was at SU? That's the only thing I can think of for why he has peed all over the team and school, while apparently letting UNC slide for far, far worse systemic academic abuse.

NYCSUGrad said:
The whole thing just seems bizarre. How the allegations can disappear for mens basketball and football, but the women's basketball program still gets whacked. Did someone wave a magic wand that got the men different majors ex post facto? And that Mark Emmert has TWO degrees from Syracuse, but gave such a harsh penalty to the school for relatively minor transgressions, especially the academic allegation re Fab Melo, who was suspended TWICE in the season for his academics. WE PUNISHED HIM ALREADY! AND THE TEAM! I realize this is not a court of law where the double jeopardy rule technically applies, but in fact that is what happened to SU re Fab Melo. Did JB sleep with Emmert's girlfriend or wife when he was at SU? That's the only thing I can think of for why he has peed all over the team and school, while apparently letting UNC slide for far, far worse systemic academic abuse.
And does anyone in their right mind believe UNC sets up an entire fraudulent academic system to purely benefit women's basketball?

Emmert and his minions aren't complete fools. They know the P5 conferences would break away from the NCAA sooner rather than later if the Carolina men's basketball program was hit hard with sanctions.

I like how this has become a complete non story now. Nothing on twitter about it because it's all Bradygate and now Mike Tirico news. How are the major sports networks not putting this on repeat now if for nothing else but to get clicks?

This pisses me off more than it should. The NCAA just lost any shred of credibility that it had left, at least to anyone who's paying attention (though it seems like no one is). Come November, UNC will be pre-season top 5 and the NCAA will have successfully covered up the decades of academic fraud that occurred. But hey! At least those scandalous female hoops players will have gotten what's coming to em.

giphy.gif

I fail to see why anyone is surprised. I've prepared myself for UNC bball getting basically nothing. In the big picture this is good for the ACC & SU. I hope our lawyers get us all our wins back to go with the $25 + million.

I fail to see why anyone is surprised. I've prepared myself for UNC bball getting basically nothing. In the big picture this is good for the ACC & SU. I hope our lawyers get us all our wins back to go with the $25 + million.

I've also been preparing for this, but honestly I still can't believe it. The NCAA must have 10 pound brass balls to just say "F it...we'll let em off." And I won't hold my breath waiting for the them to rectify our punishment and make sure we're all square. In fact, they'll probably fight us tooth and nail in court, IF we even take it that far. The damage is done. We got the short end of the stick. Eventually I'll get over it.

Side Note: It will be interesting to see which college hoops sportswriters are worth their salt...who draws the comparisons between programs and punishment...who ignores the inconsistencies...who holds the NCAA's feet to the fire as much as they can.

I've also been preparing for this, but honestly I still can't believe it. The NCAA must have 10 pound brass balls to just say "F it...we'll let em off." And I won't hold my breath waiting for the them to rectify our punishment and make sure we're all square. In fact, they'll probably fight us tooth and nail in court, IF we even take it that far. The damage is done. We got the short end of the stick. Eventually I'll get over it.

Side Note: It will be interesting to see which college hoops sportswriters are worth their salt...who draws the comparisons between programs and punishment...who ignores the inconsistencies...who holds the NCAA's feet to the fire as much as they can.
interesting that Bilas hasn't commented yet. I hope it's because he's going to be coming out with guns blazing on the hypocrisy of it all.

Can we get some lawyers to go ape**** on the NCAA now?

Give JB his wins back yesterday. We'll take our scholarships back as well.

Bunch of hypocrital paper pushing clowns.
Crock of sheet

longislandcuse said:
Can we get some lawyers to go ape**** on the NCAA now? Give JB his wins back yesterday. We'll take our scholarships back as well. Bunch of hypocrital paper pushing clowns.

What I don't get is that, as has been pointed out before, the majority of people involved in this process are Chancellors, Presidents and AD's and they're giving UNC a break. What does that mean?

What I don't get is that, as has been pointed out before, the majority of people involved in this process are Chancellors, Presidents and AD's and they're giving UNC a break. What does that mean?
It probably means that it happens everywhere.

If Joe Student can take the same classes as athletes it's sorta out of the NCAA purview of a special benefit. This was coming from a mile away.

I think everyone needs to calm down. Let's not underestimate the NCAA's incompetence here. They could very well be so incompetent to leave out men's hoops and football in this update, while still fully punishing men's hoops and football.

Again, do not under estimate the incompetence. Anything is possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom