Unless Pitt loses at Virginia Tech and at Georgia Tech we will be in the 8-9 game in the ACCT | Syracusefan.com

Unless Pitt loses at Virginia Tech and at Georgia Tech we will be in the 8-9 game in the ACCT

Alsacs

Living Legend
Our loss last night basically ensured we will be in the 8-9 game against very likely Virginia Tech. That game could be for our NCAAT life. It will be at 12pm which is always the dead game. I hope we are ready for VPI.

90% we will be the 8 seed against VPI outside chance it could Georgia Tech if they win out and VPI loses out.

We need to beat FSU. Do not want to have to win a noon start in a dead arena to get a birth. Our last 2 games against VT went to the wire with G winning both for us.

In our 1 game against VT this year which was at the dome, we never led in regulation. Think about that for a minute. Never led in regulation at home. Ugh. Forgot the guys name (Maybe Bibbs) is perfect for the middle spot against the zone and he has a big game against us every time we play them

Cuse_1999 said:
We need to beat FSU. Do not want to have to win a noon start in a dead arena to get a birth. Our last 2 games against VT went to the wire with G winning both for us.

In our 1 game against VT this year which was at the dome, we never led in regulation. Think about that for a minute. Never led in regulation at home. Ugh. Forgot the guys name (Maybe Bibbs) is perfect for the middle spot against the zone and he has a big game against us every time we play them

Yea bibbs the lefty, nice player, zone buster

Actually, Clemson is right there too. They play UVA today, but then get to finish with BC...

If we beat FSU, we'll probably end up 8th and we have the Clemson game to blame...

And if it is that then we have no one but ourselves to blame if we do not make the NCAAT. If we cannot beat VPI on a neutral floor, then we don't deserve to go.

Well yeah.

But I don't think we'd have an advantage playing Tech in front of their mouth-breathing fans in Washington.

It's a should-win, but the prospect scares the hell out of me.

Well yeah.

But I don't think we'd have an advantage playing Tech in front of their mouth-breathing fans in Washington.

I think we'd have more of a representation in Washington than Virginia Tech, although the noon start time is always tough.

I think we'd have more of a representation in Washington than Virginia Tech, although the noon start time is always tough.

Exactly, not a good game time - Syracuse fans will be at their jobs, while the mouth-breathers will be available for hoops.

(Also, big numbers difference between the two alumni groups in the area.)

Well yeah.

We should have more fans in DC than VPI will. I will be scared too if it comes down to that game but that is the position that the team has put itself in and now they have to rise to the occasion.

Actually, Clemson is right there too. They play UVA today, but then get to finish with BC...

If we beat FSU, we'll probably end up 8th and we have the Clemson game to blame...
We lose the H2H tiebreaker with Clemson and they have BC on their schedule. That is why I didn't include Clemson. They will finish ahead of us.

We lose the H2H tiebreaker with Clemson and they have BC on their schedule. That is why I didn't include Clemson. They will finish ahead of us.
im holding out hope that bc wins that game to push Cuse to 7 at 7.

will need them to be 0-17 going into it though.

I want nothing to do with this obnoxious attention-whore.

Georgia_Tech_Virginia_Tech_Basketball-09d03-4980.jpg

im holding out hope that bc wins that game to push Cuse to 7 at 7.

will need them to be 0-17 going into it though.
I think VPI and GT holding home court is more likely though. BC is a dumpster fire bad. They wouldn't win the Patriot League this year.

what if ND (currently 10-6) loses both their games (Miami, nc st - not likely but possible), we beat Fla St and both teams are at 10-8 - we'd get that tiebreaker, wouldn't we?

what if, say, SU, ND, Pitt and Clemson all finish at 10-8?

what if ND (currently 10-6) loses both their games (Miami, nc st - not likely but possible), we beat Fla St and both teams are at 10-8 - we'd get that tiebreaker, wouldn't we?

what if, say, SU, ND, Pitt and Clemson all finish at 10-8?
pitt 3-1
Clemson 2-1
nd 1-2
Syracuse 1-3

yikes, ok
i don't know how those sutherns thank.

they could stack em up like that, then at the end just look at h2h.

in which case Cuse gets the 7 @ 7

Maybe Clemsoning has transitioned to the basketball team?

i don't know how those sutherns thank.

they could stack em up like that, then at the end just look at h2h.

in which case Cuse gets the 7 @ 7
no I think you're right in that multiple tiebreaker scenario - they go combined records as you laid out above

I hope we are in the 8/9. We are going to win that first game and then we are going to finally beat UNC this year. It's happening.

and since the acc tournament aint in north carolina it wont be 95% unc fans

Sorry, just to confirm, is the conclusion that we are 100% in the 8/9 game, or like 95% in the 8/9 game?

Just win the next two. Go 1-1 and it's 50/50 imo for a Tourney bid. 1-1 and I honestly would not be surprised if it's NIT. 2-0 and it's no debate for the committee. We're in. Definitely hoping for VA Tech in Washington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom