Update on Orangeyes | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Update on Orangeyes

The news is not good. Dan has struggled the last couple of days, has been vomiting everything he tries to eat.

Doctors found the problem today and are about to perform emergency surgery to address the issue. He asks for members of the board to pray for him,,,,,

Damn! Terrible news. Bad things shouldn't happen to great people. We miss you.

Last edited:
The news is not good. Dan has struggled the last couple of days, has been vomiting everything he tries to eat.

Doctors found the problem today and are about to perform emergency surgery to address the issue. He asks for members of the board to pray for him,,,,,

One step at a time my Orange brother. Prayers are with you. We love ya Danny.

Thanks to all of the board brothers and sisters who wrote such beautiful messages. I'll like them all when I feel a little more recovered.

Without getting into much detail Wednesday they found a serious infection in one of my wound sights and had to clean it out and mend the area. When I woke up I thought it was Thursday. It was actually Friday night as they had to sedate me into a coma like state to keep me still.

I'm now in a private room. My doctor thinks I'm in for another 2 weeks so I'll have to watch the Spring game on Cuse.com if it's up and running.

Again thanks for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes, they really do mean the world to me.

Thanks to all of the board brothers and sisters who wrote such beautiful messages. I'll like them all when I feel a little more recovered.

Without getting into much detail Wednesday they found a serious infection in one of my wound sights and had to clean it out and mend the area. When I woke up I thought it was Thursday. It was actually Friday night as they had to sedate me into a coma like state to keep me still.

I'm now in a private room. My doctor thinks I'm in for another 2 weeks so I'll have to watch the Spring game on Cuse.com if it's up and running.

Again thanks for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes, they really do mean the world to me.
You are a damn treasure man. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Cant say more than what has already been said but god bless and get well soon.

Just remember - you can't have enough sponge baths!

Wow infections are brutal. Glad they got that under control for you. Two weeks is a long haul but it'll go by before you know it. Get well! I bet you feel a little better already after that exciting win.

Kim and I love ya Danny, see you on the total mend soon bud. Hang in bro.

Just caught up to this post. So sorry to hear. We need you, Dan, so just hang in there. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Prayers and positive thoughts toward a speedy and full recovery, OE. I know the term speedy can be relative to who is saying it, but with your attitude I am expecting good news.

Sleep in a hospital is a luxury so you find yourself up at the oddest of hours. With little to do I found myself rereading this beautiful outpouring of well wishes and prayers. With each generous message it gives me that get in there and fight for life attitude. It's not in my nature to give up and all of what you write and do is so, so inspiring. The best thing right now is to get out of bed and walk 2-3 times a day. It's a real challenge as Tom will attest what with about 8-10 tubes hooked into your body. The other day I complained about pain in my side and my doctor said that's probably where we took out your appendix. I was flabbergasted as that was the first I learned about that missing part. Hopefully, today will be another day forward in my recovery, a recovery urged on by a great community of people who aren't afraid to reach out to a fellow fan to give him the strength to get well again. It means everything, thanks again for all you have said and done for me in my hour of need. You're in my prayers too.

Last edited:
Sleep in a hospital is a luxury so you find yourself up at the oddest of hours. With little to do I found myself rereading this beautiful outpouring of well wishes and prayers. With each generous message it gives me that get in there and fight for life attitude. It's not in my nature to give up and all of what you write and do is so, so inspiring. The best thing right now is to get out of bed and walk 2-3 times a day. It's a real challenge as Tom will attest what with about 8-10 tubes hooked into your body. The other day I complained about pain in my side and my doctor said that's probably where we took out your appendix. I was flabbergasted as that was the first I learned abuot that missing part. Hopefully, today will be another day forward in my recovery, a recovery urged on by a great community of people who aren't afraid to reach out to a fellow fan to give him the strength to get well again. It means everything, thanks again for all you have said and done for me in my hour of need. You're in my prayers too.

I like updates on Orangeyes when they are updates from Orangeyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom