Class of 2014 - Updated 2014 Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Updated 2014 Rankings

What grade is his son and how tall, if you know? Do you think he could end up an Andy Rautins type of player for SJU, if he has the opportunity to go there?
2013. Looks to be around 6'2-6'3 range. Didn't look like a high D1 player from the game I watched. Striked me more of an Ivy/Patriot league type of player.

2013. Looks to be around 6'2-6'3 range. Didn't look like a high D1 player from the game I watched. Striked me more of an Ivy/Patriot league type of player.
Ah, I was picturing a young Chris Mullin, who might not wow people today, because of the lack of athleticism. But a high basketball IQ and great shooting stroke would translate as long as he was at least 6'7.

ESPN updated their top 60 today.

6.McCullough
9.Vaughn
15.Stanley Johnson
20.Goodluck
22.Dion Wiley
26.Jakeenan Gant
46.Whitehead
54.Kaleb Joseph

Surprised that Goodluck and Wiley are in the top 25 as 5 stars and Whitehead once again is ranked wayyy too low. Joseph once he gets out on the AAU circuit will see his stock rise imo.

McCullough has the most talent and upside out of everybody in the 2014. He can become the consensus #1 player if he decides that he wants it. By that I mean improving his overall demeanor from game to game. At times he looks bored and you can't say the same about a kid like Okafor, who brings it 100% every game.

In terms of demeanor, is he like Perry Jones III?

In terms of demeanor, is he like Perry Jones III?
That's who I thought of when I first saw him last summer. PJ3 was crazy talented but you never knew what you was getting from him game to game. I do believe he suffered from an injury which cost him to fall into the late 1st round in the draft, but I do think McCullough is more athletic and talented than PJ3.

6.McCullough
9.Vaughn
15.Stanley Johnson
20.Goodluck
22.Dion Wiley
26.Jakeenan Gant
46.Whitehead
54.Kaleb Joseph

Surprised that Goodluck and Wiley are in the top 25 as 5 stars and Whitehead once again is ranked wayyy too low. Joseph once he gets out on the AAU circuit will see his stock rise imo.
As always, much thanks.

That's who I thought of when I first saw him last summer. PJ3 was crazy talented but you never knew what you was getting from him game to game. I do believe he suffered from an injury which cost him to fall into the late 1st round in the draft, but I do think McCullough is more athletic and talented than PJ3.

That's an interesting comparison, thanks!

6.McCullough
9.Vaughn
15.Stanley Johnson
20.Goodluck
22.Dion Wiley
26.Jakeenan Gant
46.Whitehead
54.Kaleb Joseph

Whitehead is a really good player, but he has character issues (not saying he's a bad kid, but he talks a lot of trash and I've seen him pout at times).

McCullough is probably the player with the most upside in 2014, mostly because Vonleh and Wiggins moved up a year, though Okafor is a beast and Towns has a shot to be special if he can put it together. McCullough is Vonleh without the aggressiveness.

Joseph is nice, I'm not sure he's much better than Zabo though, who is ranked about 15 PG spots lower. I haven't seen either since the summer.

Goodluck is overrated at 20, IMO.

Whitehead is a really good player, but he has character issues (not saying he's a bad kid, but he talks a lot of trash and I've seen him pout at times).

McCullough is probably the player with the most upside in 2014, mostly because Vonleh and Wiggins moved up a year, though Okafor is a beast and Towns has a shot to be special if he can put it together. McCullough is Vonleh without the aggressiveness.

Joseph is nice, I'm not sure he's much better than Zabo though, who is ranked about 15 PG spots lower. I haven't seen either since the summer.

Goodluck is overrated at 20, IMO.
I like Zabo and think he's a good scorer but imho Joseph has the better overall skill set.

247 updated top 165
http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

3.McCullough (was previously #1)
6.Vaughn
13.Johnson
14.Gant
26.Goodluck
29.Whitehead
52.Wiley
57.Jared Terrell
58.Ben Bentil
61.Joseph
130.Kobie Eubanks

All have offers except Terrell and Eubanks.
The info, positive vibes on the Recruiting Forum (not that there's not a ton of fun on the BBall Forum as well)......
makes me start to think that this IS the payside.

The info, positive vibes on the Recruiting Forum (not that there's not a ton of fun on the BBall Forum as well)......
makes me start to think that this IS the payside.
Agreed far too much whining from certain individuals on the main bb board. The hope and the "vibes" is extremely contagious over here :D!This is why I especially retreat here after losses because many unfairly have their pitchforks out for Coach Boeheim.

And finally, going up against Goodluck, recent video, with the outrageous crossover, reverse layup around 0:38
Keeps his balance on the and one finish around 1:15
Flushes it on the last play

Man GO looks awful here. People complain now about Rak, I think he is Rak 2.0. That guard can play though, wow. We haven't had a dynamic guard like that in a while.

I like Zabo and think he's a good scorer but imho Joseph has the better overall skill set.

You likely have seen both more recently than me, last I saw I didn't think there was a 15 spot position difference, maybe 15 spots but not position. Both have good potential, zabo is a bit more of a scoring PG but he can run the point from what I have seen.

done
ashley_schaeffer_square.jpg

Rivalshoops updated 150

6.Vaughn
9.McCullough
12.Stanley Johnson
19.Whitehead
25.Jakeenan Gant
34.Goodluck
38.Ben Bentil
44.Joseph
49.Wiley
57.Terrell
74.Paschal Chukwu
88.Dorian Pickens

Rivalshoops updated 150

6.Vaughn
9.McCullough
12.Stanley Johnson
19.Whitehead
25.Jakeenan Gant
34.Goodluck
38.Ben Bentil
44.Joseph
49.Wiley
57.Terrell
74.Paschal Chukwu
88.Dorian Pickens
Do they even watch basketball? That's a pretty surprising ranking for the Hammer.

Updated ESPN Top 100 today.

7.McCullough
19.Goodluck
24.Perkins
35.Whitehead
51.Joseph
58.Chukwu
67.Newton
73)Pickens

Interesting stuff as always from them.
It's the Syracuse rule. Down for us, up for SEC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom