Class of 2014 - Updated 2014 Rankings | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Updated 2014 Rankings

Who often do these sites update their recruiting rankings? Will it happen at the end of the summer? Espn's top 100 for the 2014 class has been the same for a while now. Isaiah ranked 35? Come on now
With the AAU/Camp circuit wrapping up in July, every outlet will be making their post summer update rankings this month. Jerry just couldn't wait to bless us with his first.

Sorry guys...not taking any of the 247 sports rankings seriously. Jerry is a homer and most of the other "analysts" cover certain colleges so they are biased as well. Any one of us on this board could evaluate and rank talent better then them if we were able to attend all these aau circuits.

Criteria for 24/7 rankings:
A- recruit has committed to UK
B- recruit is considering UK
C- kids not in category A and B get ranked below.
As funny as this is, the scary thing is that it is exactly the way of it.

With the AAU/Camp circuit wrapping up in July, every outlet will be making their post summer update rankings this month. Jerry just couldn't wait to bless us with his first.
I think he needs to go back and redo his. Jerry's UK bias is ridiculous and making him look like an idiot.

Best part of 247 right now is this:

1020324.jpg
AWMKY, can you cook me up a Derrick Jones and Malachi Richardson dreamer whenever you have the time lol.

I think the funniest one is Josh Perkins. If I remember correctly, they skyrocketed him early Summer, and now have dropped him 17 slots. Also, Ulis jumped 32 spots to #52 just because he got a UK offer.
Iliad hasn't even gotten an offer just a visit lined up. Another 32 spots with an offer

As usual I love it, especially the Malachi one. Your KJ avatar is nice as well. Thanks once again bud.
View attachment 4535

Francis -
Interested to know what you think/know about this...will the staff take Jones or Richardson or both (if one prefers a 2G role, I know Richardson can really shoot)? It seems like we may get an answer on Jones this fall.

Francis -
Interested to know what you think/know about this...will the staff take Jones or Richardson or both (if one prefers a 2G role, I know Richardson can really shoot)? It seems like we may get an answer on Jones this fall.
Jones is a forward and Richardson is a guard, no?

Francis -
Malachi is versatile enough to play SG/SF, but he's projected to be better at Guard. Jones obviously is strictly a wing, so I don't think one will have to do with the other.

2015 goal looks like this.
SG-Malachi
SF-D. Jones
PF-Bryant
C-Diallo or Diagne

Malachi is versatile enough to play SG/SF, but he's projected to be better at Guard. Jones obviously is strictly a wing, so I don't think one will have to do with the other.

SG-Malachi
SF-D. Jones
PF-Bryant
C-Diallo or Diagne
th_shaqoohhh.png

Wow, are things looking up! Landing 2 out of 5 of these guys would be impressive enough.

SG-Malachi
SF-D. Jones
PF-Bryant
C-Diallo or Diagne
You giving up on Briscoe?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

SG-Malachi
SF-D. Jones
PF-Bryant
C-Diallo or Diagne
Malachi more than Briscoe now? How do you see them? I keep thinking deep down Briscoe likes the 'Cuse.

If IW comes here, how do you think that affects the sg recruitment picture?

Thanks for the info!

You giving up on Briscoe?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Malachi more than Briscoe now? How do you see them? I keep thinking deep down Briscoe likes the 'Cuse.

If IW comes here, how do you think that affects the sg recruitment picture?

Thanks for the info!
Briscoe has been a heavy Zona lean for months. The staff never made him a priority to see last month during the evaluation period. Red, who is the main recruiter for him only saw him play once last month. Plus in that one game Briscoe was a teammate of McCullough's, so you could make the argument that he was mainly there for McCullough. Things could change if he visits SU towards the end of this month as he claims, but he also plans to visit Zona again next month and is recruiting players to join him on that trip. The Pops imo isn't a fan of him playing in Tyler's shadow again and I think that has been the major issue why we have fallen out of favor over the past few months.

If we get IW, then I think it'll make things tough to get Malachi if we do indeed receive an early commit from Jones. If we don't get Jones, then I think we'll still be strongly in the mix for Malachi because he can play the wing as well.

Briscoe has been a heavy Zona lean for months. The staff never made him a priority to see last month during the evaluation period. Red, who is the main recruiter for him only saw him play once last month. Plus in that one game Briscoe was a teammate of McCullough's, so you could make the argument that he was mainly there for McCullough. Things could change if he visits SU towards the end of this month as he claims, but he also plans to visit Zona again next month and is recruiting players to join him on that trip. The Pops imo isn't a fan of him playing in Tyler's shadow again and I think that has been the major issue why we have fallen out of favor over the past few months.

If we get IW, then I think it'll make things tough to get Malachi if we do indeed receive an early commit from Jones. If we don't get Jones, then I think we'll still be strongly in the mix for Malachi because he can play the wing as well.

Exactly...2015 will depend on how 2014 ends up. If we get Joseph it's good-bye to Briscoe who is only interested in playing PG. We might not get Briscoe even without KJ, as I agree his dad is fearful of being caught behind Ennis and its unknown how long Ennis will stay. Similarly, if we get IW that probably means no Malachi. If we miss on IW we will probably go hard after Malachi. Francis, do you think BJ Johnson is viable for major minutes at the 2G if we were to land Jones to play SF? I just hope we get T Bryant cause he's going to be a stud.

Exactly...2015 will depend on how 2014 ends up. If we get Joseph it's good-bye to Briscoe who is only interested in playing PG. We might not get Briscoe even without KJ, as I agree his dad is fearful of being caught behind Ennis and its unknown how long Ennis will stay. Similarly, if we get IW that probably means no Malachi. If we miss on IW we will probably go hard after Malachi. Francis, do you think BJ Johnson is viable for major minutes at the 2G if we were to land Jones to play SF? I just hope we get T Bryant cause he's going to be a stud.
If BJ's handle is adequate enough, then I do think he's versatile enough to play some minutes at the 2. Will be interesting to see if he plays some minutes there next week in Canada.

SG-Malachi
SF-D. Jones
PF-Bryant
C-Diallo or Diagne
Might as well save the NCAA infractions committe investigators an office at Manley if SU lands that class.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

whoa... i just took a look at the rankings? why is CM dropping? i thought he would be at worst top 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom