Updated Bowl Projections | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

Is there a bowl selection show?

I think the two sites best positioned to be in the know on Camping World are the Orlando Sentinel and ESPN (ESPN owns Camping World). Both have Syracuse in Orlando, with both ESPN analysts agreeing.

The next guy I have the most confidence in is Jerry Palm of Cbssports. He says SU to Camping World.

However, Stewart Mandell of The Athletic has confidence Syracuse is going to the Pinstripe. Not sure he is a bowl expert, but he is a respected journalist.

Joe Giglio of the Raleigh News Observer claimed to have excellent inside info. He has changed his story several times but as of right now, says if Iowa State is the choice of Camping World, NC State will join them there. But he has been conspicuously quiet on this for a long time now. That behavior is something I would expect from someone who is wrong. He doubled and tripled down earlier; this is very uncharacteristic for him. If he gets confirmation he is right, he will tweet it immediately.

Most everyone thinks Iowa State is a lock for Camping World, but if you read Iowa newspapers, they think because they travel better than WVU, and beat WVU head to head, they should get selected for Alamo before the Mountainerrs. They think it is a choice between tickets sold (Iowa State) and TV ratings (WVU led by Heisman candidate Will Grier).

Utter chaos hours before the selection show. I guess the ratings should be really high.

Sherman is banking on Iowa St to the Alamo and he has wvu in the CW. Iowa st did beat them and wvu is the sexier and more exciting pick. But there could be something said for Iowa st being closer and may bring as many if not more. My bet is ISU goes to the CW bowl because as much as some of us want a fun game and play wvu, the Alamo could be thinking the same thing with wvu vs Washington st.

Sherman is banking on Iowa St to the Alamo and he has wvu in the CW. Iowa st did beat them and wvu is the s e xier and more exciting pick. But there could be something said for Iowa st being closer and may bring as many if not more. My bet is ISU goes to the CW bowl because as much as some of us want a fun game and play wvu, the Alamo could be thinking the same thing with wvu vs Washington st.
Where do you think we are going?

Looking at ESPN ticker , it says Ohio State 76% chance to make CFP....??

From what I have seen, the majority of people think Oklahoma is in. I do not believe Ohio State has a chance. If the Sooners are shunned, it will be because of Georgia.
No doubt, espn must have their own formula or there just trying to get viewers for the selection show.

This is pretty bad.

We are not only losing to NC State but Miami, too.

ACC selection process:

1. Clemson to playoff
2. NC State to Camping World Bowl
3. Miami to Gator Bowl
4. Syracuse to Pinstripe Bowl

ACC can trade Music City Bowl to Gator Bowl with B1G. Although both Music City Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl are tier 1. In perception, Gator/Music City is better than Pinstripe.

This is pretty bad.

We are not only losing to NC State but Miami, too.

ACC selection process:

1. Clemson to playoff
2. NC State to Camping World Bowl
3. Miami to Gator Bowl
4. Syracuse to Pinstripe Bowl

ACC can trade Music City Bowl to Gator Bowl with B1G. Although both Music City Bowl and Pinstripe Bowl are tier 1. In perception, Gator/Music City is better than Pinstripe.
Don't forget lose the sun to 6 loss Pitt.

This whole week was annoying and the process is pretty absurd.

It should be locked in where you go by order of finish in conference. Or go by order of finish and the schools get to select where they go. Period. If the bowls and sponsors don’t want to play ball that way, then piss off. Make new bowls. Next company up. It should be about the teams and athletes.

This whole week was annoying and the process is pretty absurd.

It should be locked in where you go by order of finish in conference. Or go by order of finish and the schools get to select where they go. Period. If the bowls and sponsors don’t want to play ball that way, then piss off. Make new bowls. Next company up. It should be about the teams and athletes.

The whole thing is a abomination. Corporate asshats.

The whole thing is a abomination. Corporate asshats.

It's just so frustrating. Not only are we the second best ACC team in a year in which the Orange Bowl is a semi-final for the CFP and the match-up (vs WVU) that would most likely secure us the ACC's premier non-NY6 bowl game might not happen, but we are also "New York's College Team" in a time period when ESPN/ACC is trying to 1) get an ACCN channel on basic cable in the state of New York and 2) use our mercurial rise in football to help brand the ACC as the state of New York's college conference.

Since I am a glass half-full type of guy, I'm not giving up hope yet, but it is so frustrating since there are indeed "corporate" reasons why SU to CW might not happen.

Cheers,
Neil

At this point even if we get Camping World, I don't feel good about it.

If that happens I'm not surprised. I'd bet Swofford personally lobbied for good ole boy NC St. His attitude towards Yankee teams is take your check and shut up

Where is this coming from?

The ACC has treated us better than the Big East ever did. Tranghese lamented that he "should have done more" to get us into a bowl game in 2003. The Big East didn't even bother to fight for us a year we qualified and the ACC got us into the Texas Bowl in 2013 when everyone thought we were going to get something much less attractive.

And honestly, Swofford would want his second best team in the best possible bowl. If we get passed over it has nothing to do with John Swofford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom