Updated Bowl Projections | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

Where is this coming from?

The ACC has treated us better than the Big East ever did. Tranghese lamented that he "should have done more" to get us into a bowl game in 2003. The Big East didn't even bother to fight for us a year we qualified and the ACC got us into the Texas Bowl in 2013 when everyone thought we were going to get something much less attractive.

And honestly, Swofford would want his second best team in the best possible bowl. If we get passed over it has nothing to do with John Swofford.
He's the commish.lol a lot has to do with him

Two questions:
  1. About what time will we know for sure?
  2. I've heard that it is best that we buy tickets through the university? If so, then when do they go on sale?

Two questions:
  1. About what time will we know for sure?
  2. I've heard that it is best that we buy tickets through the university? If so, then when do they go on sale?

What irritates me is that we need to wait for the selection show which will focus 90% of it's time on the playoff teams. We probably will be limited to the scroll

We will get no football/basketball respect from the ACC until we go scorched earth on them.

Dino knows this. Im seeing a big, bad, angry team walking onto the field in 2019. It’s going to be a lot of fun watching this team take whats theres

im going with this for acc bowls.

playoff- clemson
camping-syracuse vs wvu
gator- nc state vs sec
sun- miami vs pac 12
belk- virginia vs sec
pinstripe- pitt /vt vs big ten
military-vt/pitt vs aac
independence- Georgia tech vs tbd
quick lane- bc vs tbd
birmingham, gasparilla or dallas- duke and wake forest

Last edited:
for playoffs i have: alabama vs nd and clemson vs oklahoma . no conf champ for nd slides oklahoma up

What irritates me is that we need to wait for the selection show which will focus 90% of it's time on the playoff teams. We probably will be limited to the scroll

Never watch shows like this - but that would surprise me. I’d expect ESPN would use this show to try to hype any bowl they are broadcasting - focusing entirely on playoffs that anyone watching this show is already going to watch would be a very stupid decision.

From what I have seen, the majority of people think Oklahoma is in. I do not believe Ohio State has a chance. If the Sooners are shunned, it will be because of Georgia.

Would not shock me to see OSU. The B1G has to much clout to be left out,

im going with this for acc bowls.

playoff- clemson
camping-syracuse vs wvu
gator- nc state vs sec
sun- miami vs pac 12
pinstripe- pitt /vt vs big ten
military-vt/pitt vs aac
independence- Georgia tech vs tbd
quick lane- bc vs tbd
birmingham, gasparilla or dallas- duke and wake forest

I think Gator bowl and Miami will be a lock.

And you left out Belk which is we're NC State would likely go in the Scenario

Then I'd imagine Virginia in the Sun Bowl... Or GT.

I think Gator bowl and Miami will be a lock.

And you left out Belk which is we're NC State would likely go in the Scenario

Then I'd imagine Virginia in the Sun Bowl... Or GT.

I know the answer but wth is some crappy miami team slotted for the gator instead of the toilet bowl?

I know the answer but wth is some crappy miami team slotted for the gator instead of the toilet bowl?

Not sure why that’s been predicted by some sportswriters.
They’ve been in the Gator Bowl twice.
Once in the 1950s.
The second time in 2000, before they joined the ACC.

This process was a cluster either way may be what he means

What cluster? It's a process that involves multiple entities with multiple interests with a bunch of variables, dependencies and then proceeding decisions made before different levels of selections.

If the bowl committees aren’t obligated to follow the guidelines for team selection (e.g. the Camping World Bowl since 2014 picks the #2 team in the ACC), what’s the point of having the guidelines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom