US v Honduras | Syracusefan.com

US v Honduras

The yellow on Brooks was a joe. This ref is letting Honduras assault our guys. I think Clint Dempsey is one more bad booking from taking the ref's book and ripping it.

Bradley needs to get his face off the milk carton and show up a little. Honduras is playing some damn rough. I hate how CONCACAF teams always muddy the game. The last game ref had 4 yellows in the first half. These CONCACAF teams dive and overblow ALL CONTACT it is so annoying.

Dempsey 25' 1-0 USA

Unbelievable what honduras is getting away with. They have let us get a bit more physical finally as well but still. Najars blast at the end he def threw yedlin away ... Thats more than jostling for position. Chandler needs to come out. He has been awful defensively and has missed 8 or 9 through ball opportunities to dempsey. Zardes learning a lesson on what comes with concacaf games that count.

I like jozys hold up play but i still think the speed up top in the friendlies is a better fit for this team. they have the midfield to give good service.

There's is no better theater acting than CONCACAF Futbol...except maybe South American Futbol. They have better dives than Greg Louganis.

There's is no better theater acting than CONCACAF Futbol...except maybe South American Futbol. They have better dives than Greg Louganis.
It is disgusting how the oversell ALL CONTACT and these freaking refs don't book the obvious acting. I watched the Panama-Haiti match and these guys would lay down for 3 minutes from minor contact and would come back on in 10 seconds.

CONCACAF teams outside of the USA-Canada-Costa Rica-Mexico flop crazy.

wow.. Welcome back to concacaf boys.. The vets looked disorganized compared to the youngsters on d. Alvarado is not going to be playing for long with that performance. 2nd half though was so poorly officiated. Refs had zero control of that match. They missed call after call and totally played into honduras hands by letting it be frenetic. Good 3 pts vs toughest group foe. Use next games to get it right and get organized.

I am watching, but I think soccer is way more entertaining when attractive women are playing.

I could not believe how poorly this game was officiated last night.

I honestly wish we had Bobby Wood on this roster or we actually used Johanssen, I mean Jurgen brings on Wondolowski? Seriously? Why not play someone that Dempsey can work with, wondo just seems like a body. We have Johanssen, Wood, Agudelo, youngster Morris. They all have shown they can play. Lets get them some experience in big games. Altidore hasn't played well in a year, its basically Dempsey by himself up top.

Bradley struggled again to make routine passes. Beckerman played well, good thing or the middle of the field would have been swiss cheese.

I thought Brad Evans had a few nice plays, Chandler scares me.

Where is Jermaine Jones and Geoff Cameron? Danny Williams? Brek Shea? We have players that can play, some of the roster choices just make me wonder.

But, we got 3 pts..

I could not believe how poorly this game was officiated last night.

I honestly wish we had Bobby Wood on this roster or we actually used Johanssen, I mean Jurgen brings on Wondolowski? Seriously? Why not play someone that Dempsey can work with, wondo just seems like a body. We have Johanssen, Wood, Agudelo, youngster Morris. They all have shown they can play. Lets get them some experience in big games. Altidore hasn't played well in a year, its basically Dempsey by himself up top.

Bradley struggled again to make routine passes. Beckerman played well, good thing or the middle of the field would have been swiss cheese.

I thought Brad Evans had a few nice plays, Chandler scares me.

Where is Jermaine Jones and Geoff Cameron? Danny Williams? Brek Shea? We have players that can play, some of the roster choices just make me wonder.

But, we got 3 pts..

Wood has a club situation but Morris being off makes no sense. Jozy looked disinterested half the time. Bradley struggled for sure but with Jozy out there his options for runners were limited. We are a better team witb youth and speed up top. I was also wondering why alvarado was in there at cb. Zardes did decrnt and should keep getting better. Chandler was a serious liability. Guzan also needs to get command of that back line and get them organized. Frustrating win given how they got there and then the god awful refs.

Wondo was a dumb selection. I still can't believe he missed that shot against Belgium last year. Any decent player puts that in the net.

The USMNT is gaining more depth at the youth level, but I understood leaving Wood off the roster he needed to find a club and be available for training with them. I would taken Brek Shea but Zardes won that starting spot.

Jozy is the only hold striker we have and we need to develop another one as when he is hurt like the last WC or he is disinterested like last night we struggle to generate offense in the course of play.
Bradley struggled outside of his superb service on the 2nd goal.

Our group in this Gold Cup is by far the toughest. Panama was runnerups in 2013, Honduras were semi-finalists. Haiti isn't scary though. We have 3 of the Hex in one group. Mexico has group with no threats and Costa Rica got Jamaica, El Salvidor, and road game with Canada.

With Mexico without Javier Hernandez we should win this Gold Cup and the important berth in the Confederations Cup.

Wondo was a dumb selection. I still can't believe he missed that shot against Belgium last year. Any decent player puts that in the net.

The USMNT is gaining more depth at the youth level, but I understood leaving Wood off the roster he needed to find a club and be available for training with them. I would taken Brek Shea but Zardes won that starting spot.

Jozy is the only hold striker we have and we need to develop another one as when he is hurt like the last WC or he is disinterested like last night we struggle to generate offense in the course of play.

Our group in this Gold Cup is by far the toughest. Panama was runnerups in 2013, Honduras were semi-finalists. Haiti isn't scary though. We have 3 of the Hex in one group. Mexico has group with no threats and Costa Rica got Jamaica, El Salvidor, and road game with Canada.

With Mexico without Javier Hernandez we should win this Gold Cup and the important berth in the Confederations Cup.
You should win, but you will have to go through us :cool::cool:

I would take Brek Shea at one of the outside back slots... I like Zardes and thought he played better than Yedlin.

I think the USA needs a 2nd central to develop. Either Alvarado or Omar Gonzalez develop into good defenders with John Brooks will we have the middle better. I like Fabian Johnson at LB and hope Timmy Chandler gets better at RB. Yedlin on the right and Zardes on the left are good MFs. Bradley probably has one more cycle. Dempsey will play thru next year's Copa America most likely. We need Jozy/Johnannson to step up.

Yedlin at Tottenham and Brooks could move up in the Bundsaliga are the future leaders.

I would take Brek Shea at one of the outside back slots... I like Zardes and thought he played better than Yedlin.
Ultimately if we are to make noise at the WC, I think both Yedlin and Zardes will need to be part of the equation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Klinsmann adds DeMarcus Beasley to the roster after the group stage to replace Chandler in the starting lineup. Winning this Gold Cup he is huge to play in the Confed Cup. Beating Spain in 2009 was awesome and then going up 2-0 at HT over Brazil before we gagged was great experience.

You should win, but you will have to go through us :cool::cool:
Let's see the Canadians advance out of the group stage first. I would love for Canada to win that group and put Costa Rica on the Mexico half of the knockout round. Canada has the 2nd toughest group and better get 3 points tonight against a weak El Salivdor team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Klinsmann adds DeMarcus Beasley to the roster after the group stage to replace Chandler in the starting lineup. Winning this Gold Cup he is huge to play in the Confed Cup. Beating Spain in 2009 was awesome and then going up 2-0 at HT over Brazil before we gagged was great experience.

Would be great if he called up Beasley

Would be great if he called up Beasley
I would do it. Let Beasley stay with Houston thru the group stage, and only use him for the 3 knockout games. This Gold Cup rules let you change up to 5 players in your 23 after the group stage. Beasley made himself available for the 35 player pool after retiring after the last WC.

This Gold Cup is ripe for the taking after the Mexican injuries. Avoiding the 1 game playoff would be a plus and winning the Gold Cup would help our ranking skyrocket which has caused us to fall down to 40th because CONCACAF hasn't had any official matches till this Gold Cup like the Europeans have had Euro qualifying and COMEBOL had the Copa America and Asian had the Asian Cup. Freaking Argentina passed Germany as number 1 because of Copa America matches and Germany kinda struggling in Euro qualifying.

I would do it. Let Beasley stay with Houston thru the group stage, and only use him for the 3 knockout games. This Gold Cup rules let you change up to 5 players in your 23 after the group stage. Beasley made himself available for the 35 player pool after retiring after the last WC.

This Gold Cup is ripe for the taking after the Mexican injuries. Avoiding the 1 game playoff would be a plus and winning the Gold Cup would help our ranking skyrocket which has caused us to fall down to 40th because CONCACAF hasn't had any official matches till this Gold Cup like the Europeans have had Euro qualifying and COMEBOL had the Copa America and Asian had the Asian Cup. Freaking Argentina passed Germany as number 1 because of Copa America matches and Germany kinda struggling in Euro qualifying.

We're ranked 27th right?

I'm in favor of adding Beasey, I would be surprised if he does though. Seems stubborn with his rosters.

Wondo has been dead to me since that Belgium game. The one reason Klinsmann put him on the WC roster to begin with was because of Wondo's reputation for making point blank shots like that! Epic gag job on the world's biggest stage. Donovan punches that goal in, that's a fact. You don't kick shots from 5 yards out over the cross bar!! Not at that level!

He wasted a brilliant effort by Tim Howard. By all rights Belgium should have won by 3 or 4 goals, but Howard was a brick wall. Should have stole that game in regulation! Thanks for nothing, Wondo. :bang:

Sorry, Alsacs struck a nerve. :)

We're ranked 27th right?

I'm in favor of adding Beasey, I would be surprised if he does though. Seems stubborn with his rosters.
Grant Wahl on FOX last night after the first match said our ranking right now is 40th because FIFA is rolling down some the points for all the teams in 2014 WC. We have been hurt because CONCACAF hasn't had competitive matches till this Gold Cup. Friendlies don't rank as much in the rating over competitive A matches. If we win the Gold Cup we would be in the 20's, with a loss in the Final in 30's and anything before that could fall down to the 40's. CONCACAF doesn't have as many competitive matches and that is why they do Gold Cups every 2 years and for the money.

Even thought we beat the Dutch and Germans on the road our ranking has gone down because the previous years weight matter less.

CJQnRi5WIAAftEA.jpg

Argentina leaked the new rankings prematurely. USA is 34th freaking Wales is 10th and is going to be seeded for Euro WC qualifying which is crazy. Gareth Bale is a stud, but Wales is not a top 10 team in the world or probably in Europe.

CJQnRi5WIAAftEA.jpg

Argentina leaked the new rankings prematurely. USA is 34th freaking Wales is 10th and is going to be seeded for Euro WC qualifying which is crazy. Gareth Bale is a stud, but Wales is not a top 10 team in the world or probably in Europe.

These rankings come off as such a joke

Do those of you that follow international soccer closely find the Elo rankings more appropriate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom