USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

There’s always going to be bottom feeders. Notre Dame might turn into one themselves when they join a new conference. This entire farce is going to cause less people to watch, not more. As far as I’m concerned college football left me a long time ago. It’s as boring and predictable as ever.
Yup. Very soon, I think I’ll have about as much interest as I do in AAA baseball. Hope the local team wins, but have zero passion for it.

Per Dennis Dodd:
One conference official reminded me that schools commit to a conference, not the other way around.

So, out with Vanderbilt and Missouri, in with Clemson and Miami? Out with Indiana and Purdue, in with Oregon and Washington?

The Big East booted Temple in 2001 for underperformance. Kansas State was on the verge of dropping football -- if the Big Eight didn't drop it first -- before Bill Snyder arrived in 1989.

It's a longshot, but judging by the events of Thursday, the scenario is not out of the question.

I could see Vandy leaving, but not the others. Remember Football drives but BBall adds content. If there is a split between Football Semi Pro and Academic, the B1G can have teams in both. Your USC, Michigan, Ohio State, etc in Semi Pro. Your Indiana, Purdue, etc in Academic. For BBall they are all the same league.

I just tweeted David Teel asking if he was aware of a link to the ACC GOR, particularly as it relates to Notre Dame. He appears to be on vaca but still active on Twitter.

Rise Lord Vader...
FWig8Q4XEAEdVJz

I could see Vandy leaving, but not the others. Remember Football drives but BBall adds content. If there is a split between Football Semi Pro and Academic, the B1G can have teams in both. Your USC, Michigan, Ohio State, etc in Semi Pro. Your Indiana, Purdue, etc in Academic. For BBall they are all the same league.

I don't think schools will have a choice. Dodd is speculating the conference will have a say on who stays. The schools who offer nothing could be looking over their shoulder (Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland, etc)

The GOR does not cover ND football, since football is not part of the ACC and NBC holds ND's TV rights, not ESPN or the ACC.

The GOR covers the other ND sports. That and the exit fee will have to be negotiated.
so in other words...the GOR for full members...and lets just make up #s here

if a full member wants out in 2025 it will cost them 100 Million.

75million for football and 25million for the Olympics.

so ND is not contractually obligated to the GOR for football, so for them to leave it would cost...

25mill.

they gone.

so in other words...the GOR for full members...and lets just make up #s here

so ND is not contractually obligated to the GOR for football, so for them to leave it would cost...

25mill.

they gone.
I think it will cost us 100-125 million to get out of the contract. Not a huge impediment.

There has been speculation by many that Oregon and Washington "are next". But as state schools will the the OR and WA state legislatures/politicians allow Oregon State and Washington State to left without a real conference committment (assuming PAC-12 will be done)? Remember that Syracuse was left out of the first ACC expansion because the State of Virginia politicians would not agree to ACC expansion without VA Tech. Maybe Utah and Colorado are mostly likely "next" to the B10 than OR and WA for that reason.

I think it will cost us 100-125 million to get out of the contract. Not a huge impediment.
chump change is right.

they gone.

I don't think schools will have a choice. Dodd is speculating the conference will have a say on who stays. The schools who offer nothing could be looking over their shoulder (Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland, etc)

Indiana BBall has value. The B1G also has the CIC which has value. Dodd is a dolt.

The conference died in the 90s. It cannot come back. I see no appeal to playing Marquette, DePaul, Creighton, Butler, Xavier. Now if we could get SU, BC, Pitt, UConn, Nova, St Johns, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Providence, West Virginia then sure.
We're in a minecraft world of conference reallignment i'm only interested in the OG arrangement. Even WVU would be debatable in that scenario. Gene Catlett can take a hike.

I CANNOT wait to get Jim Boeheim's opinion on USC/UCLA coming east. Jim says things and this should be fun

There has been speculation by many that Oregon and Washington "are next". But as state schools will the the OR and WA state legislatures/politicians allow Oregon State and Washington State to left without a real conference committment (assuming PAC-12 will be done)? Remember that Syracuse was left out of the first ACC expansion because the State of Virginia politicians would not agree to ACC expansion without VA Tech. Maybe Utah and Colorado are mostly likely "next" to the B10 than OR and WA for that reason.

That is a lot different. UVA had to vote for expansion and it got held up. In this case Oregon football survives or both Oregon and Oregon State football die. Why let both die if you can save one?

While FB is driving this, there are other sports besides FB. Having just USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon is a travel nightmare for non FB. It would make sense to also add Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and maybe Stanford to have an 7-8 team division for non FB sports.

We're in a minecraft world of conference reallignment i'm only interested in the OG arrangement. Even WVU would be debatable in that scenario. Gene Catlett can take a hike.

I CANNOT wait to get Jim Boeheim's opinion on USC/UCLA coming east. Jim says things and this should be fun

9 teams is a PIA for scheduling which is why I included WV.

If they approved playoff expansion, it only would've bought the ACC a little time. Texas/OU to SEC would've still been announced shortly after, and the Big Ten would've scrambled to raid the Pac-12/ACC.

We're approaching the endgame and I'm at peace with it.

25mill.

they gone.
There is also an exit fee. I think that it is around $50 million.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom