USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

the 1st thing the haves do...is see what they can have.

When it comes to the SEC, it isn't just market play, cultural fit is pretty important to them as well.

I think VPI is actually a better fit overall than UVA. And I don't think either one is going anywhere without the other. That's why this latest rumor is just hot garbage.

all joking aside, theres a lot of dumbass stupid opinions being thrown around in this room.

once again a lot of people needed to be sitting this one out, but alas...
My favorite from about 10 years ago was people on here really believing that

1.) College presidents knew who the Dude from WV and Frank the Tank were, and if they did
2.) Those same presidents actually took stock in what those basement jokers were spewing

I can see the B1G wanting UNC and UVA. Better cultural and academic fit than the SEC.
Clemson and FSU better fit for SEC. Though Florida may not want either FSU or Miami in the SEC. If that's the case it puts VaTech in play.

I can see the B1G wanting UNC and UVA. Better cultural and academic fit than the SEC.
Clemson and FSU better fit for SEC. Though Florida may not want either FSU or Miami in the SEC. If that's the case it puts VaTech in play.
A&M didn’t want Texas. Does that matter anymore? Serious question.

I think at this point it's less about individual institutions and who they don't want to be paired with and more about politically driven pairings of state schools. That's where we're at now.

The only way for the SEC to permanently cut off any threat of entry to the Southeastern markets by the B1G is to merge with the ACC. Otherwise, there will be opportunities for the B1G to enter those markets.

They add footprint thus more eyeballs. Basically B1G and SEC think their teams are good enough to carry the whole conference, so they add punchbags into the mix. That is why Pitt and SU could be more attractive than Florida St, NC State, Duke and Virginia Tech if SEC wants to expand much bigger.
If we have to be the Washington Generals to tOSU so be it.

No.

States can have 1 relevant football team or they can have none (see VA & NC) others might have 2 if they can really play football (TX, SC & FL)

Here is my "I know this is never going to happen, so I'm going to just push it past reality and be dumb".

Remaining ACC and Pac teams join forces and, if they are boring, name it "PACC". If they want to ruffle some feathers (and please don't take this as anything truly political, it's a joke) "Coastal Elites Conference".

So we do the CEC. All teams remaining. Instead of a conference title GAME, we do a conference title TOURNEY. Top 4 teams invited, all games in VEGAS (I think this location was floated in one of the articles).

For conference media day, all teams must cut a wwe-esque promo. Keep it relatively civil, but we'll need to find our conference's mean gene okerlund.

We say we'll start games whenever is needed. CEC after dark? You bet. 9am PT start for bloody marys and bacon, fine. Turkey bacon to rub in the "CEC" thing, sure. vegan bacon (again, no judging), just to really grind some gears, why not?

And I want a collaborative NIL PR machine that celebrates when the replacement swimmer on a 4x100 relay gets a $100 gift certificate from Applebees because he made a funny Tik Tok, let alone the well known football and bball players. I don't know if that's legal as a conference, but who cares, right?

BBall, let's celebrate our west coast brethren and start a brand new pre-season tourney! Let's do a pre-season tourney on the west coast in, you guessed it, Vegas (backup LA). I haven't thought this through. Apologies.

If we're going to be relegated, let's at least be entertaining and have some fun. And be in Vegas a lot.

if they dont value $$$$, then they are:

1. foolish
2. set up for disaster
3. foolish

they will drop them and move on in a heartbeat, not even worth discussing.

they are more wedded to NCST.

both schools are likely better off not being in the same conference for hoop, they could market that game or games by itself outside of conference affilation and keep all the $$$ for themselves.

oh yeah, you basically said they dont value $$ and value that little rivalry more...so give me the $$ generated.
You’re probably right - but you’re also very much outlining the current problem with college athletics.

Fans don’t care about how much money their school is making. They care about winning (money helps there obviously) and tradition.

“Look, all new teams we play all the time! Isn’t it great?!” Sucks. We know

When it comes to the SEC, it isn't just market play, cultural fit is pretty important to them as well.

I think VPI is actually a better fit overall than UVA. And I don't think either one is going anywhere without the other. That's why this latest rumor is just hot garbage.
IF, UVA was in the Big10, and VT was in the SEC, I’m sure the VA pols would be just fine with it. Their places would be cemented, and they could always play each other OOC.

God. This all just blows. My favorite sport - becoming Triple A baseball. Morons. I thought these were colleges. Not Google. All of the fun were regional rivalries. That and hating the NDs, TOSU, Bama’s of the world.

Guess there’s always soccer.

You don't think fans of Central Florida, Cincinnati, Boise State and North Dakota State have fun? We are more likely to be them at our best than to be Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama or Oklahoma. Why do we have to be at the highest level of college football when that plateau becomes more and more restrictive? Most of the best basketball programs won't be there, either. And lower-tier conferences are likely to make more geographical sense because they aren't obsessed with the big money.

I just can't see Virginia in the SEC.

The right move for the Big Ten IMO would be to offer FSU and Miami rather than wait on Notre Dame
Did you honestly see UCLA in the B1G? I don't think perception matters anymore. All that culture this, rivalry that doesn't mean jack squat anymore. It's only about money and college football is no longer a regional sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom