USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

Some talk show guy I was listening to about a month ago said the Big 10 will get something done with NBC and give ND those games as part of the package to get them in the conference while still giving them their own network.

Some talk show guy I was listening to about a month ago said the Big 10 will get something done with NBC and give ND those games as part of the package to get them in the conference while still giving them their own network.

Doesn't matter if you believe ND who says the independence is the juice, not the money.

Ultimately the networks are the conferences at this point.

The Big10 and SEC want no part of a GOR legal battle. They’ve said as much. They’ll just wait it out and plan to announce an expansion in another 10-12 years when the GOR is nearing expiration.

I.e. SU has 8-10 years to right the ship

No, it is safe. Been a few announcements on this issue. USC made sure to protect the game.
why would USC 'protect' the game??

thats stupid, its ND who should be 'protecting' every game...

why would USC 'protect' the game??

thats stupid, its ND who should be 'protecting' every game...
It was part if the agreement to join. USC demanded it continued. It has been covered in many articles.

Our game is safe.

It was part if the agreement to join. USC demanded it continued. It has been covered in many articles.

Our game is safe.
im not denying that, im just stunned they care.

it doesnt make any sense for them to care.

unless, the b1g has told them to care...until they tell them to drop it.

it makes USC look good to say that.

fact of the matter is, once theyre routinely playing at either Wiscy, Columbus, Ann Arbor, Penn St and even Rutgers...there will be no need for a stop in South Bend.

im not denying that, im just stunned they care.

it doesnt make any sense for them to care.

unless, the b1g has told them to care...until they tell them to drop it.

it makes USC look good to say that.

fact of the matter is, once theyre routinely playing at either Wiscy, Columbus, Ann Arbor, Penn St and even Rutgers...there will be no need for a stop in South Bend.
ND is Southern Cal's top rival. Have been for almost 100 years.

It is the top regular intersectional rivalry game in the country.

They have played every year since 1926 except 1942 and 2020.

Southern Cal (and Stanford) killed a Pac 12 deal to play Big Ten teams a few years ago because they wanted to keep the annual ND games instead.

They care. They care about the ND game more than any other.

Southern Cal (and Stanford) killed a Pac 12 deal to play Big Ten teams a few years ago because they wanted to keep the annual ND games instead.

More than UCLA?

ND-USC has been a good rivalry and once every decade or two, the game has possible NC ramifications.
It isn’t remotely comparable to Alabama-Auburn or Michigan-Ohio State or many other rivalry games in terms of national significance. That ended decades ago.

I agree it is the top regular intersectional rivalry game in the country. That said, as far as I can tell, it is the only regular intersectional rivalry game in the country. Unless you count ND-Stanford.

I believe that Navy is the team ND has played the most.

I don’t know how long they played; but Florida Florida St. has been more of a must see than anybody ND or USC plays. IMHO

Intersectional? Are there others?

I think the Big Ten leaving ESPN completely is great for the ACC. It opens up new tv slots and ensures ESPN needs to prop up the ACC. Maybe I’m naive but I take that as a good sign.
The less content to fill spots, the better for the ACC. Gets more prime time spots. I could see Big 10 basketball going down a little bit. What will there exposure be during the week? Fox sports?

This is positive news. ESPN needs content and i now feel like the Pac Acc deal will happen. What i read is that there will be cross conf games and potentially a mini post season championship series. Possibly including more than the two league champs.

good for them.

the rest of the country doesnt give a flying fluck.

More than UCLA?
Yes. The USC attitude - "UCLA? My maid went to UCLA." The only reason that USC-ND isn't the last game of every year is that John McKay got tired of "freezing" in South Bend in November, so the game there is played in October and the last game of the year in LA. The Cali team plays in SB in Oct and ND plays in Cali in the Nov season-ender.

It's not called "the University of Spoiled Children" for nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom