USC is NOT Firing Clay Helton | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

USC is NOT Firing Clay Helton

KK to USC is great news for us, they now have their HC in waiting...

KK to USC is great news for us, they now have their HC in waiting...

I dont look at it that way, but I still think this is positive for SU. If Helton can't get it done, my guess is Kingsbury will be jettisoned with him. If that happens, maybe USC will be loathe to hire someone with a gimmicky offense.

This would be great! Dino wouldn’t have to leave potentially. Obviously Swann knows Helton is in over his head and this move is helping HIM out the most. Helton can just manage things and not worry about coaching the offense which was a disaster with him. Even as HC Helton will be pushed further down the trough. Great move. The fanbase was truly worried about who was going to be hired...

Report: Louise Helton set to become USC's Offensive Coordinator

1. 8039313.jpg

This would be great! Dino wouldn’t have to leave potentially. Obviously Swann knows Helton is in over his head and this move is helping HIM out the most. Helton can just manage things and not worry about coaching the offense which was a disaster with him. Even as HC Helton will be pushed further down the trough. Great move. The fanbase was truly worried about who was going to be hired...

Report: Louise Helton set to become USC's Offensive Coordinator

1. 8039313.jpg

Is Louise back in the driver's seat for OC?

Devastated. He probably spent 5 min with Helton and said get me out of here.

Devastated. He probably spent 5 min with Helton and said get me out of here.

Or an NFL team said hey come make a lot more money to coach an NFL team, which has probably always been a dream of yours. That seems slightly more logical.

Or an NFL team said hey come make a lot more money to coach an NFL team, which has probably always been a dream of yours. That seems slightly more logical.

Yeah no brainer. IF he flames out he makes a boat load of money and then takes a job as either a OC in the NFL or probably a HC somewhere in college or worst case a OC at a top college program like a USC, either way he's way ahead of the game financially and probably set.

Yep, that was the driver that made the decision to take a NFL HC job.

HA!! yes money and the chance to coach at the highest level of the game had nothing to do with it. It was Helton that drove him to seek a promotion that really is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most. Hey, if they are offering anyone in their right mind is taking that job. USC people are nuts

Hey Joe, I know you have a nice job right now and landed on your feet after being laid off but how would you like a promotion to most likely at a minimum triple your salary and get an opportunity that many will never get. You may fall on your face but the buyout package will leave you better off financially in 2 years and you can always go back to where you are now down the road. In addition your new job that you are leaving us for looks toxic with your boss probably a dead man walking.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom