USMNT soccer team thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-1 USA we have settled down but need to develop a back 4 without Johnson so he can play in the MF.

Played well the remainder of the game. Tough to take away too much as StVin is bad.

Played well the remainder of the game. Tough to take away too much as StVin is bad.
T&T beat Guatemala 2-0 on the road. We will have a tough game on the road this upcoming game. Jermaine Jones hurt his hamstring late I hope he can play.

T&T beat Guatemala 2-0 on the road. We will have a tough game on the road this upcoming game. Jermaine Jones hurt his hamstring late I hope he can play.

Jurgen said he is good to go for Tuesday in his post game presser FWIW. Liked what I saw from Wood. Johnson looked good in the midfield as well.

In other CONCACAF games.
Group A
Mexico 3 pts +3
Canada 3 pts +1
Honduras 0pts -1
El Salvador 0pts -3

Group B
Panama 3 pts +2
Costa Rica 3 pts +1
Haiti 0pts -1
Jamaica 0pts -2

Group C
USA 3pts +5
Trinidad & Tobago 3 pts +1
Guatemala 0pts -1
St. Vincents 0pts -5

Next matches.
Mexico@Honduras, Canada@El Salvador, Costa Rica@Panama, Jamaica@Haiti, USA@T&T, Guatemala@SV&G

If we beat T&T on the road our group will be over. We are getting thru no matter what but this is our toughest match of this stage. I want to see who gets 2nd in Group A and B. I would rather travel to Canada than Honduras in the Hex. Jamaica really choked at home vs. Panama. Panama has more experience but they are getting older while Jamaica is developing more athletes and has more upside. However, Kingston is less hostile than Panama City

Game vs. T&T tonight at 6:30, on BeIn Sports or NBC Universo

I know you guys are big USMNT fans,d on't forget the Cuse soccer team starts NCAA play Sunday up on the hill with a legit shot to win the National Title.

Interesting, bumping Zardes to striker and removing Wood. Then, Yedlin to the outside mid for Zardes. Not sure I like Orozco-Fiscal at outside back but I guess we'll see.

Interesting, bumping Zardes to striker and removing Wood. Then, Yedlin to the outside mid for Zardes. Not sure I like Orozco-Fiscal at outside back but I guess we'll see.
We are playing for a draw. I don't like this lineup. I don't know why but I feel Jermaine Jones is going to get a red card tonight. I really hope we can get a result I still don't get why Dempsey wasn't on this roster. Tonight is where we would have needed him badly.

I know you guys are big USMNT fans,d on't forget the Cuse soccer team starts NCAA play Sunday up on the hill with a legit shot to win the National Title.
I hope we get some revenge on Georgetown. 5 of the top 7 being ACC is insane.

We are playing for a draw. I don't like this lineup. I don't know why but I feel Jermaine Jones is going to get a red card tonight. I really hope we can get a result I still don't get why Dempsey wasn't on this roster. Tonight is where we would have needed him badly.

I thought Wood deserved another start up top, he just scores goals, even though I think this is Zardes more natural position. Would rather have seen Yedlin stay at RB and bring on Nagbe who could play pinched in and allow Yedlin to get forward.

Looks like a stay at home defense with pace on the outside for counter attacks...

I want you remain manager Klinsmann but please stop it with Bradley in the #10 position. Jones has old man legs and need play deeper. I want Bradley in a playmaker positiion but the other MF needs to play deeper.

I want you remain manager Klinsmann but please stop it with Bradley in the #10 position. Jones has old man legs and need play deeper. I want Bradley in a playmaker positiion but the other MF needs to play deeper.

Bradley playing piss poor in the first half. SO many bad passes. The Bradley and Jones pairing is not working, and having Yedlin at RM makes it worse because we can't keep possession.

I want Nagbe and Wood in the second half. Zardes first touch killed way to many possessions in the first.

This game begged for a 3-5-2, and Jurgen just wouldn't do it.

When he subbed on Nagbe he could've went:

-------Altidore------Wood--------
--------------Nagbe---------------
Johnson--Jones--Bradley--Yedlin
----Cameron--Besler--Orozco------

But instead we draw 0-0. Bradley's passing in the final third killed us, along with Zardes' touch and finishing. Wood and Nagbe start, and we win IMO. The Jones and Bradley pairing just does not create chances. I have to give Jozy credit, he played well tonight. Nagbe just exudes class when he is on the field and can definitely fill an attacking mid role moving forward.

Last edited:
T&T is decent so a draw on the road in this stage is okay but next round we would need 3 points if T&T advances.
We need 6 points when we play Guatemala as T&T won in Guatemala last time.

T&T is decent so a draw on the road in this stage is okay but next round we would need 3 points if T&T advances.
We need 6 points when we play Guatemala as T&T won in Guatemala last time.

I just don't get Jurgen. We played two tweener CBs at FB with two guys who play FB for us at outside mid. Then centrally we play Jones and Bradley. Who is going to create chances for us???? Bradley hasn't done schlit since the WC and Jones was playing with a bum hammy. Johnson was the only one who instilled any danger. Yedlin is not technically good enough to play in the midfield right now. Maybe as a super sub vs. tired legs but not a full 90.

This wasn't a lineup that was designed to attack for 3 pts and it showed.

I just don't get Jurgen. We played two tweener CBs at FB with two guys who play FB for us at outside mid. Then centrally we play Jones and Bradley. Who is going to create chances for us???? Bradley hasn't done schlit since the WC and Jones was playing with a bum hammy. Johnson was the only one who instilled any danger. Yedlin is not technically good enough to play in the midfield right now. Maybe as a super sub vs. tired legs but not a full 90.

This wasn't a lineup that was designed to attack for 3 pts and it showed.
I said when the lineup was posted we were playing for a draw. Klinsmann needed a draw to keep his job. So we played tight and got the draw. Bradley has been out of form since he came back to the MLS for the money. I wish he stayed in Roma but wanted to live close to home. MLS hurts the USMNT developing world class players. It has just built up depth players no world class players. Our hope is Green developing at Bayern Munich and Zelalem developing at Rangers and Arsenal.

I said when the lineup was posted we were playing for a draw. Klinsmann needed a draw to keep his job. So we played tight and got the draw. Bradley has been out of form since he came back to the MLS for the money. I wish he stayed in Roma but wanted to live close to home. MLS hurts the USMNT developing world class players. It has just built up depth players no world class players. Our hope is Green developing at Bayern Munich and Zelalem developing at Rangers and Arsenal.

I still think we can do better with the players we have, but I very well could be wrong.

Copa America Centario locations have been announced...

151119-copa-venues-map-1650x580v2.png

Jordan Morris signs with the Seattle Sounders. Had a training session with Werder Bremen and I think an offer, but sounds like he decided to stay home.

Kid is 21 years old I wish he went to Europe and played against better competition. USA needs players playing in the UEFA CCL not in MLS. I guess he wants to live in the USA over playing in the better league.

MLS will never grow to be a top 5 league as the calender won't allow it. I hope the kid has a good year and a European team becomes interested in him and goes over there.

Kid is 21 years old I wish he went to Europe and played against better competition. USA needs players playing in the UEFA CCL not in MLS. I guess he wants to live in the USA over playing in the better league.

MLS will never grow to be a top 5 league as the calender won't allow it. I hope the kid has a good year and a European team becomes interested in him and goes over there.

I used to have this argument with STOrange all the time...

I used to argue the same thing.

But the key is "play"...he has to play wherever he goes and, in soccer, that can be really tough.

It is not like our sports where you can throw a kid out there for a few minutes and see if he can produce...in soccer, you get three subs...you have to use one early because the kid is overwhelmed and the manager has a problem...

I've see far too many US players head overseas and never see the field..better to start out in the US knowing he'll see game action and then, as his game matures, potentially head overseas...

The other thing that has become clear to me is that, tactically, young US players are way behind their European counterparts...

Think of it like Boeheim and the zone...unless a kid is really good, if he cannot grasp the zone he is not going to see the floor...same thing in European soccer..if a player doesn't grasp the tactical nuances, he will not see the field...

And a kid in college is not going to have the required level of tactical sophistication to play for a club like Werder Bremen...

I used to have this argument with STOrange all the time...

I used to argue the same thing.

But the key is "play"...he has to play wherever he goes and, in soccer, that can be really tough.

It is not like our sports where you can throw a kid out there for a few minutes and see if he can produce...in soccer, you get three subs...you have to use one early because the kid is overwhelmed and the manager has a problem...

I've see far too many US players head overseas and never see the field..better to start out in the US knowing he'll see game action and then, as his game matures, potentially head overseas...

The other thing that has become clear to me is that, tactically, young US players are way behind their European counterparts...

Think of it like Boeheim and the zone...unless a kid is really good, if he cannot grasp the zone he is not going to see the floor...same thing in European soccer..if a player doesn't grasp the tactical nuances, he will not see the field...

And a kid in college is not going to have the required level of tactical sophistication to play for a club like Werder Bremen...
I agree, I have never said a kid should not go to Europe if there is a great opportunity. I also am an MLS supporter and am happy when the best players stay or return. I think the ideal situation is the Dempsey scenario, play some of your prime years in the top leagues then return for the latter years of your career. I disagree with the comment the MLS will "never" be a top league. I took my sons to their first game in 2005, San Jose at the then called Metrostars. The announced crowd was 8000 and I doubt there was half that many there. It was kind of sad.....flash forward to today and the league has done a complete turnaround and is thriving. 20 years from now , with the changes with the demigraphics of the population who knows how big mls can get. I will agree that it will not be a top league in anytime soon.

Matt Miazga, of NYRB and USMNT (20 yo), to sign with Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.