USMNT vs. Jamaica | Syracusefan.com

USMNT vs. Jamaica

CUSU

Starter
Well, I am excited to watch the match tonight. I have been enjoying this Gold Cup even with the horrendous officiating.

Do we go with the same lineup tonight? The only change I would make is removing Timmy Chandler and maybe bringing on Beasley. Though, I have a feeling Jurgen will stick with the same lineup and bring on Beasley only if necessary. Maybe Jon Brooks will be back on for Gonzales at CB after having to sit out for the yellows.

Well, I am excited to watch the match tonight. I have been enjoying this Gold Cup even with the horrendous officiating.

Do we go with the same lineup tonight? The only change I would make is removing Timmy Chandler and maybe bringing on Beasley. Though, I have a feeling Jurgen will stick with the same lineup and bring on Beasley only if necessary. Maybe Jon Brooks will be back on for Gonzales at CB after having to sit out for the yellows.

Would love to see Beasley patrolling the flank tonight.

4-2-3-1 liked I was talking about a week ago! Excited to see how they do with it.

Johnson, Brooks, Alvarado, Evans for the back 4
Bradley and Beckerman as holding mids
Bedoya and Zardes on the wings
Dempsey at CAM and Johanssen at Striker

Soccer shouldn't be played in a Dome imho It just looks really dark in there and unnatural.

Tough first half, were controlling the game until the throw in header.. Inexcusable for that to happen.

Lost 2-1...

Embarrassing and very disappointing.

Lost off of two set pieces.

Last edited:
If we were a world power this would be a fire-able offense game. Seriously our players had no interest this entire tournament outside of Dempsey.

Disgusting performance we let Jamaica control the pace and invited pressure in our defensive third the entire game. We deserved to lose and now we will have a 1 game playoff for the 2017 Confederation Cup bid. I am assuming Mexico wins this thing.
Our team plays to the competition and had no respect for these CONCACAF teams. First home loss to a Caribbean team since 1968.

BTW one more thing our defenders flat out were horrible. We need to seriously hope our back 4 improves greatly if we want to become a good team. Carlos Bocanegra and Steve Cherundolo have never been replaced.

BTW one more thing our defenders flat out were horrible. We need to seriously hope our back 4 improves greatly if we want to become a good team. Carlos Bocanegra and Steve Cherundolo have never been replaced.
Really missing Geoff Cameron who's club held him from participating.. Why no Beasley?

Jamaica's keeper couldn't handle the ball. Literally could not prevent second chance opportunities from a shot with a bit of velocity. Yet only one goal. Any team worth it's weight in salt...

Jamaica's keeper couldn't handle the ball. Literally could not prevent second chance opportunities from a shot with a bit of velocity. Yet only one goal. Any team worth it's weight in salt...

Their defense actually isn't bad and gave up only one goal to Argentina. Still a bad loss..

Their defense actually isn't bad and gave up only one goal to Argentina. Still a bad loss..

True. And there were many green shirts camped in front of their goal making quality shots through a difficult task (but that Johanssen second chance header over the crossbar: head it down son!). The game was there for the taking, and it's a frustrating end to a very winnable Cup.

True. And there were many green shirts camped in front of their goal making quality shots through a difficult task (but that Johanssen second chance header over the crossbar: head it down son!). The game was there for the taking, and it's a frustrating end to a very winnable Cup.

Exactly, put that header on target and we are golden.. Sucks because he played a good game and created a lot of chances. Very frustrating loss, so many chances. He had that one when the goalie tried to cut it back.

Exactly, put that header on target and we are golden.. Sucks because he played a good game and created a lot of chances. Very frustrating loss, so many chances. He had that one when the goalie tried to cut it back.

I was very pleased with his performance. Loved the pressure on the goalie in the first half that you mentioned, his persistence almost paid off.

October 9th 2014. Rose Bowl will be the CONCACAF playoff game between the USA and Mexico/Jamaica/Panama.

We will have to callin the A squad for this match. I would expect Tim Howard in net, Cameron in D, and all of our best players as this game will be for the Confederations Cup berth in Russia.

Whatever happened to Bocanegra?

E: Nvm, just googled him, I didn't realize he was 36. Sucks getting old.

BTW, I am watching the Mexico-Panama I never realized it till now but the Mexican fans are yelling a slur every goal kid. I typically like to watch these games on mute because I can multi-task, but I have the volume on and its pretty clear the Mexican fans are yelling anti-gay slur every goal kid. I wonder why FIFA doesn't crack down on it.

Whatever happened to Bocanegra?

E: Nvm, just googled him, I didn't realize he was 36. Sucks getting old.
He got old and Klinsmann moved on. He wasn't on the WC roster, but Bocanegra was a good captain and solid central defender who could score on set pieces.

I didn't realize I missed the game. Now I'm glad I did. We lost to JAMAICA?! JAMAICA?!! AT HOME??!!

:bang::vomit:couchburnOh Lord

Was GRob coaching tonight?

Thank the Lord for the U.S. Women's team.

October 9th 2014. Rose Bowl will be the CONCACAF playoff game between the USA and Mexico/Jamaica/Panama.

We will have to callin the A squad for this match. I would expect Tim Howard in net, Cameron in D, and all of our best players as this game will be for the Confederations Cup berth in Russia.
This is the problem what is the A squad anymore? Yes Cameron is hurt but Klinsmann had already phased him out by not calling him last spring for friendlies. Lets look at our presumptive A squad: Bradley is obviously on the A squad but he consistently has not shown up in tournaments. Altidore looks completely lost when he plays for the US. Beckerman is slow as molasses and can't compete athletically at the international level anymore. Chandler and Yedlin are both okay going forward, albeit a bit one dimensional, and terrible at defense. Zusi was never athletic enough for this level and hasn't gotten better a year after the world cup. Zardes is raw and proven. Besler pissed off Klinsie by not taking his camp cupcake seriously. Wondolowski is a classic AAAA player who will never make it in the big leagues.

Of the A squad the only players who are doing okay are Mixx Diskerund, Johannson, Fab and Dempsey. We are paying for the failure of losing out on a generation of players. The last generation to produce at the senior level was the Altidore/Bradley one and in the last 8-10 years we haven't had younger guys develop.

The only proven A squad guys we could conceivably call up are Besler, assuming Klinsman can swallow his pride, DMB who retired but was on the squad anyways, Cameron who again was being phased up, Danny Williams, Timmy who while great won't help solves the team's shitty play... and ???

Klinsmann needs to rebuild the squad from scratch and look at 25 and under players primarily with a few exceptions. Our program is at a crossroads right now and I have zero faith that Klinsmann is the man to lead it forward, not because of his coaching or strategy but simply because the man is an a$$ who plays politics and holds grudges and refuses to give everyone a fair shot.

Do we have any U - 20s who might be ready for the WC?

Zelalem (18yo) the Arsenal man could be ready. I have liked the play of Bobby Wood and the youngster Jordan Morris, they both have pace. Personally I like Brek Shea's play but he never seems to make Klinsmann's cut.

Our u-20 made the WC QFs and lost to the eventual champion Serbia on PKs.

We have some talent Rubio Rubin-F,Utrecht, Emerson Hyndman MF-Fulham, Gedion Zelalem MF, Arsenal, Cameron Carter-Vickers D-Tottenham Hotspur(This guy is my personal favorite)

Hopefully these 4 are future stalwarts on the Senior team.

This is the problem what is the A squad anymore? Yes Cameron is hurt but Klinsmann had already phased him out by not calling him last spring for friendlies. Lets look at our presumptive A squad: Bradley is obviously on the A squad but he consistently has not shown up in tournaments. Altidore looks completely lost when he plays for the US. Beckerman is slow as molasses and can't compete athletically at the international level anymore. Chandler and Yedlin are both okay going forward, albeit a bit one dimensional, and terrible at defense. Zusi was never athletic enough for this level and hasn't gotten better a year after the world cup. Zardes is raw and proven. Besler pissed off Klinsie by not taking his camp cupcake seriously. Wondolowski is a classic AAAA player who will never make it in the big leagues.

Of the A squad the only players who are doing okay are Mixx Diskerund, Johannson, Fab and Dempsey. We are paying for the failure of losing out on a generation of players. The last generation to produce at the senior level was the Altidore/Bradley one and in the last 8-10 years we haven't had younger guys develop.

The only proven A squad guys we could conceivably call up are Besler, assuming Klinsman can swallow his pride, DMB who retired but was on the squad anyways, Cameron who again was being phased up, Danny Williams, Timmy who while great won't help solves the team's shitty play... and ???

Klinsmann needs to rebuild the squad from scratch and look at 25 and under players primarily with a few exceptions. Our program is at a crossroads right now and I have zero faith that Klinsmann is the man to lead it forward, not because of his coaching or strategy but simply because the man is an a$$ who plays politics and holds grudges and refuses to give everyone a fair shot.

The U20 or U21 team, whatever it is, has actually been doing quite well. I like some of our younger players.

I think Jurgen has been doing what you want on defense, getting younger guys in the mix and getting them ready for this stage. Jon Brooks is 22 and so is Alvarado. I think our A-team CBs would be Geoff Cameron and Jermaine Jones but both couldn't play this tournament. Fabian Johnson has been playing well on the left but I dont think our RBs have been playing well. Maybe Jon Brooks and Jones could play CB and mvoe Geoff Cameron to RB like he plays in the BPL? I didnt think our defense played bad against Jamaica.. we gave up two set piece goals.

I saw Johanssen step up when Jozy was sucking, Dempsey is getting old and you can tell, but he played very well. We need a replacement for Beckerman and I think Danny Williams can play that role, well at that. Should we have lost to Jamaica? No, but if we played that team 10 times I bet we win 8. Don't think I am not disappointed with the result either.. it is inexcusable. Lets see if we make it to the confederations cup and how we do.

I honestly feel our team is setting up well for the future..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom