Uva | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uva

Congratulations Mr. Hoo!! If SU can't be there, UVA Orange will have to do for now. Only two wins to go!!

Absolutely not. I don't get the lovefest considering the board literally has had a meltdown over SUs stature in the conference. If Bennett lost last night with his best team ever, he probably listens to the UCLA offer. That's at SU benefit as a void becomes available to be filled. The ACC has made this board soft. Imagine pulling for UCONN and Louisville during their championship runs while this program was still in the Big East.

Absolutely not. I don't get the lovefest considering the board literally has had a meltdown over SUs stature in the conference. If Bennett lost last night with his best team ever, he probably listens to the UCLA offer. That's at SU benefit as a void becomes available to be filled. The ACC has made this board soft. Imagine pulling for UCONN and Louisville during their championship runs while this program was still in the Big East.

Yeah I’m with you. I get people liking Bennett, but the posters rooting for Duke are particularly annoying. Money talks though.

Imagine pulling for UCONN and Louisville during their championship runs while this program was still in the Big East.

Eh. I like seeing teams win who’ve never been there before. With UVA it’s close enough.

UVA isn’t in the same category as Lville and DEFINITELY not Uconn.

Yeah I’m with you. I get people liking Bennett, but the posters rooting for Duke are particularly annoying. Money talks though.

NCAA units aren't worth it.

Eh. I like seeing teams win who’ve never been there before. With UVA it’s close enough.

UVA isn’t in the same category as Lville and DEFINITELY not Uconn.

Yeah when the hell did UVA become those sleazebags? Just as some don’t understand the “lovefest” I don’t understand why you can’t be happy for Bennett and by the way, if our program can actually start recruiting better players, particularly at the point and at center, that would help us a lot more than UVA getting knocked off in the Elite 8

Yeah, if they all come back next year, and they probably will, we face them in the opener. Not an easy way to start a season with a young, unproven team. They might be a Final Four team with almost everybody back.

Yeah when the hell did UVA become those sleazebags? Just as some don’t understand the “lovefest” I don’t understand why you can’t be happy for Bennett and by the way, if our program can actually start recruiting better players, particularly at the point and at center, that would help us a lot more than UVA getting knocked off in the Elite 8

So root for Duke as I'm sure you're already doing since they recruit well and aren't UConn, Louisville and Georgetown. The basketball side is soft and miserable. UCLA would never root for SC. UNC would never root for Duke or NC State.

This constant gushing about a rival ACC school by SU fans is so bizarre. I see UVA the same way I viewed Nova, UConn and GTown in the Big East.

Hope they all lose from here to eternity.

Eh, I think sports have changed and most of us are old enough that we started hating other BE teams when we were kids and that hate brewed slowly into vile contempt over decades. Maybe it's because I live in the DMV and I'm sure part of it is I have work and kids and a wife and other stuff I need to do more than concentrate solely on cuse hoops all year, but I just don't find I feel that way about ACC teams. They all sort of just seem like casual acquaintances with the exception of maybe Duke/UNC.

Bennett just seems like, publicly at least, a good guy and he's clearly a phenomenal coach. So I'm not sure why I would be so irate that they're finally getting to the final four. but maybe i'm just old and soft now.

Yeah, if they all come back next year, and they probably will, we face them in the opener. Not an easy way to start a season with a young, unproven team. They might be a Final Four team with almost everybody back.

My guess is that it will be an incredibly difficult way to start the season no matter what happens to either roster. We just haven't played well early for years at this point.

I lived in Virginia for 30 years...it treated me well. Virginia state universities are a wonderful option if you raise kids there. My kids went to William & Mary, not UVA, but I'm pretty fond of Charlottesville as well. UVA has had good teams for a number of years but couldn't get to the final 4. One year we beat their superior team to go to the final four and I'm still proud of that SU team though it wasn't our best.

This year UVA won a big game and kudos to them. It's not their fault that SU isn't what we'd like them to be right now. We have had our opportunities...this year it's theirs. We joined the ACC to make money and it's worked out. We have lots of reasons we haven't competed the way we want to, but that's on us, not on other ACC programs. So yeah...until next season I'm a hoo fan and am fine with it.

UVA is our last hope to beat Duke. K owns Izzo. A newbie to the big stage in Texas Tech will get no calls from the refs. We already saw Duke destroy UK. Auburn w/o that knee injury guy are cooked. Help us UVA, you're our only hope.

So root for Duke as I'm sure you're already doing since they recruit well and aren't UConn, Louisville and Georgetown. The basketball side is soft and miserable. UCLA would never root for SC. UNC would never root for Duke or NC State.

I never root for Duke, they are our new equivalent of Georgetown, UVA isn’t. And I am not necessarily rooting for them going forward either.

There is still a thing called sportsmanship and TB seems like a true gentleman and one hell of a coach. I don’t know how anyone could’ve handled the first 16 vs 1 seed upset as well as he did- all class.
Hard not to like the Wahoos. Good luck to em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom