Very Very Very Bad start for McDonald | Syracusefan.com

Very Very Very Bad start for McDonald

Dcuse

All Conference
One real big play for offense. Multiple,Multiple opportunities given by the defense. Had enough of Krautman too

the rcvrs and rbs need to catch the ball.. even the last drive started with a gulley drop.
probablt 4-5 drops that turned decent plays into nothing. and 3 screens were set up well and got zip out of them as well

One real big play for offense. Multiple,Multiple opportunities given by the defense. Had enough of Krautman too
Agree, kept running it up the middle when that wouldn't work. Then, eventhough it worked, never through the ball down the middle after the Kobena play. Weak.

Way too conservative on offense, we need to get the ball to our playmakers like Kobena, Estime, Broyld, Flemming and Clark, Estime Kobena and Clark had 1 ball thrown their way the whole game. Also how about mixing up the play calling on first down, instead of a run up the gut say we throw the ball on first down, just rantings, very frustrated, a game that was very winnable.

The running it up the middle over and over and over thing is what killed me. Jerome got the ball twice going around the left side, and one was a 22 yard gain and the other was a 12 yard touchdown.

But by all means, let's just pound the ball up between the tackles every freaking play.

Any of you guys ever watch much of the Flintstones? Remember how one of the gags was that when Pebbles Flintstone was crawling she'd go headfirst into the wall and wouldn't stop trying to crawl through it until someone came and picked her up and turned her around?

That's what the playcalling felt like today.

The whole offense was just a mass of confusion

Exactly. I hope the staff examines their play calling communication because there was too much confusion even for a first game.

I'm not a big fan of interior runs out of the pistol. There were too many plays where Allen was faking handoffs to RBs who weren't there. I also saw him do a few 360s almost looking for another back to handoff to.

All in all, we have the talent to be effective offensively. I think QB play will improve with a few tweaks in communication and personnel packages.

this was almost a mirror image of hacketts first game as oc- hackett had time to learn on the job and it took awhile -
ole mcdonald doesnt have that luxury- cant be just a recruiter- has to be a effective play-caller out of the gate-
it sucks for him that he has to grow that fast as a oc-but we cant afford to lose the little ground that we found last year

this was almost a mirror image of hacketts first game as oc- hackett had time to learn on the job and it took awhile -
ole mcdonald doesnt have that luxury- cant be just a recruiter- has to be a effective play-caller out of the gate-
it sucks for him that he has to grow that fast as a oc-but we cant afford to lose the little ground that we found last year

Exactly. It's his first game. It's Drew's 1st game. If you want to toss the whole O out I don't know what to tell you. They won't be last years offense - too many seniors and continuity between OC and HC - but they can and will get better.

The D was pretty good. A few blown coverages and dumb penalties - but they are the definite strength of this team.

Krautman needs to make that kick.
And Reddish needs to beat a tackle in the open field. I hate saying that as he was awesome on the play with the strip and return, but we need a TD there and not have to count on the kicker.

And Reddish needs to beat a tackle in the open field. I hate saying that as he was awesome on the play with the strip and return, but we need a TD there and not have to count on the kicker.

He made a huge pick and flipped the field.

Krautman's been here a long time. D1 guys make that kick.

Never really able to establish any type of rhythm on offense, I didn't get the sense of any coherent plan of attack. There were definitely some bright spots, and hopefully they work out the communications issues. Allen sounded very frustrated about those issues in the post game interview.

Lets be honest. The offense was so bad, it's hard to point out the problem. Right side of line, WR, play calling? QB?.

Enough potential issues.

Lets let the next two games play our before we deteirmune a source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom