Veteran's Roll Call: All Veteran's or those who have a Veteran relative, sound off! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Veteran's Roll Call: All Veteran's or those who have a Veteran relative, sound off!

7 years USAF SAC early years.

Once Sacomcized always Sacomcized. I got Sacomicized in Minot as my first duty assignment.

Barkatraz (Barksdale AFB for the uninitiated) '92-'93, 2nd Bomb Wing in the Mighty 8th

One of the unit mottos: "The difficult we can do immediately, the impossible will take a little longer."

Both grandfathers died in WWII and mom's cousin was MIA fighting for the same cause. Two great uncles and a great uncle in law also served.

While not having served myself, for the past 11.5 years been working in the Army logistics program that also supports Air Force, Navy and Marines. For the last 3 years stationed in Picatinny Arsenal, NJ. Take great pride in my work. The motto of our program: "One goal, one mission - The Warrior!"

Happy veterans day to all the vets on this board, and thank you to all of you who have served and sacrificed.

Both great Grandfathers WWl
Both Grandfathers WWll
2 Uncles in Vietnam
Both of my brothers served in Operation Iraqi Freedom

Last edited:
Many thanks to my Brother-in-law, Erich Stapelfeldt, who served as a tank gunner in the first Gulf War with the Marines. And to my High School friend and classmate, Christian Wortman, who just became a Brigadier General in the Marine Corps.

And thanks to every individual who has served this great country. Your selflessness and sense of duty is noted, and greatly appreciated. May you live long, prosperous lives. You are simply the best.

USN 1992-2008. Worked on the F-14 Tomcat, the greatest fighter jet ever flown. Worked on Hornets as well. Cruised on the U.S.S. America, did the first two GW cruises, one on the Ike, my last onboard the JFK. The wife served, met her in the Navy. My grandfather was an Air Force test pilot. Various uncles and cousins are veterans, Marines and Army primarily. Older brother was a squid.

Last edited:
My Dad served aboard the USS Lexington and my Great Uncle (with whom I was very close) served in Guam during WWII.

As I was riding near the Intrepid today a group of naval officers was walking south. I was within earshot and said: Happy Veteran's Day, thank you all for your service, and BEAT ARMY! That got smiles, laughs, and a few shouts. I didn't serve but I am part of a Navy family- Anchors Aweigh!!!!