Villanova may have flamed out | Syracusefan.com

Villanova may have flamed out

Poor girl will never live that down lol. Let's be honest we all get emotional when our team loses in the tourney, we may not cry but I usually take a few days to get out of a depressed state and start looking towards the next year.

what a shock, Villanova didn't make it past the first weekend. My condolences to the piccolo player, especially since they were a "1" seed.

I have cried plenty of times in march, nothing to be ashamed of

I'm glad no one had a camera on me after the Richmond loss in 1991. Humiliation may have turned to tears.

Idk she gets a pass as a girl. Any dude crying over a loss is a bit weird. That being said, if we win another NC I will 100% cry.

jec1521 said:
Idk she gets a pass as a girl. Any dude crying over a loss is a bit weird. That being said, if we win another NC I will 100% cry.
Yeah, I have never cried after a loss. I wish I could. It might provide some relief from that sick feeling.

I have cried a few times after victories.

6uu0CW2.jpg

Maybe I'm a cyborg but I can't even fathom crying after a loss.

Edit:
Edit: Really, I think I'm just an eternal optimist when it comes to sports and fandom. Obviously I'm bummed out after a loss but mostly I'm just happy to watch the team play year after year. Every SU game is 2 hours I know I will enjoy. Last year for example, I thought was a blast of a season. The excitement of the 25-0 to start the season totally overshadowed any of the disapointment that followed, imo. I would love to beef up our football program but honestly as long as we're generally competitive in every game (i.e. NOT the G-Rob years) I'm fine with 7-5 or 8-4 year after year. A lot of people probably thinks this makes me less of a fan, but I live and breathe SU bball/football, I guess I'm just wired a bit different than most.

Last edited:

I'm assuming this means you cry after losses? Like you are so emotionally upset and angry that tears come out of your eyes? Once again, not sure how that could happen to any man.

And that is not saying that men don't cry. I just said I would cry if we win another NC (I was only 14 in 2003 so I did not fully understand the magnitude of it all)

Maybe if they are a parent/relative of a player, or have some other close connection to the team, I could see it.

I'm assuming this means you cry after losses? Like you are so emotionally upset and angry that tears come out of your eyes? Once again, not sure how that could happen to any man.

And that is not saying that men don't cry. I just said I would cry if we win another NC (I was only 14 in 2003 so I did not fully understand the magnitude of it all)

Maybe if they are a parent/relative of a player, or have some other close connection to the team, I could see it.
I've never cried after a loss but I could see certain attachments you may have to Syracuse beyond your fandom that cause an emotional reaction. I remember the story about an Ole Miss(?) fan on College Gameday who talked about growing up and the Ole Miss Gamedays with his father and even though his father had passed away he felt the ghost of his father on Gamedays. I imagine you'd prob cry easier in that scenario had your team won because you wish you parent/friend could have seen it but a loss could certainly evoke that reaction as well.

The dude crying over the loss was because of the money he lost from his betting!

Let's be honest, you'd be crying too if you were a Villanova fan. Here at Syracuse, we have a chance every year to go to the final four; Villanova, not so much.

I will tear up at the end of JB's last game as head coach. Orange BB has been a big part of my life for a crazy number of years.

Yeah, the Villanova girls crying were notable. I was thinking wow at the time.

Dave85 I love your posts, somehow your avatar fits them perfectly. Keep being you my man! You're slowly ascending into Cuse Hulk territory for me.

EDIT:
200.gif

I've never cried after a loss but I could see certain attachments you may have to Syracuse beyond your fandom that cause an emotional reaction. I remember the story about an Ole Miss(?) fan on College Gameday who talked about growing up and the Ole Miss Gamedays with his father and even though his father had passed away he felt the ghost of his father on Gamedays. I imagine you'd prob cry easier in that scenario had your team won because you wish you parent/friend could have seen it but a loss could certainly evoke that reaction as well.

That would get a pass, I guess.

I will tear up at the end of JB's last game as head coach. Orange BB has been a big part of my life for a crazy number of years.

Sure. I could see that. There's nothing wrong with showing emotion after a big win, or a big milestone.

I didn't "cry" persay, but I did tear up a little in 2013 at the Elite 8 Marquette game after we won. It was an emotional moment because we haven't been to a Final four in a decade.

In comparison, I was at the Elite 8 game against Ohio State the year before when we lost. I was sad, angry, and upset. But I was certainly nowhere near crying or even tearing up. It's just a game and there is always next year. There's way too many other sad things in life to cry over.

You're assuming incorrectly.

You made a comment saying men shouldn't cry about a loss. You then said you'd cry if we won a championship.

Sounds oxymoronic to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom