Virginia Gameday... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Gameday...

Had to listen on the radio. Kyle and Tim were giving Nunes a lot of kudos for his play in the second half and looking here I saw a lot of comments about shot selection. Not sure what to think as I trust the judgment of many posters here will have to re-watch..
yeh i listened too. sounds like cavs were sliding to double and got burned. look forward to the replay.
anyHOO glad the team pulled out a win on a day when we celebrate the great paul gait. that much sweeter.

c3cc0411dca2cd912aaf989d9e01c853--lacrosse-lax.jpg

Last edited:
Boys, I’m taking the credit for this win. Turned it on when it was 7-5 Cuse. Virginia came back. Had to go to Lowe’s at halftime. Come back and Cuse is up two in the third. Virginia comes back to go up two. I have to turn it off to finish a house project. I check here, Cuse has won. I’m not the hero you needed, but the one you deserve.

Good job with set plays, across off of three pick and rolls and one give and go

Boys, I’m taking the credit for this win. Turned it on when it was 7-5 Cuse. Virginia came back. Had to go to Lowe’s at halftime. Come back and Cuse is up two in the third. Virginia comes back to go up two. I have to turn it off to finish a house project. I check here, Cuse has won. I’m not the hero you needed, but the one you deserve.
Thank you for your service

Had to listen on the radio. Kyle and Tim were giving Nunes a lot of kudos for his play in the second half and looking here I saw a lot of comments about shot selection. Not sure what to think as I trust the judgment of many posters here will have to re-watch..

Glad they never gave up. The 2 minute penalty with the 3 goal lead could have led to disaster but the Orange held tight.

What an old-school game. Go orange!

Nunes got hot, shot selection was fine. The only one I wanted back was Hiltz sidearm shot 5 yards out in front of the cage. Over hand there and its goal.

What a comeback! To reel off 4 straight goals late to win it was extremely impressive. Let’s hope the team gets rested and not rusty this next week and send either UVA or Duke packing in the ACCT.

Two man game from Thomson and English was huge! Was great to see Thomson can that shot late in the game. He needed to see that go through. Just having a good fourth quarter is huge for the confidence we have in late games going forward.

Figueras overall a fantastic game. Mark i know he was below 50% in the end but one of the best goalie performances I have seen in recent years. What a great day in the dome!! To have all the alumni there for an intense victory in the dome. Its just perfect

That felt like a late-198O’s college lacrosse game.

Fast moving, physical, full-field fast breaks.

A very fitting tribute to Paul Gait.
So I’m a central New York guy (Dewitt) that married a Hokie. So her hate for UVA is honest and deep. She doesn’t understand that I have respect for UVA lacrosse as a huge SU lacrosse fan. It’s because of games like this. Lacrosse how it should be played. No MD stall ball. Helps that Cuse wins!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom