Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact? | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact?

I suspect you are correct, but just asking out of curiosity...did the two teams with positive tests use the same locker room at different times? No big deal!
only staffers at the arena and members of the program would know if they shared spaces

Thing I don’t get is how was Duke out due to covid (tho they weren’t getting selected anyways) but Virginia might be in.
didnt the duke womens basketball opt out back in february so im guessing it duke decision

replacement teams will only be made for teams that have to drop out prior to 6pm Tuesday night. After that, the opponent just moves forward as we’ve seen in the ACCT.
Yikes. This is terrible. The tournament is gonna be a mess. They should have done like TBT did and created a 14 day quarantine bubble. There’s not enough time between the end Of the conference tourneys and the start of the NCAAs.

Yikes. This is terrible. The tournament is gonna be a mess. They shouldn’t have done like TBT did and created a 14 day quarantine bubble. There’s not enough time between the end Of the conference tourneys and the start of the NCAAs.
there is more time than normal since 1st four isnt until thursday

If a team cannot play due to failing COVID they should be given the right to appoint a substitute team. If Virginia can't play, they still retain their spot on the bracket with the seeding, they can then say pick another team to play for them. If they pick us we would be called "the Syracuse Orange on behalf of the Virginia Cavaliers".

Why not? Still sounds 200% better than the Michigan State Spartans wearing pocket rocket mortgage.

Im not reading through this thread but doesnt the only thing that matter is we test negative? We havent heard about any positive cuse tests? Might be a blessing in disguise that we had positive tests earlier in the year.

Duke tested positive AFTER their game too, seems like there should have been testing BEFORE the games, no?

I believe they're testing every day? They were (probably?) tested after their game the day before

Which if we can be honest, it kind of is for most top programs. People here often want us to decline NIT invites, and especially this year? What Duke did makes a lot of sense.

Especially this year.

The players and the coaches are under pretty big restrictions; if the choice was between keeping those restrictions on to play in the NIT, or, well, not doing that, the choice seems kinda easy to me.

Im not reading through this thread but doesnt the only thing that matter is we test negative? We havent heard about any positive cuse tests? Might be a blessing in disguise that we had positive tests earlier in the year.
and all the players unis had contract tracing devices sewn in

I know of Duke, UVa and N C A @ T. as the three teams that I know of . That’s 3 out of how many teams. In this bizarre year that’s pretty good of all those teams playing conf. tourneys. Kind of an overreaction here because the ACC and SU are effected. Think the NCAA s will be all right , certainly not normal IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom