Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact?

Who would have guessed conference tourneys would cause an issue?

these things either should have been cancelled or at a minimum there had to be at least a 10 day quarantine for all the teams in the Indy bubble.

Without a quarantine clearing period before the Indy bubble, it’s not really a bubble is it? Bringing in teams that have congregated with several other teams in say a dozen other cities and then bringing them all in to one city 5 days later is typical NCAA. Stupid decision dictated by greed.
I thought you needed 7 days of negative COVID tests before Indy?

Oh my god! This is what we get for trashing Duke. Now we gotta pray and hope we good.
I have been saying this. There will be some schools not able to play NCAA tournament due to Covid 19. Duke will not be the only one. Just hope Virginia and Syracuse won't be the next two.

Last edited:
I might be in the minority here, but I don’t see how the NCAA tournament is going to work if they can’t even escape the conference tournaments unscathed by Covid.

IMO we shouldn’t even have March Madness this year. Professionals are paid millions, Covid risk is now an occupational hazard for them. These kids aren’t paid. They shouldn’t have to shoulder the risk.

Last edited:
The first four tip off next Thursday and if we make it to that we are screwed.
If we are in the natural field we could play next Saturday and have 7 days in a row of no positive tests.

UVA screwed us if we are one of the last 4 in.

Honestly UVA may have ended our season depending on who it is.
According to Louisville yesterday the ACC was using the high-tech tracing bands for all teams, so we should know pretty quickly if SU was affected by it or not. At that point, I think we would need seven days of negative tests if we were in contact for the amount of time that is required to go into COVID protocol. That would mean if we did get into the tournament we'd have to play on Saturday. I think?

If we are in the natural field we could play next Saturday and have 7 days in a row of no positive tests.

The question is would the committee move us to Saturday and move someone else to Thursday just cause of this

And they never had to play a game
I mean wow.gif

I wonder if the ncaa considers pushing the tourney back a week to allow for quarantine time.

I’m sure TV contracts are king here, but there will start to be questions about legitimacy if this keeps going like this.

unless they are using a new format , don’t the first four play on Tues/Wed and then the traditional first rd games are Thurs/Fri?

Last edited:
With the trackers they all wore, this won’t necessarily knock us completely out even if we had contact with whoever it was. Another question: if the trackers say Buddy was in close contact with the person would he have to sit given he’s already had covid?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom