Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th

Wow - the UVA group sales office is on the ball. They just got back and explained that the 13 tickets that Phenomenon bought were simply deducted from the allocation of 200 on my admin panel hence the 187 total.

So, boys and girls, that means that we have actually sold 174 tickets and there are only 26 tickets remaining in our group!
DO NOT LOLLYGAG!

Great job...wonder if they would open up another 50 tickets?

Just got 4 more! My group is up to 9. We're gonna need 2 parking passes Crusty.

Any word on where the tailgate will be? As I said before, we are traveling in so we can't bring anything big, but we can buy supplies. Let me know.

I'm still predicting Cuse will be 4-1 going into UVa!

Go Orange!

Florange44

Just got 4 more! My group is up to 9. We're gonna need 2 parking passes Crusty.

Any word on where the tailgate will be? As I said before, we are traveling in so we can't bring anything big, but we can buy supplies. Let me know.

I'm still predicting Cuse will be 4-1 going into UVa!

Go Orange!

Florange44
I am going to stop at Charlottesville on my up to Fan Fest. We are going to see if we can get a church or something within a mile of the Scott Stadium, otherwise we will use one of the other venues that are a bit longer walk. I will post it well in advance and we will have a sign up site for advance tailgate tickets.
Go Orange!

I am going to stop at Charlottesville on my up to Fan Fest. We are going to see if we can get a church or something within a mile of the Scott Stadium, otherwise we will use one of the other venues that are a bit longer walk. I will post it well in advance and we will have a sign up site for advance tailgate tickets.
Go Orange!
The closest church is St. Thomas Aquinas on Alderman Road. They have the biggest parking lot. Wesley Memorial Methodist on Emmett Street has a big lot and is the closest non-University lot. St. Mark's Lutheran is on the corner of Ivy and Alderman, but their lot is much, much smaller. All of them sell parking spaces for the football games. The University Hall and JPJ Arena lots, obviously, are the biggest and sell tickets for the shuttle buses. Your parking space is free. It's walkable (about a mile) and in October it shouldn't be 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity. The Ivy Garage is a pay-per-game University-owned lot. You might check with Parking & Transportation (1101 Millmont St. which is behind the Barracks Road Shopping Center, 434-924-7231) about having your tailgate on the top level. The Ivy Garage is a little closer than U Hall and you'll walk through some of the Grounds to get to the stadium.

The closest church is St. Thomas Aquinas on Alderman Road. They have the biggest parking lot. Wesley Memorial Methodist on Emmett Street has a big lot and is the closest non-University lot. St. Mark's Lutheran is on the corner of Ivy and Alderman, but their lot is much, much smaller. All of them sell parking spaces for the football games. The University Hall and JPJ Arena lots, obviously, are the biggest and sell tickets for the shuttle buses. Your parking space is free. It's walkable (about a mile) and in October it shouldn't be 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity. The Ivy Garage is a pay-per-game University-owned lot. You might check with Parking & Transportation (1101 Millmont St. which is behind the Barracks Road Shopping Center, 434-924-7231) about having your tailgate on the top level. The Ivy Garage is a little closer than U Hall and you'll walk through some of the Grounds to get to the stadium.
Great info I will check them out!

Got you covered - how many do you need - one?

Afternoon. Crusty how do you want me to pay for the ticket? or should I just try buying online again.

Thanks
Justin

Afternoon. Crusty how do you want me to pay for the ticket? or should I just try buying online again.

Thanks
Justin
Hi Justin,
There are 30ish left so might try again as it is easier to print at home. Just let me know as I will have you covered either way.If you can't make it work PM me and I will give you instructions for payment.

Thanks
Justin
Hi Justin,
There are 30ish left so might try again as it is easier to print at home. Just let me know as I will have you covered either way.If you can't make it work PM me and I will give you instructions for payment.

Hi Justin,

Thanks again. I will log on and do this later today

Hoo's That...I hope you can come by our tailgate and introduce yourself. Wanna have you try one of our Coneys and a Utica Club.
Thank you very much for the invitation! I certainly will try to be there. One of my UVa roommates from Crotchester warned me about Utica Club back in the day.:eek:

One separate "heads up" - although it will be a while before the starting time is announced, this game seems to have a noon start written all over it.

Thank you very much for the invitation! I certainly will try to be there. One of my UVa roommates from Crotchester warned me about Utica Club back in the day.:eek:

One separate "heads up" - although it will be a while before the starting time is announced, this game seems to have a noon start written all over it.
or 12:30pm...I think that is the ACC start time

I'm hoping for a 3:30-4:00 game. That way I probably won't start drinking until noon...maybe...

Hoo's That...I hope you can come by our tailgate and introduce yourself. Wanna have you try one of our Coneys and a Utica Club.
Wait, is that a shot at the classic hometown brew?

Wait, is that a shot at the classic hometown brew?
schultzanddooley.jpg

They're watching you, Mark

Actually Genesee was the beer and ale from Crochester. Are you sure he did not warn you about Genny?

Actually Genesee was the beer and ale from Crochester. Are you sure he did not warn you about Genny?
Now that I think a couple of times about it, he did mention that one rather than Utica Club. He called it "Gene-sewer".

Now that I think a couple of times about it, he did mention that one rather than Utica Club. He called it "Gene-sewer".
I thought that might be the case. UC has always been better the Genny. I can not drink beer any more, so not sure if either still exist.

Roll Call UVA Tailgate
We will finalize the tailgate site in the coming days. Right now, it looks like the best option is University Hall where the parking is free. There is plenty of space and we would get there early to grab a prominent site near the entrance just like we did at Wake Forest last year. It is about 1.1 miles from the stadium. University Hall should be open for rest room facilities.

The pre-tailgate price is $7.50 for food and $12.50 if you are drinking adult beverages. At the tailgate the price will be $10.00 for food and $15.00 if you are drinking adult beverages. We will have a site where you can order tickets. Please let me know how many you will be bringing to the tailgate and I will send you a link to pay.

ALSO, please let me know if you want to park near us so that I can try and save as many spots as we need close by. Post to this thread or PM me.

As of now there are 27 tickets remaining in our section. We are going to have 200 screaming nutzo Cuse fans in our section!

We will post needed items in a week or so.

We will not play Virginia again in football until 2022 (at the Dome). DO NOT MISS THIS EPIC TAILGATE.

Apologies for anybody I missed.
CaliBob'63
Consigliere
cuckster7
cuse45
CuseFan
Cusejuicy CuyahogaCuse
dinosaurbbq
Domedog84
downstate
Entropic
Eric15