Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th

Crusty has done an exhaustive search on parking and all the closer lots are either too small, reserved or sold out. If you can't make the trek I suggest you wait for the official SU tailgate/reception. It will be located next to the stadium. Parking will be for you to figure out but if someone in your group has a disability placard that would be your best play.

The biggest UVa tailgate similar to yours, it's called Wilk Hall, will also be held in the U Hall parking lot. When you're facing U Hall with your back to Klockner Stadium (the soccer/lax field), they usually set up to the far right of the parking lot (near where it starts to go toward the blue field hockey field when you look on Google Earth).

Based on earlier post, there is a shuttle bus you can pay to use right from that lot? Is it easy to use or better to walk? I'm fine with the walk but may have some little legs with me so trying to figure out if it will be OK to park there or if we should park closer. If it's a flat walk, little ones should be fine.

Never been to a football game there and looking forward to it.

Based on earlier post, there is a shuttle bus you can pay to use right from that lot? Is it easy to use or better to walk? I'm fine with the walk but may have some little legs with me so trying to figure out if it will be OK to park there or if we should park closer. If it's a flat walk, little ones should be fine.

Yes, there are shuttle buses (off-duty Charlottesville and Albemarle school buses) to take you from the U Hall lot to the stadium. It's a couple of bucks. There are two bus stops near the stadium (one for the buses to U Hall and the other for the ones to Downtown), so try to remember where you were dropped off and check the signs when you get on line for the bus to go back to the correct parking lot after the game.

Handicapped parking with a plate and/or placard is in a different lot and the bus is free.

Parking closer to the stadium involves getting there very early for when the church lots open or giving several thousand dollars a year to the athletic scholarship fund. I've been told the ones in the lots immediately around the stadium go for at least $5K/year.

Thank you! Looks like the other garages aren't that much closer as far as walk go anyways so will definitely be in the U Hall lot then. May not even have my kids with me so might be a moot point.

Crusty- Coming from Richmond so happy to bring supplies up. Let me know what I can do to help.

UVA tells me no shuttle bus from U Hall on game day.

Thank you! Looks like the other garages aren't that much closer as far as walk go anyways so will definitely be in the U Hall lot then. May not even have my kids with me so might be a moot point.

Crusty- Coming from Richmond so happy to bring supplies up. Let me know what I can do to help.
Will do thanks.

How is the cab situation in Cville for post game festivities?

They have cabs and Uber. 10 taxi companies within the city limits. Between cabs and Uber it should be easy to get around.

Uber may be unreliable just prior to the game. I am arranging for a local taxi company to provide a shuttle service from U Hall to Scott Stadium and back after the game. It looks like about $20 per head, maybe a bit less.

Roll Call UVA Tailgate
We will finalize the tailgate site in the coming days. Right now, it looks like the best option is University Hall where the parking is free. There is plenty of space and we would get there early to grab a prominent site near the entrance just like we did at Wake Forest last year. It is about 1.1 miles from the stadium. University Hall should be open for rest room facilities.

The pre-tailgate price is $7.50 for food and $12.50 if you are drinking adult beverages. At the tailgate the price will be $10.00 for food and $15.00 if you are drinking adult beverages. We will have a site where you can order tickets. Please let me know how many you will be bringing to the tailgate and I will send you a link to pay.

ALSO, please let me know if you want to park near us so that I can try and save as many spots as we need close by. Post to this thread or PM me.

As of now there are 27 tickets remaining in our section. We are going to have 200 screaming nutzo Cuse fans in our section!

We will post needed items in a week or so.

We will not play Virginia again in football until 2022 (at the Dome). DO NOT MISS THIS EPIC TAILGATE.

Apologies for anybody I missed.
CaliBob'63
Consigliere
cuckster7
cuse45
CuseFan
Cusejuicy CuyahogaCuse
dinosaurbbq
Domedog84
downstate
Entropic
Eric15
florange44
gocraz4dasu
HeaterCuse22 hoopsupstate Kelly029x
orange_in_VA
Orangeman
OrangePA orangesox44
Ozcuse
Phenomenon
richmondcuse03
Shenexon
SUbear
TexanMark
ThruWayWest
VaSaltine

I'm assuming you meant "OrangeMon" and not "OrangeMan"? Just checking.

When is the pre-tailgate, the day/night before the game? There will be four of us to the tailgate for sure. Food and adult beverages. Not sure about the pre-tailgate yet.

Thanks again for everything Crusty!

I'm assuming you meant "OrangeMon" and not "OrangeMan"? Just checking.

When is the pre-tailgate, the day/night before the game? There will be four of us to the tailgate for sure. Food and adult beverages. Not sure about the pre-tailgate yet.

Thanks again for everything Crusty!
Yes, amazing there was only one typo.
Tailgate will on game day time TBA when we know game time. We will be setting up early in the morning to secure a good location.

Update
There are 26 tickets remaining.

We have checked with two limousine/bus charter services and have bluntly been told to walk!. Even though it is only a mile to the stadium, they tell me that because of the roads, it takes them about 30 minutes to drive from University Hall to Scott Stadium and the return is even longer! So - be hard nosed and prepared to walk!

My Mom was 76 at the time in 2004 and made the walk...it is at least along sidewalks. If you have someone who can't do it...I suggest you contact UVA about parking in the Disabled Parking Lot.

My Mom was 76 at the time in 2004 and made the walk...it is at least along sidewalks. If you have someone who can't do it...I suggest you contact UVA about parking in the Disabled Parking Lot.
Oh I like that. UVA probably thinks all Cuse fans are disabled!

Roll Call UVA Tailgate
We will finalize the tailgate site in the coming days. Right now, it looks like the best option is University Hall where the parking is free. There is plenty of space and we would get there early to grab a prominent site near the entrance just like we did at Wake Forest last year. It is about 1.1 miles from the stadium. University Hall should be open for rest room facilities.

The pre-tailgate price is $7.50 for food and $12.50 if you are drinking adult beverages. At the tailgate the price will be $10.00 for food and $15.00 if you are drinking adult beverages. We will have a site where you can order tickets. Please let me know how many you will be bringing to the tailgate and I will send you a link to pay.

ALSO, please let me know if you want to park near us so that I can try and save as many spots as we need close by. Post to this thread or PM me.

As of now there are 27 tickets remaining in our section. We are going to have 200 screaming nutzo Cuse fans in our section!

We will not play Virginia again in football until 2022 (at the Dome). DO NOT MISS THIS EPIC TAILGATE.

CaliBob'63
Consigliere
cuckster7
cuse45
CuseFan
Cusejuicy CuyahogaCuse
dinosaurbbq
Domedog84
downstate
Entropic
Eric15
florange44
gocraz4dasu
orange_in_VA
Orangeman
OrangePA orangesox44
Ozcuse
Phenomenon
richmondcuse03
Shenexon
SUbear
TexanMark
ThruWayWest
VaSaltine

I will be there with a friend who is going to his first ever Syracuse football game. I am getting him the appropriate gear. We are driving down from DC. I will drink and he will drive. We will both be eating food.

Looking forward to this and so appreciative for your efforts. Affordable tickets, parking, tailgate...all we need to do is show up. First class operation. Thanks!

Roll Call UVA Tailgate

CaliBob'63
Consigliere
cuckster7
cuse45
CuseFan
Cusejuicy CuyahogaCuse
dinosaurbbq
Domedog84
downstate
Entropic
Eric15
florange44
gocraz4dasu
orange_in_VA
Orangeman
OrangePA orangesox44
Ozcuse
Phenomenon
richmondcuse03
Shenexon
SUbear
TexanMark
ThruWayWest
VaSaltine

Myself +1

Crusty said:
Roll Call UVA Tailgate

CaliBob'63
Consigliere
cuckster7
cuse45
CuseFan
Cusejuicy CuyahogaCuse
dinosaurbbq
Domedog84
downstate
Entropic
Eric15
florange44
gocraz4dasu
orange_in_VA
Orangeman
OrangePA orangesox44
Ozcuse
Phenomenon
richmondcuse03
Shenexon
SUbear
TexanMark
ThruWayWest
VaSaltine

Total of 8 in my group.

I will have 3 total, all eating and drinking. Need one parking space. Thanks so much for setting this up. Can't wait to meet everyone and hopefully watch a big win!

Right now, it will be just myself. Are there still tickets available if I can convince one of my kids to join me? I will be coming from the Shenandoah Valley if you need anything. I have a bunch of folding tables if needed.

Right now, it will be just myself. Are there still tickets available if I can convince one of my kids to join me? I will be coming from the Shenandoah Valley if you need anything. I have a bunch of folding tables if needed.
Check that...my daughter is coming up from Williamsburg so that will be 2 for me, and will pre-pay for food & drink. I bought both tickets on the link provided but at different times. I might be looking to do some trading so we can sit together.

Yes about 20 left. If we win next week they will probably get sold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom