Wake is winnable | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wake is winnable

CousCuse said:
They pass the eye test and they have a very good coach .
What's the eye test? Is that a standardized test?
I'm being partly snarky, but I'm legitimately curious what you look at. Are you looking at the roster? Game film? Watching them walk to the field like racehorses?

They pass the eye test and they have a very good coach .

Eye test? They also pass the "has black in their helmet" test, the "QB from FL" test, and the "coach disrespected Cuse" test. We're so screwed. (Show me stats, eye tests mean you're being bewitched or something).

He's good enough coach to get a p5 job, so that makes him good compared to all of the other coaches who coach at lower levels, in most cases. Not sure what else on his resume puts him in the "really good" category.

I am not so sure that us correct. I know the rankings says that, but they do mean much until later in the season. Very hard to know what teams will do about defense.
Yukon is really bad. they basically had to get lucky to beat Maine. Maine. and they got Virginia at home the week after an Oregon road trip.

What's the eye test? Is that a standardized test?
I'm being partly snarky, but I'm legitimately curious what you look at. Are you looking at the roster? Game film? Watching them walk to the field like racehorses?
They are playing hard , fast and cohesive as a team and getting wins out of it . They are forcing the action , it doesn't appear as just luck .

Eye test? They also pass the "has black in their helmet" test, the "QB from FL" test, and the "coach disrespected Cuse" test. We're so screwed. (Show me stats, eye tests mean you're being bewitched or something).

He's good enough coach to get a p5 job, so that makes him good compared to all of the other coaches who coach at lower levels, in most cases. Not sure what else on his resume puts him in the "really good" category.
You must never have looked at his resume .

Was it the matching 3-9 records at Wake for 2014 and 2015 that screamed "really good coach" to you? Or was it the 4-8 record in 2013 when he had other coaches players?

Maybe it was that we beat them under Shafer 3 times and he was a "really good coach"?

Was it the matching 3-9 records at Wake for 2014 and 2015 that screamed "really good coach" to you? Or was it the 4-8 record in 2013 when he had other coaches players?

Maybe it was that we beat them under Shafer 3 times and he was a "really good coach"?
Apparently , you didn't read his bio either . For starters , he was head coach at Bowling Green in 2013 and was 10-3 and won the MAC championship.

Apparently , you didn't read his bio either . For starters , he was head coach at Bowling Green in 2013 and was 10-3 and won the MAC championship.

Winning the MAC championship with success at Bowling Green doesn't mean shite.. Oh wait...:bat::bat: and I agree I think wake will be a tough game, as I said BC, Wake and Su are all peer programs right now

Winning the MAC championship with success at Bowling Green doesn't mean shite.. Oh wait...:bat::bat: and I agree I think wake will be a tough game, as I said BC, Wake and Su are all peer programs right now

Year School Record Pct. Conf. Pct. Postseason Championships
2015 Wake Forest 3-9 .250 1-7 .125
2014 Wake Forest 3-9 .250 1-7 .125
2013 Bowling Green 10-3 .769 7-1 .875 Little Caesars Bowl MAC Champions
2012 Bowling Green 8-5 .615 6-2 .750 Military Bowl
2011 Bowling Green 5-7 .417 3-5 .375
2010 Bowling Green 2-10 .167 1-7 .125
2009 Bowling Green 7-6 .538 6-2 .750 Humanitarian Bowl
2007 Richmond 11-3 .786 7-1 .875 FCS Playoff Semifinals CAA Champions
2006 Richmond 6-5 .545 3-5 .375
2005 Richmond 9-4 .692 7-1 .875 FCS Playoff Quarterfinals A-10 Champions
2004 Richmond 3-8 .273 2-6 .250
2003 Fordham 9-3 .750 4-3 .571
2002 Fordham 10-3 .769 6-1 .857 FCS Playoff Quarterfinals Patriot League Champions
2001 Fordham 7-4 .636 5-2 .714
2000 Fordham 3-8 .273 1-5 .167
1999 Fordham 0-11 .000 0-6 .000
Totals 16 years 96-98 .495 60-61 .496 He has built champions everywhere he has been .

Put the pipe down and back away. His record at BGSU was 32-30, which means he was average at best.

He was 29-20 Fordham and 29-29 at Richmond. He is 10-19 at Wake.

What about that resume screams "Really good coach to you"??

Was it the only 10 win season he had?

Put the pipe down and back away. His record at BGSU was 32-30, which means he was average at best.

Nope...I think it is the 96-98 career W/L record. Pretty impressive.

Just like Wake , all those teams were down and out when he took them over .

With blue curtain gone and Iggy in retirement cous figures the football board could use an agenda laden troll.
What would you have , a cheer leading section .

"With Clawson as their offensive coordinator, Tennessee suffered its worst statistical offensive season in over 30 years."

0-2 in bowl games.

Losing record in the ACC.
Barely .500 as the Bowling Green coach in 5 years.

0-3 vs Syracuse.

He's good a slow rebuilds. But I wouldn't say he's a very good coach. I'm not even sure he's a good P5 coach.

"With Clawson as their offensive coordinator, Tennessee suffered its worst statistical offensive season in over 30 years."

0-2 in bowl games.

Losing record in the ACC.
Barely .500 as the Bowling Green coach in 5 years.

0-3 vs Syracuse.

He's good a slow rebuilds. But I wouldn't say he's a very good coach. I'm not even sure he's a good P5 coach.
Only been the coach at Wake 2 seasons .

Just like Wake , all those teams were down and out when he took them over .

Record wise he has made Wake worse just like he made Bowling Green worse outside of his last season there. The guy is the 2nd worst HC in the ACC. He still hasn't surpassed the win total that got Wake's last HC fired.

Record wise he has made Wake worse just like he made Bowling Green worse outside of his last season there. The guy is the 2nd worst HC in the ACC. He still hasn't surpassed the win total that got Wake's last HC fired.
That is just the kind of short term thinking that keeps programs in a down cycle . If Dino does worse than last year , does he not know how to coach .

The problems that Clawson will have recruiting at Wake is the same one Grobe faced. It is the smallest, private university in the ACC conference, has high academic requirements and is recruiting against three other conference teams in the same state.

That is just the kind of short term thinking that keeps programs in a down cycle . If Dino does worse than last year , does he not know how to coach .

If after 3 seasons Babers' best record is 4-8 then yes it means he doesn't know how to coach. In the last 10 years Wake has been 5-7 or better six times. Clawson has been worse than 5-7 twice and might not get there this year. How can you say he is "really good" when there is zero proof he is decent?

If after 3 seasons Babers' best record is 4-8 then yes it means he doesn't know how to coach. In the last 10 years Wake has been 5-7 or better six times. Clawson has been worse than 5-7 twice and might not get there this year. How can you say he is "really good" when there is zero proof he is decent?
He has won conference championships at 3 different schools and been named coach of the year numerous times .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom