Ward | Syracusefan.com

Ward

how can you say we dont adjust, we changed the back end about 3 times, we went single.double high,we played quarters, we played zone, we played man.. there isnt much else to try other than flat out blitz the house and we already showed we were too slow to play man.

Not sure.

Who is the last defensive player we had drafted? Is Slayton the only guy that’s played a lot that has a shot?

That and when their WR’s are flat out running by our guys, it makes me think it’s a talent issue first.

Year 4 and 5, the D has to be decent. This year...let’s get better as the year goes on and hopefully have some young guys show promise?

Not sure.

Who is the last defensive player we had drafted? Is Slayton the only guy that’s played a lot that has a shot?

That and when their WR’s are flat out running by our guys, it makes me think it’s a talent issue first.

Year 4 and 5, the D has to be decent. This year...let’s get better as the year goes on and hopefully have some young guys show promise?

Trill might be replacing Scoop pretty quick. I’ll give Cisco a mulligan as a true freshman.

But Foster has to play better. And Cordy is good in the nickel - but his lack of size hurts him

how can you say we dont adjust, we changed the back end about 3 times, we went single.double high,we played quarters, we played zone, we played man.. there isnt much else to try other than flat out blitz the house and we already showed we were too slow to play man.
The back end wasn't the issue.

Not sure.

Zaire Franklin, 2018.

still it was one bad quarter. the other 3 were fine.

It seems like we have had many epically bad performances under Ward. Whether it be 1Q, 1H, 1G, or a stretch of Gs. We only need the D to be consistently serviceable. The 25 games Ward had been here, maybe the D was at least serviceable in 5 of them.

I was expecting big things from Robinson and Coleman. Hats off to WMU's OL their pass pro was on point.

I wouldn't mind seeing Trill start opposite Frederick from here on out.
Their OL was good no doubt

what were you watching?
I understand that they are saying the lack of pressure was a contributing factor but the WM receivers ran right by Bradshaw continuously and Cisco played too shallow and was late coming over. Cordy has not played in a game for two years and boy did it show tonight. Trill Williams and Iffy should get a chance. Ward will be Dino Babers DeLeone if he does not wake up and make a change.

Iffy is hurt already, trill looked Ok but needs some time. strange they ran the same routes the first half and were not nearly as open,

Lack of Pass rush is going to expose the secondary as well.

I want to know why we went to that screwy 3 down linemen with Coleman spying there at the end. It's almost like he (Ward) doesn't want to hit the other teams quarterback. I don't get it.

When i said that it wasn't the back end my point was about Ward. It should be obvious by now. He doesn't have it. Wards style of play is the same as Gerg. He doesnt pressure the QB. Doesn't adjust in game and is just not a very strong DC. Also i dont see him credited with many recruits. I thought that he was going to be replaced after last season. Hope im wrong but i sont ever see a strong D under him.

I was expecting big things from Robinson and Coleman. Hats off to WMU's OL their pass pro was on point.

I wouldn't mind seeing Trill start opposite Frederick from here on out.

Agreed -- the pass rush generated by the DL [which was supposed to be a big strength of our defense] was cause for concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom