Was it worth it? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Was it worth it?

This run probably costs us Malachi IMO. While i was estatic about getting to the F4, i knew UNC was much better this year.

Next year was our year with malachi and lydon leading the way. Next years team with malachi has a legit chance to win it. If we lose him, in hindsight, wss it worth it?

A run is always worth it.

Duke is the example. Their NC cost them severely this year. It's the new world order.

I think Malichi is back. And Lydon, too. If so, we will be good next year.

Coming around? I and others have been saying for awhile now that he'll likely test the waters (as he should) and probably go if he grades out as 1st round
Glad you came around. There were sure a lot of "no ways" around him before.

um, ok, if it makes you feel better to keep going with the "come around" bit

um, ok, if it makes you feel better to keep going with the "come around" bit
Lol. You chaps are funny like that..."no way he's gone"..."well of course he'll test the waters"...

Lol. You chaps are funny like that..."no way he's gone"..."well of course he'll test the waters"...
ok that's great... and why are you including me in that?

I think Malachi has more grounds to leave than Ennis or Grant did. The people saying that he would be D-league if he went are a bit biased. He could play in a rotation next year. That said, right now, he's probably in the 15 to 25 range and I think he can only go up. Tyler was never going to go higher than 18 if he stayed, and if Grant didn't improve his shot, there's no guarantee he would have gone higher. Their stock could have gone down... I don't see any way that Malachi's stock goes down if he stays. For him, its a truly a desire to improve stock and enjoy college vs. get paid now and avoid the risk of a catastrophic injury.

All that said, we're loaded if he comes back.

This is absolutely true. However, the indication from most of the draft "experts" is that he won't grade out in the first round and should come back for one more year.

This is absolutely true. However, the indication from most of the draft "experts" is that he won't grade out in the first round and should come back for one more year.
I don't disagree...but that seems to mean squat in the decision making process unfortunately.

So, we want Mali back next year so that we can make a Final 4 run but this year's run wasn't worth it if he leaves? Final 4s are far from guaranteed no matter how much talent you have. They'll ALWAYS be worth it.

Okay, I doubt he goes. He isn't good enough and there will be a lot of guys testing the waters.

The good thing is that this year he can test the waters without it being irrevocable.

A run is always worth it.

Duke is the example. Their NC cost them severely this year. It's the new world order.

I think Malichi is back. And Lydon, too. If so, we will be good next year.
That was the point. Duke obviously could win it last year cuz they did. This team most likely was not going to win it. Especially with UNC in the way. Whereas next years team with malachi can win it

Blow this thread up. Who the F cares if he leaves.

This kid got us to a Final Four. I highly doubt if he comes back next year we go to the Final Four.

Thank you Mal and if you go to the draft thanks.

If he goes, it leaves us with two guards on the roster.

Howard, Joseph, and Battle?

I think a lot of us have forgotten about Kaleb this year...

This run probably costs us Malachi IMO. While i was estatic about getting to the F4, i knew UNC was much better this year.

Next year was our year with malachi and lydon leading the way. Next years team with malachi has a legit chance to win it. If we lose him, in hindsight, wss it worth it?
Cmon man. There is only one winner every year in CBB. ONE. Making FFs are incredibly hard. JB has coached for 40 years and its his fifth. ABSOLUTELY it was worth it if Richardson declares. That run was awesome man. Awesome. I had so many fun moments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom