Was it worth it? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Was it worth it?

I think Malachi has more grounds to leave than Ennis or Grant did. The people saying that he would be D-league if he went are a bit biased. He could play in a rotation next year. That said, right now, he's probably in the 15 to 25 range and I think he can only go up.

If he goes, it leaves us with two guards on the roster.
Yep. Probably be forced to go the grad student transfer route. There are usually a couple good ones.

Howard, Joseph, and Battle?

I think a lot of us have forgotten about Kaleb this year...
If mali goes, we go get a 5th year guy. There are some good ones out there.

That was the point. Duke obviously could win it last year cuz they did. This team most likely was not going to win it. Especially with UNC in the way. Whereas next years team with malachi can win it

This year's team could have won it. We made the final 4. That's an exceptional year. With Malichi next year, we won't likely get back there.

There's no point to saying if we had only lost to Gonzaga, Malichi would still be on the team --unless you want to start rooting for the team to lose.

This year's team could have won it. We made the final 4. That's an exceptional year. With Malichi next year, we won't likely get back there.

There's no point to saying if we had only lost to Gonzaga, Malichi would still be on the team --unless you want to start rooting for the team to lose.
Spot on. FFs are impossible to predict. IMPOSSIBLE. Just be thankful of this.

Glad we made it to final 4...playing with hose money, made nice run, saw Lydon, malichi and Howard do some nice things and our run could net us some recruiting love...and to top it off...was able to have first Father/son trip to a final 4...looking at the positives...

Final fours are nice, but I want a National Championship. We're capable of a National Championship next year if Mal is back. It will be much more difficult without him.

Final fours are nice, but I want a National Championship. We're capable of a National Championship next year if Mal is back. It will be much more difficult without him.

He might be the most important player in recent years to bring back. We need him.

I think Malachi has more grounds to leave than Ennis or Grant did. The people saying that he would be D-league if he went are a bit biased. He could play in a rotation next year. That said, right now, he's probably in the 15 to 25 range and I think he can only go up. Tyler was never going to go higher than 18 if he stayed, and if Grant didn't improve his shot, there's no guarantee he would have gone higher. Their stock could have gone down... I don't see any way that Malachi's stock goes down if he stays. For him, its a truly a desire to improve stock and enjoy college vs. get paid now and avoid the risk of a catastrophic injury.

All that said, we're loaded if he comes back.

lolwut

A run is always worth it.

Duke is the example. Their NC cost them severely this year. It's the new world order.

I think Malichi is back. And Lydon, too. If so, we will be good next year.
Duke made it to the S16 -- it's nojt like they fell off the map

Yep. I will still be ok if he goes after what we did this year -- but next year could be really, really good if everyone comes back. I think DC will be much improved offensively -- and Roberson/DC/Lydon on the backline consistently will really help us on the glass. Mali and Tyus' (and Frank) length up front of the zone could be huge.

I hope Kaleb sticks it out -- there's talent there, he just needs a big summer

I think Malachi stays because he potentially can be a top 10 pick after his sophomore year. Though he had great second halves and flashed great ability/potential, there is still a lot of polishing needed. He would certainly benefit from another year just like Ennis and Grant would of. But who knows what he and is family wants. The chance of that NBA paycheck is obviously something worth considering. If he stays and we lock up say a transfer guard (If Kaleb doesn't return; I hope he does because I think he still has potential) and Taureen Thompson, Cuse will be pretty deep next year. Hopefully Malachi weighs his potential of growth in 1 more college year and the potential of the team next year.
last time i looked, Ennis, in particular, and Grant were doing well. Grant just went 20/9/3 in 37 min, Ennis scored double figures on 3/17 followed by a 12 assist game 3/18

This run probably costs us Malachi IMO. While i was estatic about getting to the F4, i knew UNC was much better this year.

Next year was our year with malachi and lydon leading the way. Next years team with malachi has a legit chance to win it. If we lose him, in hindsight, wss it worth it?

Absolutely worth it. We made it to the Final Four. How many supposedly great teams have we had, that have fallen short of that achievement.....my god just look at the talent we had in 88, 89, 90, 91, 2010 & 2012. None of them got this far. Getting Mali back doesn't guarantee we get out of the first round. We could run into a team that has a performance like Nova did last night and be out in the first or second round. Always cash in the run if you can.

Absolutely worth it. We made it to the Final Four. How many supposedly great teams have we had, that have fallen short of that achievement...my god just look at the talent we had in 88, 89, 90, 91, 2010 & 2012. None of them got this far. Getting Mali back doesn't guarantee we get out of the first round. We could run into a team that has a performance like Nova did last night and be out in the first or second round. Always cash in the run if you can.
This. Hell, look at MSU this year.

This tournament is a crapshoot and whoever is playing the best that day will advance. Mali could come back, have a great year, then go 2/14 in the 1st round and we get bounced. You can't take these FF runs for granted.

2012 we had 2 losses and didn't even make it to the Final Four. This year we had 13 and did.

As fans we obviously want him back -- but to trade this run to get him back next year for A CHANCE to get to the FF is silly

I don't think the NBA was dumb enough to make Flynn a top five pick based on the 6ot game and I don't think they're dumb enough to draft MR in the first round based on his inconsistent tourney play.

It'll come down to his workouts.

Can we retire the term "house money" after this year? My goodness, were Syracuse, not some upstart Cinderalla. Most annoying phrase ever.

We lost him in that 4 minute run against UVA
USA Today ran a mock NBA (1st round) draft last week. I'm not sure what their source was, however, MR wasn't even on the list. Can't believe that 4 minutes in one game (considering his play the 1st 20 minutes!) will move him not only into the 1st round but high enough to make it worth his while to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom